MrsMelons

seriously Bohemia Interactive?

Hi all,

just another rant but what is up with ArmA 3? seriously?

Back in the day of my fx 6300 days I had huge problems running ArmA at 60fps... and low and behold here I am again...

YES! I am aware of every pinch of salt this game can throw at you and how to solve the low fps issue this game has but nothing has clearly worked on two completely different builds or I wouldn't be here ranting about how Bohemia Interactive cant optimize a game when paired with one of the biggest tech companies to-date.

but what makes me laugh is that the fact back in the day where I could still pretty much run anything 1080p 60fps... yet I could barely scrape a 30 from ArmA 3 whether or not I was running it like a potato or real life. And now here I am with a rig that can run anything thrown at it at 1440p 144fps, but still cant run ArmA 3 at 60fps whether or not its super low or ultra... :rofl:

I want to make this very clear, that back then I had no problems running any other game at 60fps BUT ArmA 3... And I currently do not have any other problems running any games currently at 2K resolution AND 144Hz/fps... The system has gone through at least 10 system reinstall's and YES I HAVE turned off V-sync.

any wizards out there that some how put their middle finger up to the universe and has achieved more than 60fps at a stable rate please let me know as this has gone on for too long...

¬¬¬ Old Specs ¬¬¬                                                                                                          ¬¬¬ Current Specs ¬¬¬

CPU - AMD FX 6300 w/ Coolmaster Seidon 120 AIO                                   CPU - Intel I7 4790K w/ Gamemax Iceberg 240 AIO

GPU - GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce x2 6GB OC                                          GPU - GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix 11GB

RAM - HyperX Black edition DDR3 2x 8GB 1600 Mhz                                  RAM - HyperX Black edition DDR3 2x 8GB 1600 Mhz

PSU - EVGA 650W Plat                                                                                      PSU - EVGA 650W Plat               

HDD - Toshiba 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Disk Drive                                            SSD / HDD  Samsung 860 evo 500GB / WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200 RPM

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, MrsMelons said:

but still cant run ArmA 3 at 60fps whether or not its super low or ultra...

You're aware that the engine behind arma isn't that up to date right? 

47 minutes ago, MrsMelons said:

any wizards out there that some how put their middle finger up to the universe and has achieved more than 60fps at a stable rate please let me know as this has gone on for too long...

Share your current video settings

• Like 1

Pfff.... Life is so dangerous at less than 60 FPS!

• Like 1

Your spec list is messed up.

Its been said a million times if you care to search...

ARMA is a true simulation therefore you need a powerful machine to run well unlike all the other games you can play at 60fps.

Try in the editor to see the effect of AI numbers.

Playing online is complicated because other peoples poor bandwidth can affect the server and fps too.  So always test in editor to find what your machine is capable of.

Arma will play smoothly with 40fps and above.

AI will chew up your CPU so if you limit their number you will get better fps.

Viewdistance is the biggest stress for the GPU so lower it for better fps.

• "any wizards out there that some how put their middle finger up to the universe and has achieved more than 60fps at a stable rate please let me know as this has gone on for too long..."

Yes, I can confirm that an i9 9900k with RTX2080 runs ARMA round 90fps on Ultra settings.

• Like 3

On 5/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, MrsMelons said:

RAM - HyperX Black edition DDR3 2x 8GB 1600 Mhz

Heres part of your problem, you dont want to just upgrade your cpu and gpu and expect arma to be ok and give you better performance which

no doubt it will compared to your previous specs but you didn't upgrade your ram either.

Your ram is very low end imo, you want DDR4 x16gb min at 2800,3000+ Mhz for optimal performance.

On 5/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, MrsMelons said:

SSD / HDD  Samsung 860 evo 500GB / WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200 RPM

Make sure arma3 is on the SSD, and ideally have another SSD with the OS on that.

Even though Arma is CPU intensive but  you still need ram to boot and be a supporting component of the cpu.

On 5/3/2019 at 4:26 AM, EDcase said:

Viewdistance is the biggest stress for the GPU so lower it for better fps.

View distance is specifically taxes the cpu, even though rendering is gpu.