LSValmont

vSuppress Multiplayer Script [v1.1 - released 05/06/2019]

Version 1.1 of the vSuppress Script Audio-Visual Suppression effects for Arma 3 by Valmont and George Floros has been released!

vSuppress Main Features:

- Easily add Suppression effects to your missions. These audio visual effects will trigger on players when Ai Units' bullets land or pass near them simulating the "Fear Effect" of being shot, the anxiety caused by being pinned down or just general combat stress.

- Fully Multiplayer Compatible!

- Extremely lightweight. The script was conceived with performance in mind and on testings with 60+ Ai units shooting at a single player resulted in a meagerly 2 FPS negative impact. 

- The Suppression effects are purely cosmetic and will not cause any other effects on players such as decreased stamina, stats etc.

- The sounds and the visual effects can be easily tweaked and disabled inside the script.

- Players cannot suppress other players, only Ai Units who have the script/EH running will be able to suppress players.

- The suppression effects are quite minimalist and fast in nature to keep Arma 3's gameplay unchanged while adding an additional layer of immersion to the game.

vSuppress version 1.1 DEMO MISSION DOWNLOAD LINKhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1NLZx5lH_G5p6ubcK73xvwwgYVqCWpdvL

For more info check the first page!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

is there any video of the script in action?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerozen said:

is there any video of the script in action?

It looks like LAxermann's mod, but vSuppress is in script form meaning that it requires a little bit more of editing/scripting knowledge and it is up to the mission makers how they implement it in their missions.

Other differences with LAxermanns include:

- Suppression visual effects in vSuppress do not last longer than 3 seconds so enemies need to continuously fire at you to keep you permanently suppressed and even then the script has measures to prevent an excess of suppression.

- vSuppress is much lighter (in terms of performance it is about 5 times faster) and it has additional (optional) suppression sounds.

- With the script you can control which Ai units can suppress.

- The script version can be customized to the mission maker's desires and objectives rather than having the client/player set the parameters.

This makes it easier for the mission maker to set up the mission "mood" and "feel" without requiring the players to do the tweaking/config/mod installing.

Actually trying the DEMO MISSION is the best way to see the script's performance and effects and the file is super small so give it a go, you won't regret it if you want suppression effects in Arma 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sounds very nice, gotta test it (hopefully) tonight! 

• Like 2

Nice work Valmont and George!

19 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Players cannot suppress other players, only Ai Units who have the script/EH running will be able to suppress players. 

Why can't players suppress players?  That seems like a good thing to me...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Nice work Valmont and George!

Why can't players suppress players?  That seems like a good thing to me...

Thank you johnnyboy!

Well, actually it is just because of the way the "virtual bullets' impacts positions" are currently calculated by the script rely on the assignedTarget command which does not work for players.

Therefore we must find another way to calculate the distance between the target and the unit (which is used for the virtual bullet).

So, to make it short, for players vs players the only way for the script to work that I know off is by tracking each bullet, an approach that can already be found on the suppression mods and that this script avoids for being too resource demanding. In fact in my tests when too many players are shooting the bullet tracking gets so delayed that it stops working altogether.

There might be other solutions/commands for players vs. player to work instead of  assignedTarget, commands like cursorObject and lineIntersectsWith would probably work just as well for players...

I am actually adding a new radial blur effect developed by George Floros for the next update as well as a double check for side Arms (Handguns should not cause suppression).

George is also looking into vehicles also causing suppression effect as a way to expand the script further. 

If you wanna add something please be my guess and we will include you as an author 😃 Would be an honor to have code from one of the best script writers out there.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 7:32 PM, LSValmont said:

George is also looking into vehicles also causing suppression effect as a way to expand the script further. 

I have send you a copy with the vehicles and the static weapons working and some possible fixes and general code -script appearence.

• Thanks 1

I' m sending you also a script that should probably work with Players.

• Thanks 1

Any chance of getting the fix for vehicles and static weapons?

14 hours ago, Kushluk said:

Any chance of getting the fix for vehicles and static weapons?

Hello there Kushluk !

I'll send you a copy , but , notice , it's a different not published edit.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Casio91Fin said:

Is it possible to add?

shooting speed if AI have lmg  

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/forceWeaponFire

and how many bullets can ai shoots

This is something completely different from this script , but i don't know either to answer.