The_BlackHusky

Unlock respawn after Task completion

Hi,

As from the title of this post, I am looking at how I set-up a new respawn position in a mission after completing a Task. 

I'm expecting to set up a trigger, and not wanting to make any external folders/files in the file location.

And if you have already got a marker, where respawning takes place, there might be a simple solution, since you want it to be trigger bassed. Just add in the activation field of the trigger:

"marker_where_you_respawn" setmarkerpos getpos spawn_helper;

Where spawn_helper is an object located at the new desired spawn location. An invisible helipad for example.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

An invisible helipad

TIP : There are a lot of examples using the "invisible helipad" but actually it's wrong , because the ai pilots will use this helipad.

• Like 2

It takes more time to place an helipad than to copy a position in 3den (right click/log). So why ever add an object?

• Like 2

TIP : There are a lot of examples using the "invisible helipad" but actually it's wrong , because the ai pilots will use this helipad. 

Thanks for the tip! If a chopper is in play then an invisible helper object will do the trick. Although I never had such an issue to be honest. Most likely because chopper landing waypoints are connected to other helipads  :thumbsup:

It takes more time to place an helipad than to copy a position in 3den (right click/log). So why ever add an object?

Just like to have everything clear when designing any sort of mission. Taking a weeks break for example and coming back, I prefer knowing where the respawn location is and not start searching for the coords. That is also the case with waypoints and such.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

i use an invisible pen in such cases but could be any object one likes except potentially mission breaking objects like helipads

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Just like to have everything clear when designing any sort of mission. Taking a weeks break for example and coming back, I prefer knowing where the respawn location is and not start searching for the coords. That is also the case with waypoints and such.

Then, markers are made for that!

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, sarogahtyp said:

i use an invisible pen

On 5/14/2019 at 1:01 AM, pierremgi said:

Then, markers are made for that! 

I do use in some cases #particlesource

Spoiler

• Like 1