gc8

remoteExecCall JIP problem

HI

I'm trying to set a single variable on client by calling a function in the client with remoteExecCall. but for some reason the function never gets called on client.

Here's my server code:

["SENDING VEHICLE LEVEL TO CLIENT %1 %2 %3 (%4)",_level,_side, format["VehResLvl_%1",_side], call getPlayers] call dbgmsg; // Prints!

_level remoteExecCall ["setVehicleResearchLevel", _side, format["VehResLvl_%1",_side]];

I checked that all variables are ok

This function (client) never gets called:

setVehicleResearchLevel =
{
 ["GOT VEHICLE LEVEL %1", _this] call dbgmsg; // Does not print

vehicleResearchLevel = _this;
};

as you can see I'm using custom debug print function dbgmsg

I think the problem maybe with the fact that I run dedicated server and then join client (JIP)

Any idea what's wrong with my code?

thx!

Figured it out, the function had not yet been created in client when it was called from server.

I thought it had to be something simple 🙂

But how do you deal with these situations? Maybe I do some client register call on server when client is ready

23 hours ago, gc8 said:

But how do you deal with these situations? Maybe I do some client register call on server when client is ready

Possibly, or use CfgFunction to define your functions. Then they are compiled and ready before anything in the initialisation order.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Possibly, or use CfgFunction to define your functions. Then they are compiled and ready before anything in the initialisation order.

Yeah thx that's what I did, I put the function in preinit. Good thing there was no other function dependencies so I didn't have to do a lot of extra work.