Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

"the man"

why do cops harass people who are not really doing anything wrong.. I.E. sitting in a parking lot talking to friends..

Yet they complain they are understaffed (locally)

If they are so short handed why do they have time to sit and watch me talk to my GF in the parking lot at the mall for 30 miniutes? is this a valid use of police time??

thoughts?

hey ? why can't we play at work ??

I did, and this place hasnt gotten any better so far as i can tell.

anywho..

well i would hate to think there would actually be a REAL crime commited while officer so and so sat in a parking lot with one hand on his coke and another on his cock...

ROFLOL!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 03 2003,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I did, and this place hasnt gotten any better so far as i can tell.

anywho..

well i would hate to think there would actually be a REAL crime commited while officer so and so sat in a parking lot with one hand on his coke and another on his cock...

ROFLOL!<span id='postcolor'>

hey hey hey , maybe that he had ended his service duty , who knows ....

Well, rules are rules. If you can't loiter in a parking lot, then they have every right to ticket, warn, or whatever else.

or even harrarss and patronize u.

Well now u know a useful decoy whenever u want to rob a bank or even gain a free cop car biggrin.gif

I'm going with Wobble on this one. Cops spend FAR too much time harassing ordinary people with stupid laws rather than going out and catching REAL criminals.

I mean, if Wobbles GF had been two other guys, and they had been passing stuff around, I can see the cop taking some interest. But sometimes the only place you can find to have a private chat outside your home is in the car.

Welcome back, Wobble. Post more, lurk less? biggrin.gif

b b b but wobble could of been evil EVIL !!! wow.gif and about to rob a bank.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Jan. 03 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going with Wobble on this one.  Cops spend FAR too much time harassing ordinary people with stupid laws rather than going out and catching REAL criminals.

I mean, if Wobbles GF had been two other guys, and they had been passing stuff around, I can see the cop taking some interest.  But sometimes the only place you can find to have a private chat outside your home is in the car.  

Welcome back, Wobble.  Post more, lurk less? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

god ...... where's the fun if we can use the privileges of our uniform ... damn tounge.gif

Wobble has a point. In my town it seems like cops spend so much time harassing law-abiding citizens that they wouldn't know what to do if a criminal walked up and bit them on the ass.

And welcome back smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 04 2003,00:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sitting in a parking lot talking to friends...<span id='postcolor'>

Loitering is against the law. It's a policeman's job to uphold the law.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Jan. 03 2003,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Jan. 03 2003,20wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going with Wobble on this one.  Cops spend FAR too much time harassing ordinary people with stupid laws rather than going out and catching REAL criminals.

I mean, if Wobbles GF had been two other guys, and they had been passing stuff around, I can see the cop taking some interest.  But sometimes the only place you can find to have a private chat outside your home is in the car.  

Welcome back, Wobble.  Post more, lurk less? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

god ...... where's the fun if we can use the privileges of our uniform ... damn tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

almost as someone else wearing the uniforrm and doing stuff wow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 03 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 04 2003,00:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sitting in a parking lot talking to friends...<span id='postcolor'>

Loitering is against the law.  It's a policeman's job to uphold the law.<span id='postcolor'>

i thought that was Robocops job confused.gif

believe me , uniform policeman is one of the shittiest job ever ..... just let them play around , it's rare enoguh for them t have fun smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Jan. 03 2003,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 04 2003,00:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sitting in a parking lot talking to friends...<span id='postcolor'>

Loitering is against the law.  It's a policeman's job to uphold the law.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, heaven forbid he be out pursuing some real threats to society... that would be work

Well how do they know you're not selling drugs, or planning to beat people up.

You're not above the law. tounge.gif

let me guess. those cops were looking for donuts and couldn't get one. tounge.gif

but sometimes, such tactics are a deterrent. it serves some purpose. it's little slip that gets the criminal caught.

in highschool, one of my friend was sitting in his car acting(body language) as if he was about to rob the jewlery store in the strip mall with some other friends. unfortunately, a cop saw it and within seconds, they were surrounded by 6-7 cops with their weapons drawn.

not to mention that they were wearing all those "gangsta style" clothings, they were driving those "fancied" Hondas. pretty reasonable for cops to be suspicious.

of course, what officers did not see was a camera from a distance away. they were doing one of those fun sessions with camcorder they just got. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm going with Wobble on this one.  Cops spend FAR too much time harassing ordinary people with stupid laws rather than going out and catching REAL criminals.

<span id='postcolor'>

I am going to agree with Warin, who agree's with Wobble.

Aside from harassing law abiding folk, police can be downright brutal.

Last weekend there was a fight at a popular local club, one guy who had done no wrong came over to see his buddy who had just been arrested and was hurt pretty bad. What do the cops do? They arrest him! and throw him aginst the car for doing nothing!

I also saw police hit a guy square in the head, twice, after they had cuffed him and was on the ground! (this happend in the same night). Police brutality in action.

I guess they just hate teenagers.

Wobble, holy shit!, nice to see you back. I had to check the date on the post because I thought that someone had dug up and old thread.

Beware of the new 'rules' on the forum, threads get locked like it was going out of style around here.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Jan. 02 2003,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wobble, holy shit!, nice to see you back. I had to check the date on the post because I thought that someone had dug up and old thread.<span id='postcolor'>

Join the club...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Beware of the new 'rules' on the forum, threads get locked like it was going out of style around here.

<span id='postcolor'>

amen

If the police didn't bug normal people and give them tickets the revenue stream would stop. More revenue = more cop jobs and job security.

well the whole reason we were in that aprking lot (the mall) was because my GF works at a restraunt there, I work for the cable company so i get up early.. i was just going to visit her at the end of her shift because i had to get to bed and didnt want her to have to drag her ass across town after working all night..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Jan. 04 2003,00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh and by the way,  HERE<span id='postcolor'>

WTF is that confused.gif