Ex3B

ATLAS LHD: Plus standalone, Updated

I was able to reach @j0nes on this forum, and he provided me with the files for his old LHD, and he gave me permission to upload a derivative.

So here's a standalone LHD, if you don't want to load all of CUP for it.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1737598604

I have also uploaded a combo of the Atlas LHD with my own F-35 port:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1738092921

This updated version now shows up in the 3d editor in the same place as the carrier and destroyer (static ships) - no text editing of a mission file is needed to get it in.
This now uses the BI system for multi-part ships instead of the old spawning script: 
The result is you can click and drag it around the edior, and see the 3d model follow it
You can also place aircraft on the deck without them spawning in flight.

I have gotten rid of the old Atlas ship weapons, in favor of the Jets DLC ship weapons. I have added a "No Flag" variant of the ship, and CSAT versions of the ship weapons.

2C8644FA156B0D86028A6D372C3B78D4CCAE78B4

A9B9514BEB828590720E3D514468352F1D7EE9A6

(It is a standalone, but I offer a standalone F35F as well, or a combo of the two)

• Like 13

Thanks for your hard work on this!

When I click on the Steam link, I get, "That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author".

Hmmm, I must have posted the wrong link. I removed an old mod that had the old atlas lhd as a dependency.

I'll re upload tomorrow morning, its late here (on my phone)

• Like 2

As mentioned already, link is down so unfortunately I haven't seen it yet but I just wanted to say good work!! I love the Atlas LHD and its great to see it finally updated, I wonder if this will fix the AI units becoming active in the editor as well?

Ah, I had just forgot to set it to Public, its up now.

I have also uploaded a combo of the Atlas LHD with my own F-35 port:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1738092921

11 hours ago, khaki said:

I wonder if this will fix the AI units becoming active in the editor as well?

I don't remember AI becoming active in the editor in the old LHD mod. I remember simulation was enabled, and dragging vehicles through things made them explode, they'd bounce around when I loaded the file, etc.

That was a consequence of the old script enabling simulation in the editor, I think it was related to executing the script and spawning the sections in the editor.

That script is gone now, since I'm using the BI system for specifying multiple linked parts as they do on the USS Freedom and USS Liberty. It seems to work just like the other BI ships now.

To do it that way, I had to add memory points to the .p3d for each of the sections... I couldn't find much rhyme or reason to the placement ... well at least I couldn't find out a way to place them precisely given the coordinates of their models, so I had to go through several iterations of testing, adjusting, re-testing, but it now seems pretty good. Many places I was adjusting down to the millimeter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its not very clear from your picture... I guess its the guy at the right... are you falling through the deck? If that's what you want to show, why not center the image?

I encountered this problem from time to time on the old LHD plus... other than making sure the sections have no seams, I'm not sure how to fix it. If you could locate specific places where it happens, I can try and fix that specific part....

I noticed that the files sent by @j0nes had 6 sections making the main hull of the ship (LHD_2 to LHD_7), but for LHD_5, there was another section LHD_5a, which was invisible but had geometry and was walkable... I didn't know what to do with it or why it was there, but maybe he had it as a solution for falling through the deck around the LHD_5 section.... which seems to be close to where you might have the problem in that pic.

If its reproducible, I could try to put that invisible part there to patch it

• Like 1

ah, I think I can fix this in a jiffy

*edit*

Should be fixed now

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Noticed that the geometry around the inside of the doors in the hangar is not closed properly. I can make a screenshot if necessary.

Edit: You are also missing keys for sever owners as fas as I can tell.

Screenshots could be good... I think you're probably talking about those little triangular pieces by the elevators?

Those I didn't really know what to do with those, moving the interior one way or the other made either the front or back elevators not line up. moving the main hull sections closer together would "pinch" the elevators... I suppose since I have the models themselves, I could change it there.

As for the keys... I think that you mean I need to inclde the bikey, but not the private bikey... I've done that now, I think. Let me know if it still doesn't work, and if so, point me in the right direction 😛

• Like 1

Ughh, I was so focused on getting the outside and elevators to line up for flight operations, I missed that... shuffling all these sections* is a pain, I'll try to improve it tomorrow.

* There are 3 pieces for the island, 2 piece for the external elevators (1 each), 3 pieces for the interior, and 6 pieces for the main flight deck... 14 pieces to align without seams.

• Like 2

Ok, Fixed the gaps, mostly... I only see 1 pixel gaps at most, its not nearly so obvious.

I'll try and get rid of those remaining seams soon

• Like 1

Thanks very much for releasing this. It's really, really nice to have a standalone LHD that works well.

I'm trying it out, and I've noticed two issues that are worth reporting:

First: there are no footstep sounds when moving around the decks. There are only footsteps on the metal grating on the lower deck, when moving into the water.

Second: there doesn't seem to be any control for the lower deck boat entrance/exit. Boats can't externally activate the boat entrance, and the control panel on the interior doesn't have an option to open the lower door.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, Maj Ray said:

Thanks very much for releasing this. It's really, really nice to have a standalone LHD that works well.

I'm trying it out, and I've noticed two issues that are worth reporting:

First: there are no footstep sounds when moving around the decks. There are only footsteps on the metal grating on the lower deck, when moving into the water.

Second: there doesn't seem to be any control for the lower deck boat entrance/exit. Boats can't externally activate the boat entrance, and the control panel on the interior doesn't have an option to open the lower door.

Thank you.

Can´t reproduce the second issue, for what it´s worth. The lower well deck door control panel on the inside works perfectly fine for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maj Ray said:

I don't know how to fix this, I will make a post in the editing forums, but I don't always get so much help in that forum...

The 2nd issue: I think I know what you mean. The strings used for the actions don't get used properly, so the icon will show up, but not the text in the actions menu. If no other actions are available, just hitting enter works.

I fixed it on the elevators by replacing the string reference with English text... But then its English for everyone... Which is better than no text at all.

I'll upload a fix plus extra work on the seamd later today

• Like 1

When shooting the ship with handguns you also get the dirt debris. Not really a bug but it would be a fairly simple improvement that doesn´t require much work to change it to a metal impact.

6 hours ago, lumnuon said:

Can´t reproduce the second issue, for what it´s worth. The lower well deck door control panel on the inside works perfectly fine for me.

Yes, the inside well deck door control panel works just fine for me also. 

3 hours ago, GamerOnkel said:

Are the weapons still coming?

I didn't plan on it, they are redundant with the Jets DLC weapons. The old Atlas LHD weapons broke some vanilla weapons by redefining which magazines they accepted (when dynamic loadouts were introduced that caused problems, since the pylon magazines didn't work). What I did instead was make CSAT versions of the Jets DLC weapons. I suppose I could add AAF versions as well... but you don't need an addon to do that (The CSAT ones are there for convenience)

Plus its some work to update the old atlas weapons to use the new sensor model.

Is there any reason you want the old weapons instead of using the Jets DLC weapons? (I don't think you need the DLC to use them)

When shooting the ship with handguns you also get the dirt debris. Not really a bug but it would be a fairly simple improvement that doesn´t require much work to change it to a metal impact.

Meh, that's probably going to require opening each of the 14 models, and changing the material properties... Since it has no gameplay effect, and I assume the model will *mostly* be used as a staging area for vehicle operations, I consider it a low priority.

13 hours ago, Maj Ray said:

32 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

Yes, the inside well deck door control panel works just fine for me also. 

Well, for #2, it seems to work fine for me and everyone else. If the option isn't coming up, try moving around a bit, you may just not be facing it quite right.

For #1, I just tried running around the whole ship, and I could hear footsteps. I remember some old ships had some bug where going into the water and then back on to the ship messed up the footprint sounds... although I didn't reproduce this either.

Can anyone reproduce?

And FYI, updated again to get rid of seams and gaps. If you still notice some, please let me know.

21 hours ago, lumnuon said:

You are also missing keys for sever owners as far as I can tell.

Just a follow up now, by including the bikey, the issue is now resolved, yes?

• Like 3

I tested the update and the well deck control is now working for me. Thank you.

There are still no sounds when operating the elevators/well deck door, or footstep sounds when walking around. I know you're looking for assistance to fix that, so thank you very much.

So I think I know what to do with the walking sounds... but I was wondering, I could configure it to have a dynamic runway....

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Airport_Configuration

Now, it has no catapults, it has no arrestor wires, but it might make it easier to get planes to launch from it for the start of missions.

Do you think I should try and add one to this (otherwise when the AI tries to take off with me F-35Fs, it looks wonky), or would that cause more problems for people than they'd like?

Or perhaps leave it as something that can be placed in the editor, like this:

but resized to fit the LHD?

• Like 1