blueberryman

Wondering if I could get assistance with the dynamic combat ops

I need assistance with the dynamic combat ops because I would like to play with my friend so I host a sever through arma 3 hosting option turn it to internet and not lane name it and give it a password and host it but he can’t find it we can do it on almost anything else but dynamic combat ops we have seen people do multiplayer on it but we can’t get it to work.

Hi and welcome to this forum.  Do you have all the necessary ports port-forwarded? 

13 hours ago, stanhope said:

Hi and welcome to this forum.  Do you have all the necessary ports port-forwarded? 

I turn on the upnp option then I start it it up and it says setting up port forwarding then puts me on the screen where I select mission and map I do that and when it is all loaded up he can’t find it

That's because you haven't actually port forwarded those ports.  You need to either get into your router or a webpage that your ISP offers to open those ports.  As I don't know who your ISP is or what router you're using you'll have to figure that one out yourself.  I can tell you that you have to port forward the range of ports between 2302-2306 (both included) for UDP traffic. 

4 hours ago, stanhope said:

That's because you haven't actually port forwarded those ports.  You need to either get into your router or a webpage that your ISP offers to open those ports.  As I don't know who your ISP is or what router you're using you'll have to figure that one out yourself.  I can tell you that you have to port forward the range of ports between 2302-2306 (both included) for UDP traffic. 

4 hours ago, stanhope said:

The problem is I don’t know how to do any of that lol I’ll try my best

Here are alternatives you can use, these are programs that you and your friend can download and setup,  it will allow either of you

to connect to each other's game through lan, it basically creates a network that you can join, you dont need to worry about ports, program does it for you.

I would have added Tunngle to the list but it cant be found anymore something i used myself for a little bit before i rented a gameserver.

As for port forwarding if you prefer to do that then heres a

video tutorial on how to do it:

Written Port Forwarding Guides:

Hope that helps.