EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

Nope, the face is wrong.

/edit: Or maybe not. No idea, can't see shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt, because that's the kind of stuff that would be covered in Laws of War - and BI likely doesn't want to repeat themselves.

9 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

Chemical weapons simulation?

We will probably never seen VBS "in-depth" features in A3

What if it's neither a dlc nor an expansion...What if this is a sneaky way of anouncing ArmA 4....

Ok don't shoot...it was a joke...😂....But what if it's not?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, major_barnes1987 said:

What if it's neither a dlc nor an expansion...What if this is a sneaky way of anouncing ArmA 4....

Ok don't shoot...it was a joke...😂....But what if it's not?

Why would they announce a DLC/expansion and then its A4? Doesn't make any sense...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kerozen said:

60690489_2250618488318202_23628261356260

Is it me or does the dude look like a Spartan from Halo?

it looks like winter outfit (winter map, mountains, oh i wish it is it), or visor gas mask!

the "revelation" will be tomorrow morning or in the evening? Or today at midnight?

30 minutes ago, zukov said:

the "revelation" will be tomorrow morning or in the evening? Or today at midnight?

You'll know the day after tomorrow.

Spoiler

:yay:

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd put my finger on aliens, but it probably won't be something all too big like Apex. Maybe the Old Man DLC will come after this, as it seems story-oriented? 

Either way, im super excited as BIS said they were 'done with updates' but I knew they couldn't resist :slayer8:

1 hour ago, zukov said:

I'd say in the afternoon / early evening

As for me, I'm mostly curious about the content of the DLC:

MP or SP oriented?

L6zfYfh.jpg

This is MY  opinion, if someone else likes aliens, then ok..

I think aliens should be more appropriate for another franchise or style of play.

Since discovering ArmA when I first started playing ArmA 1, this franchise is geared towards military confrontation involving real weapons, vehicles and equipment, from which even the futurist ArmA 3 has used equipment that exists or as a prototype as the "Black Eagle" (T-100 Varsuk).

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, snakeplissken said:

This is MY  opinion, if someone else likes aliens, then ok..

I think aliens should be more appropriate for another franchise or style of play.

Since discovering ArmA when I first started playing ArmA 1, this franchise is geared towards military confrontation involving real weapons, vehicles and equipment, from which even the futurist ArmA 3 has used equipment that exists or as a prototype as the "Black Eagle" (T-100 Varsuk).

So having lasers or aliens as an optional weapon/item/unit makes ArmA 3 unplayable? Ok, sure! 

I'm very happy as long as this update continues the storyline on the nukes. 

1 hour ago, M. Glade said:

So having lasers or aliens as an optional weapon/item/unit makes ArmA 3 unplayable? Ok, sure! 

I'm very happy as long as this update continues the storyline on the nukes. 

He didn't say that.

He said aliens would be more appropriate in another franchise, which is completely correct. 

I am one of the many people that don't think aliens are right for the Arma series.

If Arma 4 is as far away as the developers are suggesting, Arma needs an expansion, are real expansion that is consistent with the core of the series. 

I could be wrong, but if this expansion is aliens, or something similar, I expect it could very well end up having as poor of ratings as the GM DLC.  

• Like 1

If its aliens, I'll be disappointed...

If its not Naval related, I'll be disappointed...

If its not ArmA 4 related, I'll be disappointed...

The ArmA series is unique in the business of gaming. Its the ONLY one of its kind. If BIS squanders time, money, and resources for anything other than what is missing, or doesn't expand and improve upon the core focus of what has become an epic gift to the mil-sim community, game-dev hobbyist, or passionate simmer......

Well... I'll have some serious doubts about the vision, commitment, and management decisions over at the Bohemia studios.

• Like 3

Let's hope it won't bring aliens or lasers into the game. I'm not against these assets, but this would break Arma series.

Chemical or nuclear warfare is better option.

• Like 5

If you do not like the content of a DLC...simply don't buy it. We  all love our Arma 3  WWII, Halo and Zombie mods but if the devs try something different it is all evil.....It sometimes seems that Arma community would be happy with only playing cold war crisis and middle east scenarios for the next 25 years....

• Like 3

I gotta say this: I wouldn't like it being an Alien-esque Scenario in Vanilla or such. CBRN sounds cooler and more fitting too atleast in my personal opinion.

Also, interesting... All hints to a 13:37 release time.

If the UFO's don't have interiors I'm gonna be super pissed! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

1. If you do not like the content of a DLC...simply don't buy it. We  all love our Arma 3  WWII, Halo and Zombie mods but if the devs try something different it is all evil..
2. It sometimes seems that Arma community would be happy with only playing cold war crisis and middle east scenarios for the next 25 years....

1. Personally I won't if thats the case, I dont own Karts for that very reason.
2. Make it 50, will have no complaints for me 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

would be happy with only playing cold war crisis (redacted) for the next 25 years....

Unironically - yes :fones:

PS: i'll make it 50+ if it's '86-'88 Soviet Army VS US Marines

• Like 1

While I have bought all the previous DLCs I will be hesitant to buy this one if its something sci-fi related. All the previous DLCs expanded the already poorly chosen setting of A3 and made it at least a little more interesting and complete. Each of the DLCs also came with a significant engine update so I was glad to pay for the continuous improvements to the game if not for the 2-3 planes or helicopters added that I have never ever used since then. All of the recent DLCs also came with a very decent SP content and that was the major draw for me.

However the main reason for me being hesitant at this point is the CDLC. GM is exactly what I wanted from the official A3 for so long and after finally getting my hands on that it will be hard to get excited about anything BI produces if it involves their silly futuristic lore or even worse - sci-fi.

So lets see how my opinion will be later tonight.

• Like 3

Ah... this reminds me of the period when Take on Helicopters was being teased and people started speculating about it being a North Korea expansion 🙂 

Anyway... 👨‍✈️