engima

Where to release mission nowdays?

Hi

Where do I best release a mission nowdays? I was used to do it at armaholic.com, but the modern way is on the "Steam Workshop", or am I wrong? Both maybe? If Steam, then is there a good tutorial on how to do it somewhere?

I recommend you to use SteamWorkshop if you want to publish a mission. You can publish it in the Workshop by a little icon which is on the left top of the editor. There, you can write the mission description and title, and upload the mission cover image.

Here you have a good guide about the mission presentation: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786566006

You can also use this (https://steamcommunity.com/comment/ForumTopic/formattinghelp) to improve your mission presentation.

I hope this information helps you.

Steam for broader audience, but since for a long time there are players experiencing "lost my save/can't resume" issue with Steam Workshop scenarios, I usually put there a link to BI Forums alternative and recommend to use it instead. Also I can't update some older content on Steam, so in total it looks convenient, but is not reliable enough to me. 

Steam+armaholic+own mirror (google drive/mega/dropbox types)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, .kju said:

Steam+armaholic+own mirror (google drive/mega/dropbox types)

:yeahthat:

Personally I only use Steam. It makes updating the missions so much easier... You can quickly publish changes and don't have to bother with updating other links.

• Like 1

I would second Steam and a mirror download. Mirror downloads are useful for people running dedicated servers.

Depends on your audience.

If your audience is the End User/Player, then Steam + Armaholic.

If your audience is server admins/communities, then posting it in "User Missions" subforum here is sufficient.