I'm proud to announce that the mod is now live on the steam workshop 

Over the past few weeks, I have been dipping my feet into the pool that is modding ARMA III. I feel that I have enough completed to announce my project.

What I have been working on is a Canadian faction designed to fIt in with the look of A3's NATO faction. As such I have reskinned the Uniforms and some of the Vehicles that are used by NATO, namely the Hunter, Hummingbird and Huron. I have also included a reskinned MBT-52 Kuma as the Canadian Main Battle Tank which I have dubbed the Leopard 2A8 Nexus. So far I have 14 soldiers implemented (I'm working on adding more), along with the vehicles. My Canadian faction uses a fictional successor to the current CADPAT Camouflage, simply called CADPAT 2. There are 4 different variants of CADPAT 2: Arctic, Arid/Brushland (the best for Altis), Desert, and Temperate Woodland. As such, for each unit there are 4 corresponding versions. As for the MX series, I have reskinned them as well - the Canadian MX rifles are manufactured by Colt Canada. The MX is designated the C21, the MXC is the C22, MXM is C23, and MXSW is C24. 

This is my very first mod, I hope it is welcomed by the community.

Screenshots:

RIFLEMEN

Spoiler

ZLqEpnk.jpg

CLOSEUP OF TEMPERATE WOODLAND RIFLEMAN

Spoiler

Spoiler

NBBAqCP.jpg

HUNTERS

Spoiler

Spoiler

8xxxpRP.jpg

LEOPARDS (CAMO)

Spoiler

Uv0tOkM.jpg

HUMMINGBIRDS

Spoiler

uH6GoIn.jpg

HURONS

Spoiler

ireywhk.jpg

TODO

Add M2A1 Slammers and AMV-7 Marshalls

Add Special Forces

Add Jets

• Like 5

DEV UPDATE 001

I figure I should do weekly updates for the time being, my summer schedule may pick up with volunteering so this commitment may be bogged down later.

ADDITIONS

I have added the Slammer family (including the Scorcher, and Sandstorm) as well as the AMV-7 Marshall which is called the LAV-IV Badger. Since the Marshall has no canon origin nation I am imagining it to be the US version of the LAV-IV in the same fashion as the Stryker being derived from the LAV-III Kodiak. I have also added the CF-39 Gryphon as the main fighter jet of the RCAF.

CHANGES

I have renamed the Leopard 2A8 to the C2A8 Grizzly since it is a domestic derivative according to the lore of this faction

Here's a little preview of what I have so far, I will put together an in-universe PDF document covering all the equipment of the faction and here's my working cover.

RYmkweO.png

• Like 1

DEV UPDATE 002

ADDITIONS

Thanks to AveryTheKitty I've been able to make versions of the C130, Stealth Helmet, and Mk200 LMG for the mod. I attempted to make a black P07 in photoshop and will use that as the standard sidearm.

The Stealth Helmet is being used alongside the CTRG uniform for the Arctic infantry,  the reasoning is that they need more protection from the elements.

Spoiler

2dQnUR3.jpg

Here are the new weapons

Spoiler

xki8g2H.jpg

Spoiler

o61Y3Ik.jpg

Airplanes (including an update CF-39)

Spoiler

rtUrL6t.jpg

Spoiler

UiXl5D5.jpg

I'm currently implementing Recon units and then I will create a Special Operations faction to complement the basic biomes.

Edited by harper1998
add spoilers

One request...please put all the stuff under one faction ( like the vanilla Nato factions) instead of creating a faction for every branch 🙂 

On 6/1/2019 at 5:27 AM, Private Evans said:

One request...please put all the stuff under one faction ( like the vanilla Nato factions) instead of creating a faction for every branch 🙂 

I'll do that for release. As of now, I am working on the Canadian special forces.

Cool addition! 

On a side note, could you see if you can fix the formatting of the first post, the spoiler tags open up with screen height blank space.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Unfortunately, I have had a major setback. I butchered a git init and lost most of my data. I'll need to rebuild a lot of things.

Any thoughts about going with some 3rd party stuff so its not so vanilla arma 3 retex?

Helmets....vests....weapons....that kinda thing. I mean 2035 you can make it whatever you want but there's been over a billion vanilla arma 3 retexes since the game came out. A 3rd party retex even would add some more style.

Just an idea.

21 hours ago, C.T said:

Any thoughts about going with some 3rd party stuff so its not so vanilla arma 3 retex?

Helmets....vests....weapons....that kinda thing. I mean 2035 you can make it whatever you want but there's been over a billion vanilla arma 3 retexes since the game came out. A 3rd party retex even would add some more style.

Just an idea.

Unfortunately that is a bit out of my scope, I am not a modeller nor do I have expendable money to buy 3rd party models

Also. I'm considering removing the Camouflage from the Guns in favour of solid colouring, any thoughts?

No, I meant why not use pre exisiting addons/mods and retexture those to get something  non BIS looking. That's all.

I didn't mean buy anything or invent the wheel. Just use stuff that's right in front of ya

Completely your call I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding

DEV UPDATE 003

ADDITIONS

It's been a while since the last update. I've made some changes, mainly switching to solid coloured equipment and vehicles as well as making the aircraft designations consistent with Canadian nomenclature. For multiplayer, this mod will come with a TFAR compatibility patch

Guns

Spoiler

rlC66SH.jpg

Spoiler

GdBp8KZ.jpg

Vehicles

Spoiler

sxmCsZt.jpg

I am still working on this, I hope to have a release in August

Nice to see more Canadian mods.

FYI; by 2035 the Canadian Armed Forces would have implemented their CadPat Multicam to replace the current Woodland and Arid CadPat uniforms. I imagine that the Arid and Woodland versions will still be around for SpecOps but the standard soldier would be outfitted in the CadPat Multicam it sort of looks like your Bushland variant. Rollout begins August 2019 _probably take until 2035 to reach all units :). https://i.redd.it/c74waynkkno21.jpg

Also, if you care, the Global Mobilization DLC has a really good Leopard 2 with changeable insignia. It would be cool if you made insignia that would be compatible with that DLC so existing Leopard 2's could be used.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good Multicam template. I'll keep it in mind though.

10 hours ago, harper1998 said:

Unfortunately, I don't have a good Multicam template. I'll keep it in mind though.

Its really the same CadPat with some brown mixed in (probably the same brown you use in your Arid CadPat would do the job).

Cool mod, keep up the good work.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:03 PM, harper1998 said:

Screenshots:

RIFLEMEN

Reveal hidden contents

ZLqEpnk.jpg

Does anyone have a UN Peacekeeper variant of the Temperate Woodland rifleman? I posted a topic/thread asking if anyone could help but I figured i'd ask here, too.
Here's an image I'm talking about, there isn't a front view of these guys and that's what I'm trying to obtain (visual reference for a writing project featuring Arma 3 and it's 2035 lore): ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett