EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

From this DLC need only new map, rest content or crap (aliens story) or already have in mods (RHS).

16 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

There is no furniture in any of the buildings, so I expect we’ll be arguing about that adnauseum (sp) in the forums for like, forever.

Haven't you heard? The aliens stole them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WAR326 said:

From this DLC need only new map, rest content or crap (aliens story) or already have in mods (RHS).

Don't tell me you aren't hyped for the new drivable tractor. Game-changing stuff.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CaptainDawson said:

Haven't you heard? The aliens stole them.

Damn aliens!!!!!

For anyone interested, here's a video of the new map.

• Thanks 2

Seriously... new map... cool, DayZ SA buildings that we have been forbidden to use... not so cool. The rest... meh... Have BI seen the HALO mod, which does not cost $30?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Seriously... new map... cool, DayZ SA buildings that we have been forbidden to use... not so cool. The rest... meh... Have BI seen the HALO mod, which does not cost $30?

Sure they are from Day Z SA but its the best we can get, i can see much of Day Z mods and servers wich use the Cherno map and the new buildings in combo, there came A2 Day Z feeling up xD

The rest of the DLC is cool, i waiting since A2 for ABC stuff and since 2013 for much more uniform models + russians (russian & polen radio talk in the DLC), i like it very much.

1 hour ago, Rich_R said:

There is no furniture in any of the buildings, so I expect we’ll be arguing about that adnauseum (sp) in the forums for like, forever.

its not that the furniture was missing, its that the aliens took all the furniture man.

but yeah, looking around the terrain so far, its a real work of art. very well made.

EDIT: I didn't even see someone beat me to the joke, sad, sad day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

Sure they are from Day Z SA but its the best we can get, i can see much of Day Z mods and servers wich use the Cherno map and the new buildings in combo, there came A2 Day Z feeling up xD

But we could have been using these assets for years now... but were forbidden under legal jeopardy 

Almost all the 0.61 DZSA buildings were enterable

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Grahame said:

But we could have been using these assets for years now... but were forbidden under legal jeopardy 

The Map is perfect and the buildings too, i can remember to the REALLY strange A2 cherno airbase wich wasnt builded on a realistic plan, no ammo depot, no repaire depots, no realistic hangars, no realistic tower position, trought Day Z SA they learned how this old soviet airbases was builded and for people like me who know this details its special funny to see a realistic military complex, just stunning when i am looking at this VERY high grade of detail, i never expect that we arma player get in A3 a map like this one with this grade of detail, sadly the most people didnt recognize this details, this goodies and make complete wrong and unfair comments.

Look at the A2 Cherno map and you will se what i am writing here, i am sure.

And remember, we all want A4 !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The only thing I'm really excited for is the mop suits 

7 minutes ago, maxl30 said:

The Map is perfect and the buildings too, i can remember to the REALLY strange A2 cherno airbase wich wasnt builded on a realistic plan, no ammo depot, no repaire depots, no realistic hangars, no realistic tower position, trought Day Z SA they learned how this old soviet airbases was builded and for people like me who know this details its special funny to see a realistic military complex, just stunning when i am looking at this VERY high grade of detail, i never expect that we arma player get in A3 a map like this one with this grade of detail, sadly the most people didnt recognize this details, this goodies and make complete wrong and unfair comments.

And remember, we all want A4 !

ROFL... Said all that needs to be said, but ROFL fan boi! That said, yes, I very much want ARMA4... and will be playing it when it comes out in a few years as long as it is not set on Mars 😉

• Like 1

This new map reminds me of Bystrica in A2 Czech Army DLC that hasn't impressed me at all. Really poor.

It's suitable for sure for PvP and also for small coop missions, but not at all for Invade & Annexe or Domination or Evolution PvE missions.

The size, the number of the villages, the distance between them, number of roads leading to villages, number of houses, distance between then and their placement and size are not suited at all for CQC/CQB.

No match for Altis.

At least we have AKSU and RPK and new uniforms and skins for existing uniforms and vehicles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

This new map reminds me of Bystrica in A2 Czech Army DLC that hasn't impressed me at all.

At least we have AKSU and RPK and new uniforms and skins for existing uniforms and vehicles.

Yep, a player who has the soviet emblem didnt recognize the soviet mil bases, lol.

We have there a air base and radar stations and all realistic, that was a map some years ago wich only become Day Z players, idk why here nobody see this details xD

• Like 3

8 hours ago, target_practice said:

Does it really matter as long as the content is good? This has the potential to be really interesting, no need to be so insular.

No. I love the new map and new content - real content. 5 points for map and 0 points for aliens. For me! ;)

• Like 2

Okay, wow! I didn't see this coming... This is a huge expansion. I'm actually excited for this now.

For those that know me, hear me often say that "anything that adds to the game, adds to the game". Even though I don't necessary agree with spending resources on expanding, I do understand and do support BIS and the series 100%. From a marketing perspective, this makes a lot of sense. This will draw in a lot of new users, content, and breathe new life into the King of the Mil-Sim sandbox... ArmA.

And for that I will gladly "bend the knee".

• Like 4

The reaction to the aliens has been less violent than I initially expected, nice!

After playing XCOM again, I'm completely down for them. The Campaign/Missions are a bonus, and most community groups do not seem to use vanilla assets anyway. Fighting Aliens (if they even are actual enemies and not just atmospheric props and post processing filters.) with modern warfighting technology is interesting, at least after almost 20 years of shooting people wearing green suits in forest/desert/mountains.

Hopefully it is not going to be magic invulnerable Aliens, but more like the Aliens in The Underhandler, who completely underestimate the degree of violence humans are capable of, as well as how well they are armed and successively get curbstombed back into orbit.

A nice change of pace, and a good complement to the GW DLC. One for the milsimmers, and one for the milsimmers who like space.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I didn't give a statistic, I said I'm one of many.

Did you not read the thread? The clear majority of people said they don't care for the alien concept. In fact, very few (in this thread) have embraced it. 

People prefer military content in their military games....who'd have thunk it. 

Day-Z proved pretty popular.

Sweeping generalisations are dangerous, unless you have hard stats to back-up.

So maybe a poll?

I'm personally hyped for this, won't be able to actually play it for another whole year, but I'm definitely buying, even if I'm not a complete fan of future settings over modern, but Bohemia has pulled it off well so far. I think it's worth pointing out, for the near sighted, that a lot of the features appear to apply to regular scenarios too, such as all the CBRN equipment and decontamination stuff, it's probably a good chance that we'll have some new modules to play with in regards to that. Also, kek at all the boomers getting mad at new content.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain to me why they need to involve "alien" when it appear to have nothing to do with the actual playable content? Unless they did something revolutionized the SP design that requires the "alien invasion" setting(I really doubt).

The offering does appear a little thin compared to similarly priced APEX. Speaking of which the actual playable content seem actually less far fetched in comparison, I mean the rather ridiculous VTOL design, underslung .50 Beowulf, full body ninja suit without powered component matched with actually more "alien" helmet. Their "Contact" content is more rooted in reality in this respect, it would appear.

I duuno, maybe they're just really afraid of player usable chemical weapons so it will have to be the evil unplayable alien then, maybe the tear gas kind.

• Like 1

This map really hits the feels, dreaded, dead, deserted and depressing. Amazing, because that fits what this terrain was intended for!

Feeling nauseated from the radiation already. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if this DLC is BIS testing the waters to see how Arma could work with more speculative scenarios.

I personally hope it works out well, since 'hard sci-fi mil-sim' is a niche genre I'd be really into personally.

I'm amazed. Bloody aliens! I love it.

Plus: The aliens aside there seems to be so much content usable for all kinds of scenarios (the ugvs for EOD-scenarios, the cbr stuff and whatnot, even the tractor!)

But I'll be fighting some aliens for some time when this comes out.

• Like 2

Compared to GM I find the price ridiculous for the amount of content. Im excited for the map but thats about it. Definitely waiting for a sale on this one. And this is the first time Im not buying A3 DLC right away.

• Like 1

First, two screenshots (PR admittedly) to get those who aren't already excited about the new expansion onto the enthusiasm train;

QsC6DH.jpg

E07Svs.jpg

Second, an early request, could we please be able to retexture the new helmets and uniforms asap? Digging the look of both!

Would I be assuming too much to think they're using hidden textures for the new helmets and if so, wouldn't this be a first for BI?

RhNr5K.jpg