Sign in to follow this  
stburr91

Run Through The Jungle

Experience Vietnam through the eyes of a US Navy Seal Team tasked with rescuing a downed USAF pilot. 

Mission can be found here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1733455427

Situation, A Skyraider pilot was shot down a few hours ago, and is believed to be captured by the VC. You are tasked with conducting a rescue mission to secure, and extract the pilot.

Features

Scripted helicopter insertion intro.

Great Vietnam era music.

Ambient civilian life, and other background objects to create the feeling of being in a real world environment.

Play as both a PBR crewman, and a Seal Team Leader.

Scripted cinematic ending.

Singleplayer mission

Requires The Unsung Vietnam War Mod

9uVZw2g.jpg

c5vOllh.jpg

1daiqog.jpg

yZBQfma.jpg

SEmvVng.jpg

LI31TPn.jpg

3xhAv6Z.jpg

FghKEy9.jpg

o4mRkWf.jpg

• Like 5

I updated the mission, it was showing as multiplayer on Steam, however, it is a singleplayer mission.

I fixed the issue, and it is now listed correctly, as a singleplayer mission on Steam.

Sorry for any confusion.  

Very good mission.

Everyone interested in vietnam war must give it a try!

• Like 1

Started great -nice 70's jungle era immersion -only prob was just cant navigate that tiny river with that boat without getting stuck. I dont mind trolling along but one mistake and your stuck. Tried a few setVelocity to bump the boat off the sandbanks but ended up putting it in a tree 😄

Maybe a command to push the boat as addaction. Also some birds, snakes etc around river would be swell -id really like to finish this one though cause i havent gotten hooked on any nam missions yet and i like this one

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Started great -nice 70's jungle era immersion -only prob was just cant navigate that tiny river with that boat without getting stuck. I dont mind trolling along but one mistake and your stuck. Tried a few setVelocity to bump the boat off the sandbanks but ended up putting it in a tree 😄

Maybe a command to push the boat as addaction. Also some birds, snakes etc around river would be swell -id really like to finish this one though cause i havent gotten hooked on any nam missions yet and i like this one

Yeah, the river is pretty narrow. I put in both a hint, and in the task description that you need to drive the boat carefully. It's doable, you just need to not go too fast, and not over steer the boat.

The mission has a nice cinematic ending that's worth the drive up the river. 😉

I tried to play and my screen is stuck at Times are a-changing on the intro. Tried restarting multiple times.

13 hours ago, Blackfox34 said:

I tried to play and my screen is stuck at Times are a-changing on the intro. Tried restarting multiple times.

The intro is over a minute long, and has music. Do you have music turned off? If so, that is why you think it is "stuck" on the intro. 

Make sure your music is turned on, once you see "Times are a-changn", you should hear audio. 

On 5/10/2019 at 10:20 PM, stburr91 said:

The intro is over a minute long

Out of curiosity, is the intro skippable? Having to sit through an over a minute long intro all the time sounds a bit painful.

3 hours ago, lexx said:

Out of curiosity, is the intro skippable? Having to sit through an over a minute long intro all the time sounds a bit painful.

The intro is not skippable, but you only have to go through it once, the game auto-saves after the intro, and before you are at any risk of dying. The mission play through time is only about 40-50 minutes, so it's quite easy to play all the way through at one time. 

So, the only reason you would have to sit through the intro again, is if you decide to re-play the mission.  

The mission is designed, and scripted to deliver an immersive Vietnam experience (which all the feedback I've gotten so far, says I accomplished).  But because of the nature of the scripted gameplay, it doesn't necessarily have a lot of re-play value.  

You won't have to sit through the into a bunch of times, you should consider playing the mission, and see for yourself. If you do play the mission, be sure your music is turned on. 

BTW, I'm a fan of your work,  in fact, my current project is a prequel mission to your Dunes campaign. 

The mission (as it stands now) takes place on your Dunes map, and you play as Franklin's team. You're tasked to go in, and rendezvous with the informant that sent you the video in the Dunes campaign, and determine whether or not the intel he is providing is legitimate. Of course it can't be that simple, or it wouldn't be a very interesting mission.  😉

• Like 2

Cool. I'd totally play that. PS: If you shift around some extra scenery and remove the trees, it might as well be a completely different location. Most of the time, Dunes look very similar, so players might not even realize it's actually the same place.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lexx said:

Cool. I'd totally play that. PS: If you shift around some extra scenery and remove the trees, it might as well be a completely different location. Most of the time, Dunes look very similar, so players might not even realize it's actually the same place.

Oh yeah the players will never think it's the same location, I've placed quite a few objects, including a couple of small abandoned towns, it seems like a completely different map. 

I've got pics I can post, heck maybe I should start a WIP mission thread. 

• Like 1