Sign in to follow this  
Ex3B

No footstep sounds on walkable structures, how do I add them?

As it was pointed out here:

My attempt to update the LHD as a standalone has resulted in a ship that mostly lacks the sound of footsteps when walking over it. I imagine this could have some gameplay impacts if someone wants to make a CQB scenario using the ship.

So how can I fix this?

Try to add the following texture to the roadway lod model:

a3\data_f\surfaces\plechprolis.paa

Good luck,

TeTeT

Ahh, I have many of them defined as .tga, do you think that's it?

Yeap, that's it. Take a look at your P:\a3\data_f\surface\ folder that contains only .paa files, which are the only valid source of surface sound samples in the roadway LOD. 

On 5/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, NightIntruder said:

Yeap, that's it. Take a look at your P:\a3\data_f\surface\ folder that contains only .paa files, which are the only valid source of surface sound samples in the roadway LOD. 

I could swear that I've replaced all the .tga extensions with .paa extensions. On my computer I hear the sounds all over, but at least one person using "my" mod (and update of @j0nes' mod) reports that they don't hear footsteps in many places:

Yet, I clearly hear them:

Is there any thing you can think of that would cause me to hear footsteps, but not someone else using the mod?

you probably put an absolute path into your config?  C:\myfolder\mytexture.paa  works for you, because the file is on your drive. Someone else wont have it.