GM RETEXTURES MOD  

GM is coming out on Monday, and many of the assets used in the DLC historically were shared with other nations in NATO and the Warsaw Pact. I think there is a huge opportunity to greatly expand the scope of nations covered.  

This mod will aim to expand the scope of GM's content by retexturing items for new, accurate factions, starting with Norway. only dependency planned is the Global Mobilization CDLC.

ROADMAP  

• Retexture W. German uniforms for an accurate Norwegian gearset.
  • Retexture W. German uniforms for an accurate Dutch gearset. (may be released in separate addon due to lack non-mod FN FALs)
  • create factions to allow new assets to be used in Zeus and editor.   
  • Expand Vehicle Insignia to include historical formations of countries other than East and West Germany. (ex. Norwegian battalions or Polish national emblem)    

I created a discord to facilitate work on this project, feel free to join at https://discord.gg/Fhsxb3b! At the moment, I'm the only person working on this, and any help would be appreciated. If you have already started or would like to help, comment on this thread or send me a PM!

Edited by ghoulishPeach
change of plans
  • Like 5

Not to sound like an arse, but are you sure the files will be able to be retextured so soon?

I think they may come out in EBO format first which means no one can retex them just yet 

23 minutes ago, slatts said:

Not to sound like an arse, but are you sure the files will be able to be retextured so soon?

I think they may come out in EBO format first which means no one can retex them just yet 

I'm not sure that retexturing can start immediately, or even soon, thats up to BI. But I'm also trying to create a framework so that when/if the standard files come out, I'll be ready to start

54 minutes ago, slatts said:

Well, the GM lads already announced it'll be possible in a way where .ebo isn't a factor

sw1kwIF.png

So I think it's fair to make plans

• Like 2

Really good to hear that. Adds to the excitment 🙂

Don't worry!

We'll release some more details about the re-texturing of GM content this weekend.
You can already read up on how to make use of our insignia system and adding your own here.

I can say already that some example re textures for GM to AAF are prepared and will be available for regular use on the Steam Workshop shortly after the DLC becomes available on the steam store.

3 hours ago, ghoulishPeach said:

Norway and the Netherlands specifically

👍

Edit: @ghoulishPeach There is a dedicated Discord set up with the topic "Arma Cold Warriors" where a bunch of cold war related projects gather and exchange research knowledge and technical help. I think your project would be a good fit there.

Invitation to that discord is of course open to everyone:
https://discord.gg/VhdaJu5

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1