S I R E N S is a single player survival mission influenced by Silent Hill, and powered by the Ravage mod. 

This short mission serves as a prelude to future episodes.

Altis has been laid to waste....a strange malevolant force has taken over it's towns and villages. 
The distant wail of the Siren brings out the dead, shrouding everything in a creeping fog....
Only evil remains.

Your main objective is to locate and destroy the source of the Siren. 
Your secondary objective is to live long enough to perform the main objective!

eI6dxRA.jpg

AG3MUNv.jpg

YviJ7dF.jpg

IRAIFiQ.jpg

This scenario is probably not without it's flaws, poor mission design and maladroit implementation, but like everything I create for Arma it's made with big love. 

But if you like sneaking around a village trying to avoid some badass Boss Zeds then this could be for you.

Speaking of Boss Zeds, meet the guys...

7b3Myt7.jpg

Credits: Haleks for the cool wandering Boss Zed code and generally being awesome. Kodabar and Tourist for kindly play testing.

Download: Steam

:rthumb:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Awesome job my friend!

Very well balanced for a small mission, and top notch atmosphere (I was  expecting no less coming from you). And I really like the zed bosses and the work you've done to make them something more than the generic zombie.

I definitely want more of this! ^^

The only (small) issue I spotted was a weird behaviour with the fog when you get close to the siren. I believe you could tweak the (t1) trigger as follows to fix that :

Spoiler

condition :
this && isnil {player getvariable "inTheZone"} && alive s1

onActivation :
5 setFog 0.5;
enableEnvironment [false, true];
player setvariable ["inTheZone", true];
thisTrigger spawn {
	sleep 5;
	waitUntil {
		sleep 0.005;
		0 setFog 0.5;
		!(player inArea _this) || !alive s1
	};
	player setvariable ["inTheZone", nil];
	enableEnvironment [true, true];
};

The above runs a loop while the player is inside the trigger and while s1 is "alive"; eventhough the trigger is repeatable, the "getVariable" check makes sure there's only one instance for that loop.

It runs every two frames (not stricly necessary, I reckon a 1 second delay would perfectly work too) and keeps the fog level at 0.5 without weird transition issues. Well, it should - I haven't tested it on the mission itself.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes mate!

• Thanks 1

Thanks man! I'll look into implementing that for this scenario and the next few "episodes".

This was more like a wee tech demo for future episodes anyway so any and all feedback is most welcome. Thanks again. 😉

• Like 1

Thank you very much EO and congratulation for the release !

Let's play some Ravage !  :thumbs-up:

I wonder what's next !

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 5:19 PM, haleks said:

The only (small) issue I spotted was a weird behaviour with the fog when you get close to the siren. I believe you could tweak the (t1) trigger as follows to fix that :

I've play tested this so many times and never noticed any issues with the fog, however I just watched kodabars playthrough and it did have some weird looking issues when he was close to the Siren. On closer inspection he was close to death, his stats were showing that he was Weak, Nutrition 29, Hydration 44, it's very possible the Ravage ppeffects were having an influence. I'll try a few more runs with those stats to see if that's what could be causing that. 🙂

Oh man you're probably right; the survival system uses some screen effects but I think some are broken. facepalm.png

That's a job for me then! ^^

• Like 1

This looks super cool EO, congrats on the release.  I'm going to take time out from my latest script obsession for some creepy zed adventuring!

• Like 1

@johnnyboy, don't expect to much dude, it's much more a proof of concept than a full blown mission, that will come later. 😉 

• Like 1

Just tried it EO and it was cool.  I like the concept and look forward to the future full blown mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sirens of Moschnyi Island.....

MdfIXZz.png

5Ffw4Qt.png

bKgq9wR.png

cFib5F5.png

udfZAYh.png

.....coming soon.

• Like 5

I should hire you to do my screen shots. Yours are so good.

• Like 1

Thanks man, in reality the screen shots will probably be better than the mission itself. :icon_biggrin:

I think the mission is nearly done, here's a few more details on what's included with the Island itself...

Mission will ship with a Redux version of Moschnyi Island. (changes made with full permission from Jakerod)

• Sullen Skies.
  • Ambient Birds.
  • Clutter adjustments.
  • Livonia Environmental Ambience.
  • Almost 90% of all Arma 2 structures replaced with their Livonian equivalents. (This aspect is part of the mission file )

Few more screenshots for your pleasure...

dD39yVC.png

5e4dded.png

YdDgeyA.png

7iUvOs6.jpg

pu5L7Gu.png

• Like 4

S I R E N S is nearing a full release but given the time invested so far I feel it deserves a very small cinematic intro, once I've figured that out we are good to go.

M82PkCP.png

• Like 4

iyI6FvU.png

A0blQVC.png

Qmf3M34.png

• Like 4

HhhCNQn.png

1soiqkg.png

• Like 4

This looks like a cheery happy place I must visit. You know how to set the tone my friend!

• Like 2

4eqnNNh.png

• Like 2

3rUd7bt.png

The mission is nearly ready to be kicked into the light...

Over the summer I've been thinking of the best way to distribute this project and I've finally decided to release it as a modification.

The mod will ship with the SIRENS mission and will also include a Redux version of Moschnyi Island plus a few other small mods of mine that will be required to play SIRENS.  

SIRENS has massively broadened in scope from the original prelude mission set on Altis, it has a totally different feel and look now and has brought together elements from a few of my favourite survival horror games.

I think this will be the last post in this thread, I'll open a new thread here on the forums when it's released. :supercool:

• Like 3

Post retracted