NlaEid

Outdated ACE mod is causing a cyclic redundancy check error when I launch the game.

I have a lot of mods in my game, as I haven't played in a while I decided to refresh myself.

I activated my mods, and the game restarted- then it popped an error about a cyclic redundancy check.

Checking the crash logs I saw that ACE (not ACEX) is the one causing this problem.

I cant remove the mod from in-game now since I cant launch ARMA beyond the check mark screen. 

How do I fix this? Can you guys help?

You can delete the mod from your game folder.

• Like 1

Make a folder somwhere called 'problems to sort' or whatever and move it into there. Unless of course your sure you don't want to try and correct the problem and delete it.

As long as it isn't in your game folder, the game load won't find it, so you'll be able to load the game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers!

Even though it's a bit too late as I am currently re-installing it is still appreciated.

I'll update if anything comes up after re-installation.

Alright, one down, another one to go:

I moved the ACE folder out from the modfiles and now this is the error that shows up:

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_marcos.hpp not found.

Thanks for the help!

13 hours ago, NlaEid said:

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_marcos.hpp not found.

Probably running some other mod that depends on ace.

Alright, back to vanilla it is for me then- thanks for the help!

Best of luck. It might be easier now or I was just noob, but I really struggled to remove ACE from my mission. In the end, I generated a brand new sqm.

You could just open your mission sqm and remove references to ace. However as I have found out, mission sqm's can get corrupted pretty easily if your not careful.

As you say it's easy to break sqm. I see this is actually an a2 question, it is even harder to do in a3, the sqm is much more complicated

Hi all.

Does anyone know where is the 'x\ace\addons\main\script_marcos.hpp' located? I have the missing file downloaded but I don't know where to put it.

Also, I've managed to fix the cyclic redundancy check problem without removing ace. I just looked for the missing files and placed them in 'ArmaDirerctory/addons'.

• Confused 1

So the question is, what "fix" do you want here? 
A. I want to keep using my mods but don't want to use ACE!
B. I want to keep using my mods and don't care if I have to use ACE!
C. I want to play Vanilla!

As Dedmen said, the error is not due to ACE being present but because ACE is missing and another mod requires it. So the first step here is: Tell us which mods you use or even better, give us a .rpt file. 

1 hour ago, Moon_chilD said:

So the question is, what "fix" do you want here? 
A. I want to keep using my mods but don't want to use ACE!
B. I want to keep using my mods and don't care if I have to use ACE!
C. I want to play Vanilla!

As Dedmen said, the error is not due to ACE being present but because ACE is missing and another mod requires it. So the first step here is: Tell us which mods you use or even better, give us a .rpt file. 

Thanks for the reply.

I'd like option B please. And here's the RPT, thanks.

6 hours ago, NlaEid said:

Bump.

May I inform you about our rules/guidelines? https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

You just lost help from one person who can most likely solve your issue because he is annoyed by people who violate the rules. Have a good day sir.

Just now, Dedmen said:

May I inform you about our rules/guidelines? https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

You just lost help from one person who can most likely solve your issue because he is annoyed by people who violate the rules. Have a good day sir.

Apologies, for that offense. But I understand.