So I have made "script" for myself that I put in the Player Init.

This only executes once. But I want it to execute every time I spawn/respawn (so everytime the player starts existing).

The script works great if I put it in the Init of the Player. But i wanted to make a .sqf file I could call/execute so I wont have to put everything in every Player. But the scipt is not working/compiling.

The code I put in to the Init:

varPlayer=this;

spawnPos=getPos varPlayer;

telePos=getPos varPlayer;

[varPlayer, 3] call BIS_fnc_traceBullets;

varPlayer addAction["<t color='#59b300'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;}];
varPlayer addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {varPlayer setPos spawnPos;}];
varPlayer addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {varPlayer setPos telePos;}];
varPlayer addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {telePos=getPos varPlayer;}];
varPlayer addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Teleport with Map</t>", "teleport.sqf"];

The code I put in to the .sqf:

_spawnPos=getPos _this;

_telePos=getPos _this;

[_this, 3] call BIS_fnc_traceBullets;

_this addAction["<t color='#59b300'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;}];
_this addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {_this setPos _spawnPos;}];
_this addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {_this setPos _telePos;}];
_this addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {telePos=getPos _this;}];
_this addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Teleport with Map</t>", "teleport.sqf"];

How I called it in the Init:

_nul = []execVM "myFunction.sqf";

It wont run, but why?

So for short. What i need help with is:

• finding the problem with the sqf
  • executing the sqf every time the player starts existing

Thx for reading my crap and I hope you can help me. :)

This seems to make the script execute:

_spawnPos=getPos player; 
_telePos=getPos player; 

[player, 3] call BIS_fnc_traceBullets; 

player addAction["<t color='#59b300'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {player setPos _spawnPos;}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {player setPos _telePos;}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {telePos=getPos player;}];
player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Teleport with Map</t>", "teleport.sqf"];

But the teleportation position is not saved in a var. And the traceBullet function doesnt seem to work either.

Got the fix for teleportation by making local vars.

_spawnPos=getPos player; 
_telePos=getPos player; 

profileNamespace setVariable ["spawnPos",_spawnPos];
profileNamespace setVariable ["telePos",_telePos];
saveProfileNamespace;

[player, 3] call BIS_fnc_traceBullets;

player addAction["<t color='#59b300'>Arsenal</t>", {["Open",true] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {_temp = profileNamespace getVariable "spawnPos"; player setPos _temp;}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {_temp = profileNamespace getVariable "telePos"; player setPos _temp;}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {telePos=getPos player;}];

The execution at respawn was dealt with after making a "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" with:

_nul = []execVM "myFunction.sqf";

The only thing not working is the bullet traces after respawn.

Dont go using profileNamespace as a tempory store for variables like that. AddAction already has a parameter for passing in variables to the actions code OR you can save the variables on the player object using setVariable.

_spawnPos = getPosATL player; 

//Store teleport position on player object
player setVariable[ "telePos", getPosATL player ]; 

//Example passing in variable to actions code
player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {player setPosATL ( _this select 3 );},_spawnPos];

//Retreive value from player object
player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {player setPosATL ( player getVariable "telePos" );}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {player setVariable[ "telePos", getPosATL player ];}];

20 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Dont go using profileNamespace as a tempory store for variables like that. AddAction already has a parameter for passing in variables to the actions code OR you can save the variables on the player object using setVariable.

_spawnPos = getPosATL player; 

//Store teleport position on player object
player setVariable[ "telePos", getPosATL player ]; 

//Example passing in variable to actions code
player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {player setPosATL ( _this select 3 );},_spawnPos];

//Retreive value from player object
player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {player setPosATL ( player getVariable "telePos" );}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {player setVariable[ "telePos", getPosATL player ];}];

Thx. Got it working. :)

player setVariable["spawnPos", getPos player]; 
player setVariable["telePos", getPos player]; 

player addAction["<t color='#d9006c'>Go to Spawn</t>", {player setPos ( player getVariable "spawnPos" );}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#bfff00'>Teleport</t>", {player setPos ( player getVariable "telePos" );}]; 
player addAction["<t color='#4cffff'>set Teleport</t>", {player setVariable["telePos", getPos player];}];

//Enable Bullet Trace
player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Enable Bullet Trace</t>", {[player, 3] spawn BIS_fnc_traceBullets;}];
//Disable Bullet Trace (will reduce paths by 1 with every time used)
player addAction["<t color='#0080ff'>Disable Bullet Trace</t>", {BIS_tracedShooter = nil;}];

The only thing not working correctly is the Bullet Traces. As i read "Can only be used on one shooter in a single instance.". So I added the function to disable them when you die.

But each time you die and/or disable it, it decreases the Bullet Traces by 1.

Do you have an idea on how to go about that problem?