23 minutes ago, neofit said:

But Pilgrimage for instance and tons of other missions are working with the BIS save system with no problem, organically.

Ya, their are mp missions out there too with save systems as well they may use a save system called iniDBI2

seen here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/186131-inidbi2-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/

would be something i need to learn, and setup for the mission, i will look into this, and when i get it figured out i'll create a new version of the mission with this system.

Its an interesting point tho having the save system would definatley change how you play the mission, thanks for the feedback!

I never understood what feature in a scenario made it so the stock BIS save system wouldn't work so people would have to either resort to base respawn or write their own saving routines. never did much research on the subject due to laziness, to be honest :). By digging around in other people's missions, I figured that some just disable saving because reasons. Others, like BIS, are using their Apex campaign to test their new "single-player online" feature on paying customers. I've seen plenty of missions where you have to go back to your base then use the map to save, but I don't enjoy that kind of pressure, especially in a game where you are more likely than not to get one-shot by a couple of pixels behind some bushes, multiple times during a mission.

3 hours ago, neofit said:

I never understood what feature in a scenario made it so the stock BIS save system wouldn't work so people would have to either resort to base respawn or write their own saving routines.

Only things i could think of would be a mod conflicting with the save, or even scripts, for example in the sp scenarios in the game, theres a mission

if you play it with certain gameplay mods, and save, the save gets corrupted, it will save yes but reloading the save will basically make the mission not work,

but i think thats a progressive type save when you get to a certain point like walk into a trigger based on the objective and you get an automatic save

saving manually would do the same.

Other then that i've seen saving coded into a mission, and a persistent type save with Ravage mod that works for mp only if you play lan and by yourself, it would

save your exact position, and gear which is ideal, thats what the iniDBI2 does.

3 hours ago, neofit said:

especially in a game where you are more likely than not to get one-shot by a couple of pixels behind some bushes

Ya would be just as dangerous, you got as far as you got and decided to save before its to late then have to go back to base to save, at that rate

might as well just have died and started over, respawn or teamswitch, ya i hear you on the issue, i will definitely look into this.

i never considered something like saving your progress at the point where you are at in the mission, however what concerns me is

considering that the mission uses a garrison script to place enemies in random positions in houses, balconies and roofs, im wondering if the save with iniDBI2 when i figure out how to use it,

if the AI would be saved where they were at based on where you saved, an interesting thought indeed.

I'll look into it more and let you know how it goes.

@neofit What you can do if you want to try this mission, download the pbo version of the mission

Google Drive v1.10

Armaholic v1.10 

Then take the pbo, you'll need to extract the it from the zip of course, and then move the pbo to your folder here:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions

Just make sure you have the required mods loaded, now once ingame and on the main menu, go to ----> Options ---> Game ----> Difficulty ----> Multiple saves (bottom of list)

with this box checked you can save your mission as much as you want, idk why i didn't think of it before but play the mission that way it works,

no need for extra scripts, or databases for me to implement, just save it on your end, once you save you can reload it, and if you exit the mission, you can return to where you left off.

Now if you were to die, up to you, either teamswtich to return to base, or reload your previous save so you have the option.

Update

Missions updated

• The ISIL Foothold v1.11
  • The ISIL Foothold v1.7  Respawn version
  • The ISIL Foothold v1.7  No mods or DLC version
  • The ISIL Foothold v1.5  ACE version

Changelog:

September 21st, 2019

v1.11

• Updated HAS module allowing the helis to respawn if they were destroyed.
  • Added a code to the recruit AI script allowing the AI to work with HAS.
  • Moved the medic at base out of the Medical Cargo house and to the front of it.
  • Reworded the map marker for the Fuel tank & trucks objective.
  • Replaced the Qalat tower with a 2 story house.
  • Found and removed 2 objects buried inside a house in compound 1.
  • Added 4 new MG nest Perimeter objectives which are optional.
  • Updated the Launcher objective ammo box adding missing launchers for the ammo in the box.

Other notes/Updates

• The no mods or DLC version doesn't have HAS in it so no updates there for the mod.
  • 1st post of the thread, i added new screenshots, made screenshots bigger, and put them all into a spoiler.
  • 1st post of thread added thumbnails for each mission version, and put all downloads into a spoiler.

===============

As per my previous post here for all of you interested in the mission but prefer Singleplayer

• You can host the mission in MP lan and play solo, for respawn this would be needed anyways.

2 options

For a normal Singleplayer game with this you have 2 options, you can either teamswitch to the next available playable unit

which theres only 4 or if you download the mission from the google drive and move the pbo to your missions folder ---> C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions

Saving in the mission

Once ingame be sure to go to ----> Options ---> Game ----> Difficulty ----> Multiple saves (bottom of list) on the menu of the game

and you can save your progress as you play, regardless the mission is still challenging.

Credits

I want to thank Rydydgier for his help and insights once again on things i was having issues with namely with HAS for this update.

I also want to thank Neofit in the previous post for brining the saving option to my attention, tbh for a veteran player i never really used it as i've always used teamswitch

but aside that for his and others sake like i noted above you can save your progress as you go.

Cheers!