EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

Two words ‘Spartan Chops’ lol

Seriously though, I’ll pre-order this when I get home. Sounds like there’s some nice gear to be had and a new terrain!

This new terrain is 163 km2, what would a comparable terrain be?

This isn’t my first choice for an expansion but could be fun!

Looks like another high quality DLC (which I will instantly buy) - and we finally get to meet the aliens who stole all the furniture and abducted all the women. I wonder if they stole the AI pathfinding ability, the fresh water, the dynamic shadowing, the proper hit reactions and multicore optimisation too? In all seriousness, these high quality DLCs and CDLCs just highlight how badly the game they run on needs work.    

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So the Pentagon finally admits they have a department investigating UFOs and then this alien DLC is announced. Coincidence? I think not.

• Haha 1

they add Russian and Polish "radio languages" ?

Just now, zukov said:

they add Russian and Polish "radio languages" ?

Yes, according to both the steam page and the BIS page for Contact.

• Like 2

Aliens...count me in!

As long as it remains true to the ArmA philosophy..combined arms gameplay,then there is no problem for me.I will wait further details and see how it goes. 😉

• Like 1

Right now only the terrain can be tested. Very "chernarussian", but maybe a flatter version. Rivers are sea level. Overall the quality is the same as the rest of BI's terrains.

33 minutes ago, zukov said:

in the description they wrote, there are a various kilometers of ancient tunnels . 

No they did not. They write "an underground alien network that spans at least several kilometers" - this does not imply that there are any tunnels you can walk through, just that alien things are connected via some sort of underground network (I assume like mushrooms).

PS: A3 doesn't support underground structures.

• Like 3

Oh please don't tell me it's optional DLC again. Haven't we learned from GM? In my opinion we should handle it like Apex; terrain locked but content for all, with watermarks. But just locking out a lot of users because they can't pay considering the high price is not a great way to do it

I'm satisfied with the content, I dislike the Aliens part but no biggie, love the assets and map, but if if the optional DLC part is true, then I'm not sure if this DLC is really worth it for me.

I think maybe the buildings are a bit out of scale?

10483A7213918EE95C98996B92AA29793F0BB75C

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hey I am away from home and cannot download now, can anyone share some more pictures of the map and assets?

I'm likely to buy this DLC, but it might have some more relevant content.

These five "new" weapons, only the shotgun is really new.

The other weapons that are said "new" are the same weapons they have in the game only with elongated barrel, single shot and with different actions and painting.

Some new rifle would be cool, like CZ BREN 805/806 (choose mine;)) or a precision rifle with L96, SV98, SVD or Sako TRG-42.

As for the vehicle, it could have some SCUD or some nuclear weapons and some radioactive effect, since there is always a crazy person who tries to solve the problems in a crazy way, to the point of bombarding the place where the aliens are.

It could have come with some new transport planes like a C-130 or C-17 or some other civil aircraft, or a little more civilian transport like motorcycle or some van.

In short, if this DLC is not an expansion of "Crysis", it might be interesting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stburr91 said:

He said aliens would be more appropriate in another franchise, which is completely correct.

No, it's not completely correct. It is one opinion among many.

19 hours ago, stburr91 said:

I am one of the many people that don't think aliens are right for the Arma series.

And how do you come up with that "statistic"?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, snakeplissken said:

It could have come with some new transport planes like a C-130 or C-17 or some other civil aircraft, or a little more civilian transport like motorcycle or some van.

I really want a A3 quality C-130 as part of the DLC.

• Like 2

>> If you pre-order Arma 3 Contact before the official release date, you can start testing the new terrain as of right now <<

Bought the DLC, launched the game but see no Livonian map. What did i do wrong?

Just now, dead kennedy said:

>> If you pre-order Arma 3 Contact before the official release date, you can start testing the new terrain as of right now <<

Bought the DLC, launched the game but see no Livonian map. What did i do wrong?

Did you switch to the dev branch through steam's beta tab?

• Like 1

Just now, ravenholme said:

Did you switch to the dev branch through steam's beta tab?

Nope, thanks.

51 minutes ago, Toedeli said:

I dislike the Aliens part but no biggie, love the assets and map, but if if the optional DLC part is true

Then you are in luck because it's the alien assets and campaign are the optionally-loaded parts.

The terrain, structures, CBRN objects, Russian and Livonian factions and all other content that fits the previously established Arma 3 environment are set to be part of the base game install

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Then you are in luck because it's the alien assets and campaign are the optionally-loaded parts.

The terrain, structures, CBRN objects, Russian and Livonian factions and all other content that fits the previously established Arma 3 environment are set to be part of the base game install

Yep, although as with Apex, you need to own the DLC to play with the new terrain. From the FAQ on arma3.com/contact/

-The singleplayer campaign, and all of Contact's more sci-fi and alien assets, are optional, and you can launch Arma 3 with or without them present in-game.

-The data of Contact expansion's premise-agnostic assets (such as factions, weapons, vehicles, and props - essentially everything that fits in Arma 3's regular theme and setting) is included in the Arma 3 base game installation. Owners and non-owners of Arma 3 Contact will still be able to play together (except for on the new Livonia terrain), while some restrictions to the use of these assets by non-owners might apply as per the Content Licensing system for default Arma 3 DLC. This also means that a lot of these premium assets can therefore be freely tested in Virtual Arsenal and Garage by non-owners.

Just spent ten minutes on the Livonian Map. Wow!

Absolutely stunning. Haven't found a building you cant go in and the feel is a high def, much improved version of the buildings found on Chernarus. Don't get me wrong, these aren't necessarily re-used designs, there are a lot of new buildings that perfectly capture the eastern European era.

The terrain itself is rolling countryside with forests and farm fields. Even found some villages full of buildings in ruins.

This is a high quality piece of work! Congrats BI!!!! Nice work!!!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Just spent ten minutes on the Livonian Map. Wow!

Absolutely stunning. Haven't found a building you cant go in ...

Literally almost all of A2\DayZ ports and new stuff isn't enterable or best case has a room or a staircase + external ladders.

The best structure is the abandoned airfield hangar. Very Stalker\Metro (the whole map feels like it tbh).

PS: Still wouldn't buy the DLC but I had the Supporters Edition so...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

No, it's not completely correct. It is one opinion among many.

And how do you come up with that "statistic"?

I didn't give a statistic, I said I'm one of many.

Did you not read the thread? The clear majority of people said they don't care for the alien concept. In fact, very few (in this thread) have embraced it. 

People prefer military content in their military games....who'd have thunk it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bars91 said:

Literally almost all of A2\DayZ ports and new stuff isn't enterable or best case has a room or a staircase + external ladders.

The best structure is the abandoned airfield hangar. Very Stalker\Metro (the whole map feels like it tbh).

PS: Still wouldn't buy the DLC but I had the Supporters Edition so...

I've never played DayZ so I really couldn't tell you what was pulled from that game for this new map. It is true many of the classic houses from Arma 2, while upgraded and looking freakin gorgeous, do limit the number of rooms you can go in.

The police station is fully accessible and (hallelujah) we have a cell to either put bad guys in or break HVTs out of!!!

The terrain has to among the best from BI in Arma 3, they take a leaf out of @bludski map-making book adding extra textures to the roads to give them the feel of having been dug up and repaved. They way the terrain rolls and has the thick forests dotted about is really nice. For what is essentially a beta version of the map, its looking good!

There is no furniture in any of the buildings, so I expect we’ll be arguing about that adnauseum (sp) in the forums for like, forever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1