Sign in to follow this  
Nials

Been getting "The memory could not be read" error everytime I start Arma

I can't even start the game with no mods or anything. Arma 3 just doesnt start at all outside of the launcher. Tried just about everything to fix and still no solution. Please let me know what I can do to help. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Does it give you any error message(s) when it fails to launch? 

Does arma just hang forever or does the loading logo not even show up?

Have you verified your game files?

With what launch parameters are you launching?

Is there anything noteworthy in your RPT?

If you boot arma directly from the exe does it work then?

Welcome to Bis forums!

Sorry to read about your troubles, here are some guides, references and resources to help you solve your problem.

Hope that helps!

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1274-uohk-5653

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210852-arma-3-memory-could-not-be-written/

18 hours ago, stanhope said:

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Does it give you any error message(s) when it fails to launch? 

Does arma just hang forever or does the loading logo not even show up?

Have you verified your game files?

With what launch parameters are you launching?

Is there anything noteworthy in your RPT?

If you boot arma directly from the exe does it work then?

You'll find the errors that I'm getting at the following imgur link. https://imgur.com/a/k8O16hw

The logo does not show up, it arma 3 does not boot up outside of the launcher at all.

I have verified and reverified a number of times, deleted the addon folder even. Hasn't worked.

I have set all parameters to default on launch. Hasn't worked.

The latest RPT file was from 3 months ago, which it has worked after then. This is a recent issue. Within the past month.

Weirdly enough, arma 3 does launch directly from the exe file. Where do I go from here? It must be a launcher error correct?

5 hours ago, Nials said:

Weirdly enough, arma 3 does launch directly from the exe file. Where do I go from here? It must be a launcher error correct?

Could you give a full list of all the launch parameters you're using? 

On 4/28/2019 at 5:42 AM, Nials said:

I can't even start the game with no mods or anything. Arma 3 just doesnt start at all outside of the launcher. Tried just about everything to fix and still no solution. Please let me know what I can do to help. Thanks.

In at least one of those screenshots, you ARE running mods. 

At the bottom, to the right of the PLAY button, click the down chevron ▽ and select "play without mods"

If that works, my next suggestion would be to create a new user profile. If you cannot get it to launch via the launcher, use the .exe and do the same thing. The reason behind this is that your default user profile may have been corrupted. 

9 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

In at least one of those screenshots, you ARE running mods. 

At the bottom, to the right of the PLAY button, click the down chevron ▽ and select "play without mods"

If that works, my next suggestion would be to create a new user profile. If you cannot get it to launch via the launcher, use the .exe and do the same thing. The reason behind this is that your default user profile may have been corrupted. 

^1)

9 hours ago, stanhope said:

Could you give a full list of all the launch parameters you're using? 

^2)

1) Well you were right to notice that as the purpose of showing you 2 separate screenshots was to show you that I am still getting the same error regardless of running mods or not, so your next bit of advice is useless, and I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

Interesting what you said about the user profiles though. I am using a different user profile from default already. Tried another suggestion where you delete "other profiles" in documents folder. That didn't help either. However I will make another profile again and see if that works.

2) Nothing in steam for launch parameters. The only parameter set in arma 3 launcher is "force window mode" as way to somehow fix the current issue. That hasn't worked either.

can confirm that making a new profile through .exe has not worked

I don't tend to respond to PMs.  Could you share screenshots from the parameter screens in the launcher?