S.Newbould

Static drop on map click

Hi,

Been trying to find something similar to this so I could edit in a way it could work. Basically what I am after is a script which on a action it will teleport the user to a location via map click and insert them via a static parachute. 

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Did you search for HALO jump? It seems to me this topic is often discussed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Did you search for HALO jump? It seems to me this topic is often discussed.

From what I see the Halo jump scripts use the function and I dont know if I would be able to edit in a way for it to work but I should give it a try really. 

Because a HALO jump and  a static drop are not the same thing!

2 hours ago, S.Newbould said:

Because a HALO jump and  a static drop are not the same thing!

Please elaborate in term of Arma event (I'm former French Navy). What I call HALO jump is exactly what you described in your topic.

On 4/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, S.Newbould said:

via a static parachute. 

Hello there S.Newbould !

Stati line right ?

Have you search any tutorial ?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Please elaborate in term of Arma event (I'm former French Navy). What I call HALO jump is exactly what you described in your topic.

So what I am doing is a WW2 mission and for scenario flow I want the players who die and respawn be able to go to for example a flag pole with an addAction option to drop into combat via a static parachute instead of me having to go into zeus and teleport them (I mean they could drive to the frontline but people are lazy). I would like to keep things semi-immersive and not have a HALO jump into combat as the HALO jump to my knowledge wasnt a method of delivering troops to the frontline/behind enemy lines in the 1940s. 

Sorry if I didnt explain myself clearly enough! 

Yes, it's clearer. The static line is ugly (in Arma). Some mods like CUP has already done that if I'm right. So, making an addAction on a pole, dropping with a WW2 parachute, adding a backpack on ventral during the chute is on my mind. The static + backpack below is not. But as George mentioned, someone has already done that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S.Newbould said:

I want the players who die and respawn be able to go to for example a flag pole with an addAction option to drop into combat via a static parachute instead of me having to go into zeus and teleport them

You can use a teleport script as well and it might be better to spawn like 20 m back from the leader , instead of paradropping wherever ( the players want ) and i say this because, it can be a real mess with some players who do whatever they want.

If i remember , there should be a script version of this and there are also other static line parachute mods.

• Like 1