EO

Arma 3 DLC - CONTACT

It gives a bit of the Alien (Movie) vibe with the elongated (scanning?) light effect, so I'm also betting on aliens or alien technology. Hopefully no chest bursters.. 😮

Little update:

Spooky
Spoiler

YSZZAU0.jpg

... Macrotech, Drone manufacturer <--- This has @Kydoimos all over it!

Now I'm thinking Cyber warfare.

• Like 2

God i hope it won't be  alien or zombie nonsense!

I hope it's going to be Alaska/Alps kind of map with non-futuristic weapons and good SP campaign!

Btw did they said when we can expect APEX campaign 'OLD MAN'?

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, toiletuser said:

God i hope it won't be  alien or zombie nonsense!

I hope it's going to be Alaska/Alps kind of map with non-futuristic weapons and good SP campaign!

Btw did they said when we can expect APEX campaign 'OLD MAN'?

If the conflict will be taken to the US and if Russia will in fact join CSAT and will become a faction and if the expansion will contain a new map Alaska makes sense I guess.

Or any other place in the US...

4 hours ago, jeza said:

Little update:

Interesting, thanks for posting. It begs the question who 'Amy' might be and what a ED-1D is (UGV?). I imagine Amy will be like the journalist Kate in Laws of War and a audio/video character only.

While I'm unsure of the Alien idea (probably enjoyable but not my cup of tea for Arma per se), the phone message theme does have a missile alert feel to it, so perhaps it could just be a new region of the world to explore (Russia/ Korea?), alongside the same scale or smaller as Apex? Please tell me it's the Dragon Rising Islands, that would be totally hilarious trolling for BIS to do 😂

From 'Acts' in the filenames it's not a stretch to search google for Acts of War on wikipedia, to this Star Wars wiki page - 'telling the story of a Jedi task force sent to the Yinchorri system to settle a conflict.'  With Russia supposedly making a decision about whether to enter CSAT, perhaps that's when Aliens decide to intervene? 😮

32 minutes ago, Callsign said:

Interesting, thanks for posting. It begs the question who 'Amy' might be and what a ED-1D is (UGV?). I imagine Amy will be like the journalist Kate in Laws of War and a audio/video character only.

While I'm unsure of the Alien idea (probably enjoyable but not my cup of tea for Arma per se), the phone message theme does have a missile alert feel to it, so perhaps it could just be a new region of the world to explore (Russia/ Korea?), alongside the same scale or smaller as Apex? Please tell me it's the Dragon Rising Islands, that would be totally hilarious trolling for BIS to do 😂

From 'Acts' in the filenames it's not a stretch to search google for Acts of War on wikipedia, to this Star Wars wiki page - 'telling the story of a Jedi task force sent to the Yinchorri system to settle a conflict.'  With Russia supposedly making a decision about whether to enter CSAT, perhaps that's when Aliens decide to intervene? 😮

Acts is a simple prefix used for cutscene animations.

• Sad 1

maybe a complex and fun multiplayer PVP with a sci fi RPG variant like take on mars, or a secret base on tropic island with a fantastic experiment big mainframe huge 3D printer etc etc

If this is an aliens DLC, it can only mean one thing....

Spoiler

The decision makers in BI haven't seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

• Haha 1

So the Eastwind Device probably hasn't been in the safest hands... 

Honestly though I think all this is pretty damn interesting. Maybe the Device or something like that is somewhere in Russia and they send a Spec Ops CTRG Team to retrieve it? But that's already been done so hmm...

Didn't CSAT really lose popularity after the entire Apex Protocol leak? Like, everyone was like "wow, CSAT sucks!" (((#csatdidnothingwrong 😞 ))) so wouldn't the organization crumble?

Well, maybe it plays a couple off years in the past perhaps? If the date on the phone is correct, here are the years where Tuesday is on the 21st of May: 2024 and 2030 (other years are also possible but I'll just go with these two for now). So perhaps it gives more background to either CTRG, CSAT (perspective of the bad guys?) or to any other group. But again, the codename is 'contact' as far as we know so far, so whatever it is, I really kind of hope we get some final closure on what the entire story truly was.

I hope it won't be Supernatural DLC tho. Perhaps some new Modules and Paramaters but I beg for no drastic gameplay changes, but after blessing us with Laws Of War, I'm certain the Amsterdam Team will surprise us positively!

23 minutes ago, Toedeli said:

So the Eastwind Device probably hasn't been in the safest hands... 

Honestly though I think all this is pretty damn interesting. Maybe the Device or something like that is somewhere in Russia and they send a Spec Ops CTRG Team to retrieve it? But that's already been done so hmm...

Didn't CSAT really lose popularity after the entire Apex Protocol leak? Like, everyone was like "wow, CSAT sucks!" (((#csatdidnothingwrong 😞 ))) so wouldn't the organization crumble?

Well, maybe it plays a couple off years in the past perhaps? If the date on the phone is correct, here are the years where Tuesday is on the 21st of May: 2024 and 2030 (other years are also possible but I'll just go with these two for now). So perhaps it gives more background to either CTRG, CSAT (perspective of the bad guys?) or to any other group. But again, the codename is 'contact' as far as we know so far, so whatever it is, I really kind of hope we get some final closure on what the entire story truly was.

I hope it won't be Supernatural DLC tho. Perhaps some new Modules and Paramaters but I beg for no drastic gameplay changes, but after blessing us with Laws Of War, I'm certain the Amsterdam Team will surprise us positively!

There will also be tuesday on the 21st of my in 2041. Anyways i think that the date and day are just there to date the teaser.

• Like 1

Nuclear warfare? End of the world situation.

60690489_2250618488318202_23628261356260

Is it me or does the dude look like a Spartan from Halo?

44 minutes ago, kerozen said:

60690489_2250618488318202_23628261356260

Is it me or does the dude look like a Spartan from Halo?

Hmm, not convinced. I'm seeing more a guy in a smock with the hood up - maybe with a white/pale mask, carrying an MX variant rifle. Not sure what the logo (?) is in the bottom right.

• Like 1

It does look like the MX rifle, the SW with a bipod. I thought that when I first saw it.

Cleaned it up a bit by shifting about the channels.

vodxjDYy_t.jpg

Edit: Weirdly close to my avatar pic...

Edited by Electricleash
  • Haha 1

Yeah, my first thought upon seeing him was that it was someone wearing a CBRN-like smock with some kind of weird mask. Good catch on the weapon being an MXSW, it definitely is that.

Looks like one of them big visor gas masks you see in sci-fi movies. 

My first thought was MGSV chapter 3. The soldiers had this stuff in the leaked cutscene.

1 minute ago, lexx said:

Looks like one of them big visor gas masks you see in science movies. 

Either that or the smock is black for SWAT/ CQB/ CRBN?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexx said:

Looks like one of them big visor gas masks you see in science movies. 

You're right, so it almost definitely is a CBRN suit. Makes me wonder if the working title of "Contact" is a dark reference to how nerve agents can affect humans.