Hey All, I am having an issue with saving and exporting ANY mission file (to include vanilla) to ANY SERVER and getting it to run.

When I use the save, and the export to multiplayer feature in my legal steam copy of Arma3, it is corrupting the mission file. The situation and errors are listed below. I would appreciate if something could tell me how to fix this.

thanks.

Here is the step by step process I am following.

Open editor,

Select any default Map, (Altis, Stratis, Malden, Tanoa)

Place 2 playable characters down.

Save the mission with Binarize box checked.

Select export to Multiplayer.

Go to Filezilla, and upload PBO to server and place in MPMissions folder there.

Open server Game Panel, start server and open server log

Go back to arma and find my server in the server list.

Double click the server name and get a paused screen of the loading map.

Go back to look at the file log and the below message is present over and over just scrolling down the log.

5:53:55 Unknown entry type 61 in mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

5:53:55 Cannot find base for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Attributes/

5:53:55 Cannot find base alue for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/

5:53:55 Cannot find base alue for mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

If I repeat the process listed above without the Binarize option checked, I get the following error messages.

6:04:36 Steam AppId from steam_appid.txt: 107410

6:04:37 Connected to Steam servers

6:04:52 Error context ;

6:04:52 ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\mission.sqm, line 82: '/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0.064': '}' encountered instead of '='

6:04:52 Application terminated intentionally

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\mission.sqm, line 82: '/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0.064': '}' encountered instead of '='

6:04:58 BEServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1976477794): users.get failed

Now let me tell you what testing I have done.

I have tried all default maps and get the same results as above.

I have verified, re-installed Arma, and formatted my laptop and get the same results.

I have switched hosting services twice and still the same results.

The only thing I can think of is that whatever Arma Files I am re downloading from Steam is causing the issue. That is the only constant that I cannot change.

The game tells me it is up to date, and the hosting service tells me they are up to date. I am currently running Arma3 ver 1.92.145639.

When I re-imaged my laptop I made sure not to have an anti-virus or firewalls back on before trying these tests again.

Also, when uploading the mission to the Host server, I made sure to try multiple FTP upload methods.

Please help me to find out what is the answer as I need this functionality in Arma to work.

It should also be noted that when I make these missions and host them locally, they run fine and people can join.

Thank you for your time.

Are you using Filezilla in 'active' mode? Change it to passive mode. Also, try different FTP.

Its a long time ago, so I don't remember specifics, but I had to stop using Filezilla for a similar reason.

OK I will try that but I did connect windows file manager through ftp and got the same results, also, I can remote into a buddies machine and using filezilla I am able to upload fine. I believe the problem to be the way my Arma is compiling the mission file when I save and export.

Hey I have a new symptom. When I make a vanilla mission and just add 1 player, I can export it, upload it, run it, and join it. The problem seems to occur when I add 2 or more playable characters into the mission and then save, export, ect.

I've just remembered why I stopped using FileZilla, may or may not be relevant.

I was running a coop competitive tournament with BI and a gaming magazine and they gave us a server to use. I remember it was a Linux server and we wanted Windows but the hosting provider, one of the sponsors, only had Linux available. Anyway, we determined that Filezilla was corrupting the file during the upload because we changed FTP client and all the problems went away.

Hey guys,

I am having an issue. When I make a vanilla mission on altis, with 1 PLAYER character, save, export to multiplayer, move to my server and try to join, it all goes ok. When I make that PLAYER character PLAYABLE, or add a second charter that is PLAYABLE, and again save, upload, and try to join, I am getting the following error message.  It just keeps running in the server log that way. Just to be clear, we are talking about a current legal version of arma from steam, and NO MODS ON LOCAL OR SERVER. Also, when I host this mission locally, I can get into it. If I make the same exact mission on my friends machine and upload it, It works fine with the 2 playable characters. Can anyone please help.

12:29:21 Connected to Steam servers

12:29:27 Cannot find base alue for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Unknown entry type 61 in mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base alue for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Unknown entry type 61 in mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base alue for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Unknown entry type 61 in mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base alue for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Unknown entry type 61 in mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:27 Cannot find base for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base alue for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Unknown entry type 61 in mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base alue for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Unknown entry type 61 in mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base alue for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Unknown entry type 61 in mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base for mpmissions\__cur_mp.altis\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item1/

12:29:28 Cannot find base alue for mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

12:29:28 Unknown entry type 61 in mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0/Entities/Item0/CustomAttributes/Attribute1/

If I want to upload something to my linux server then I put it in my local Dropbox-Folder on my machine, copy it's link and use wget command on linux server with that link.

works perfect and I don't need an ftp client.

• Like 1