56Curious

Viking PMC - Official Mod

Viking PMC - Official Mod

The Viking PMC - Official Mod is a clan-created game overhaul to fit the PMC lifestyle within arma communities. It features various improvements to the game, such as UI improvements, customized reskins of gear + vehicles as well as custom assets, quality of life improvements and more!

All of the gear with a logo on will have a counter-part to allow public users the enjoyment of our content.

You will notice that some of the retextured gear is not from the vanilla game. This is so other communities can use the modded retextures as well. You can take a look at the Viking PMC - Extensions Mod for an example on how to add the gear. (Or use that mod itself and ignore the dependency warnings.)

Features

You can join our development discord to discuss the mod and it's features with developers and other community memebers.

You can view the GITHUB (WIP) page to see how frameworks can be used and read information about the mod.

The follwing list is generalized:

• Custom music and sounds
  • Custom retextures of uniforms, vests, backpacks, headgear, facewear, items and more
  • Custom retextures of vehicles
  • Custom Zeus modules and functions
  • Various game Mechanics (adjust the game to our liking)
  • Custom factions (both friendly and hostile) - Requires this.

Please see the workshop page for images.

Installation
Simply install this pack and load it on the launcher.

Credits
Before retexutres are made, we have contacted the authors and requested permission. If you as a mod creator have noted something that you did not consent to, please message myself or another contributor so we can remove it ASAP.

• VSM All In One Collection - Allowed retexture rights for their custom gear.
  • Vehicles created by Danz and Skan.
  • Femal3 - High quality female player models and faces for our use.
  • Some gear has been used in complience with the licencing information found on the Multi-Play Uniforms workshop page as of 17/02/2019.
  • ALIAScartoons for his amazing EMP and Monsoon scripts that we have turned into functions. - If you'd like to add these to your script-mod workshop collection, pm me and I can export them to a single mod ;).
  • AK5C, VSS, MP5 provided by Luca.

How you can contribute
We are looking for 3D artists to create some PMC-themed assets for the mod to widen our features that we offer. You don't necessarily need to know how to add it to arma, I can always help/do this for you. It is worth mentioning that we as a group offer this mod to the community in our spare time and thus we do it for free. We earn no money from it either, it is purely for pleasure. Further details can be explained if you are interested in joining the team. If you're interested in joining the team, then please send me a message in discord.

We are also looking for texture artists to create PMC-themed assets for the mod to widen our features that we offer. Again like the above, it's done in your free-time etc. If you're interested in doing work and getting your name out there within the arma community then please send me a message in discord.

Media

Spoiler

F1Q2jAQ.jpg3mIxjJY.pngtjUHxmk.jpgtuJTyhD.jpgdLaF4JK.jpg

• Like 6

Version 1.0.6 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Cazador Uniform
Added: Cazador Headgear
Added: Cazador Vest
Added: Helmets into NV slot for use with diving gear
Added: DDPM Shirt and Sweater
Added: G36 Support (Not useable but configs are all setup - model still needs work but is useable)

Fixed: Vest textures missing.
Fixed: Pictures on some assets were missing (Gear type)
Fixed: Civilian Shirts not displaying correct textures.
Fixed: An error in the loading screen displaying message to user.
Fixed: Text in function: VKN_fnc_missionTemplateTool
Fixed: Texture glitch on VKN_Vest_V_HarnessO_drk_F - Fixed after BI fixed in A3 Version 1.92

Updated: Halt Framework
Updated: Splash screen information

Viking PMC Official Mod - Extensions

Added: retextured shemaghs (black + all accessories)
Added: Greek Faction
Added: Abu Bakr Faction
Added: custom retextures of Van, Offroad, Hatchback and Tahoe (Greek police)

Updated: FIR Insignias to delete them (extensions)
Updated: Adjusted how faction: The Cartel has it's custom retextures applied
Updated: Dependency on factions

Fixed: Missing units from VKN_Extensions_Characters config.cpp file
Fixed: Viking Factions to be updated to new configs using the new, updated gear
Fixed: issue with Greek Police Gear not displaying

Discuss this update in the discord here.

View the code and extra info on updates via github here.

Version 1.0.7 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Wooden Crate

Added: LOKI Uniforms (Woodland and Tan)

Added: LOKI Vests (Woodland and Tan)

Fixed: Missing Backpacks on gear

Added: LOKI Helmet

Fixed: Textures on police vehicles.

This is looking interesting! 

Is that a Norwegian camouflage colour palette on a Swedish splinter camo pattern?

• Like 1

Version 1.0.8 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Custom sounds for a mission, available for all users

Added: fn_respawnPositionSafeZone - adds safe zone on respawn positions for BLUFOR - Function will support all factions in Version 1.0.9

Fixed: fn_cameraSetup error
Fixed: Mission Template Tool

Added: RHS Bag retextures (Olive and Black)

Version 1.0.9 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: New PBO VKN_Identities incl. new faces for players to use.
Added: Retextured FV 510 Warrior (Woodland) and FV 510 Warrior (Desert) retextured variants for BLUFOR.
Added: New images for factions within Viking, ODIN, THOR, LOKI, VIS and BALDER - https://imgur.com/a/qKQ19yj

Updated: Legion Forest Collection.
Updated: fn_respawnPositionSafeZone to enable all factions. Also rewrote for optimisation.
Updated: Roles and Ranks custom configs.
Updated: LOKI Cap

Added: LOKI Vests
Added: Hawaii shirts for the summer season.

Version 1.1.0 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Sirens to Security Tahoe

Fixed: Missing image for fn_missionTemplateTool

Fixed: fn_missionTemplateTool with an unscheduled sleep being used

Fixed: Legion Forest cap

Fixed: Author of legion forest camo set

Fixed: APC Warrior desert missing skin.

Updated: fn_displayPlayerInfoAbove - hid until Version 1.1.1

Added: RHS Booniehat retextured

New update is coming soon, including some more Eurocopter helicopters! We're working on custom textures and setting up some features of our own alongside this helicopter, like incorping ACE Rappeling, as well as the ability to properly use the stretcher.

These eurocopters were used with permission given by Luke's EC 135 mod!

In terms of our own 3D models, we're designing and creating a 2000 style Mitsubishi Montero/Hokoron hybrid offroader, equipped with chunky tires, flood lights, winch and more, as well as a 2035 face lift of this vehicle. We're using a Toyota Tacoma front and a Chevrolet Suburban 1500 rear to create a more modern, but still highly functional offroader. There will be branding images of these vehicles released in the future, but just wanted to let people know we are planning new, custom assets 🙂

Don't forget to view the code and extra info about the mod via github here.

Enjoy using the mod and it's features!

• Like 2

Version 1.1.1 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: ACE PBO Check to fn_Ragdoll_init to avoid error when ACE wasn't present

Added: Support for ACE Self Interactions for in-house functions/features (more to follow)
Added: Eurocopter 135/635 variants with Viking Black, Loki, Viking OD and Viking Sand skins with medical counterparts
Added: Ability to select textures via vehicle customization in the arsenal
Added: ACE FRIES system to Eurocopters
Added: Discord Rich Presence support for various events in-game - requires https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1493485159 to work

Updated: File layout for VKN_Objects
Updated: VKN_Objects cfgPatches to properly add the vehicles as units
Updated: IFV Warrior and Y32E Cihuai Aircraft Units to display in Zeus/3DEN Editor

Fixed: Lightbar on the light variant of the Tahoe

Updated: VKN_Extensions_Gear had class fields updated

Removed: Viking Black Medical OPS 2 Helmet
Removed: Viking Loki Medical Helmet

Version 1.1.2 STATUS UPDATE #1

Hello all, so the mod development has started to slow down due to myself and other developers starting university, jobs etc. We are continuing to add new content, but it is alot slower than the summer. We can only apologise for this, however the mod is created in our spare time, which is very little ahah.
One of the things that I am working on at the moment is the function rework/streamline process. I am cutting code and trying to make all of my functions run quicker, as well as fix bugs. For example, the mission template tool currently doesn't work with ACE3's interaction system. For this reason, I decided to remove the ability for communities to customize this tool to their liking. Until I can work out what causes this error, I will keep it this way. Another, newer feature coming is the player displaying function. This will display the players name above their unit and also add extra information. This will be in the next update, hopefully. One final function that has recently been updated was the Discord Rich Presence information. It's purpose is to add a little more information to discord about what you're up to in-game, instead of just seeing "Arma 3". The rest of the team are also working on their own features, but as we're not 100% sure when these things will be ready, we will keep quiet for the time being 🙂

Just thought i'd give a little update on this, as well as some of the ideas we have bouncing around at the present time.

Version 1.1.2 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Retextured Leopard 2A4 skins

Added: more Discord RP additions - requires https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1493485159 to work

Added: New sound for operations

Added: Backend Support for a customizable panic button for units to press

Added: background images and res-adjusting text to start screens

Added: New Randomization of loading screens

Updated: Mission Template Tool now has new information

Updated: Tahoe Texture Files

Fixed: error in VKN_Gear(edited)

Updated: Adjusted inheritance on units. (ODIN Faction)

Updated: Startup screen to work in the base mod and use ext. if aother mods are present too.

Version 1.1.3 STATUS UPDATE #1

Hello all!
So it's been a while since an update has been released. I'd like you all know that we are still working on things and have some great ideas and assets both in the works and coming soon! We have recently acquired 3, and perhaps even more, 3D Artists to create 3D assets and really push this mod to a new level.

Apart from ideas already mentioned elsewhere, I wont hint at what we are planning as to not fixate designs and ideas. Stay tuned for the next status update to see more about them.

Alongside 3D assets, I am still working on scripts and configs for the mod, such as a new menu for quick access to functions, a sort of Function Guider. The aim is to teach a Zeus how to use scripts/functions to help improve their mission in a easy to use format. More on this soon however.

As always, i'm optimizing existing stuff and making space for the new content 🙂 Thank you for the continued support to the mod and I look forward to seeing your feedback when 1.1.3 is released!

• Like 1

Version 1.1.3 STATUS UPDATE #2
Hello all!

So we're in December and still haven't got Version 1.1.3? What's happening?! Where's the update?!
Well let me explain.
At the moment, I had planned this to be pushed out on the 6th of Dec, however we're almost 6 days due and still haven't updated. The sole reason for this is time. At the moment, almost all of the developers are super busy with life stuff, for myself and a few others, university modules are ending soon and work needs to be completed. For others, jobs are ending this year and so their work needs to be completed before the next working year.

Due to these reasons, we haven't been able to work on modding in the same time frames we had in the summer. Assets are still being made, but a lot slower than seen before. I can only apologise for this because I like to stick to deadlines and missing them sets back other projects. At this current stage, I hope to push this version out by the end of December at the latest which will feature, most importantly, the Mission Template Tool within the 3DEN Editor that will have customizable options for all users, not just Viking. There are other assets planned for the new year and a "2019 Year in review" is going to be posted sometime in the next week or two. This document will include a lot of information about what we've done this past year and what's being planned for 2020.

Again, I can only apologise for the delay but I hope you're with me that Education and Jobs come first (Not to say this mod isn't important, we sink a lot of effort into this and all for the community).

Thank you all for the ever continued support and I hope you're looking forward to seeing our plans for the next year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So it's coming up to the end of the year and I decided to put together a year in review and also give you an insight into the development planned for the next year. It has been a year of a kind and we have learnt alot through out it. A massive thank you to both the developers for their time and efforts into the mod and also to you, the players who are using the content we provide.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xnpTXTyGGyYPSTyyx8Zvynovq3uhqVgWKoIHvXg0EC4/edit#

We look forward to the upcoming year and hope you join us in this! 😄

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hope everyone has enjoyed it, here's an update on us! 😄

Version 1.1.3 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Standardized images for use.
Added: Random Arsenal Loadout Generator.

Fixed: Mission Template Tool.
Fixed: Panic Button displaying to all users.

Updated: Randomization system on image selections

Fixed: VKN_Characters not working with ACE interaction

giphy.gif

Version 1.1.4 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: Post Process Effects
Added: M9X RVMATs
Added: New Identities
Added: Fleece Uniforms
Added: Uniform Diagonal pack
Added: New cap based on offical, patch and backwards version too
Added: VKN_fnc_selectRandomIndex function

Updated: Amir Indentity with tattoo's
Updated: Uniform Loki

Fixed: Mission Template Tool with prep for next release

Added: Diagonal opscore helmets

Updated: Loki Vests
Updated: Loki Opscore helmets
Updated: M90/M98 packs (uniforms, vests, radios)

• Like 1

Hi all!

Just wanted to address the lack of an update this March. Due to the global crisis at the moment, as we all know we have been asked to work from home. While this gives devs a bit more free time to work on the mod, they still need contiune working from home. As well as this, uni work for myself and another dev hasn't changed (deadlines etc.) so we still need to be completing that. This does however mean the mod development is in a grey area. We are still planning to push updates, however they wont be scheduled until the summer (when my year is over basically). We have custom models planned for release very soon, including weapons, a new uniform and a new vehicle, all created in house. I am unsure when I will be releasing this, however I will stagger it across the time between nowe and the end of may. Obviously there will be little bits here and there in the mean time as well.

Thank you for the continued support of the mod!

Hope you all understand!

Due to an error on my part a temporary mod has been setup to allow the settings for frameworks to work without the extensions mod. This will be updated in V1.1.5, see the mod here.

Version 1.1.4.5 Released.
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: AK5C

This update bridges the gap between .4 and .5 and also acts a little sneak peak as to whats coming 😄 Hope you enjoy, we'll be disclosing more media on the new assets arriving, its a big one!

With 1000+ subscribers, I'd just like to thank each and every one of you that uses the mod and shares feedback, it really helps us progress! I hope you continue to support the mod!!

AK5C_Showcase.png

Version 1.1.5 and then 1.1.6 Released. (Mixed up changelog, sorry!)
Viking PMC Official Mod

Added: New function group, unit data (grab and set).

Added: New caps with flags.

Added: Mountain suits in various camos

Added: New function to retreive faction from a side (int format)

Fixed: Audio not playing on EC 365s

Fixed: Various backend errors to bring them up to current standards.

Fixed: Bad texture on PMC uniform

Fixed: Naming of some uniforms

Fixed: Allignment on mission template tool

Fixed: Dynamic filtering system on template tool

Fixed: squad placement on template tool

Fixed: Quick Join not working from main menu (uses CBA settings now).

Fixed: Functionary Suits being added without p3ds, still WIP until next major update.

Overhauled: Mission template tool, will work on making it more dynamic for any user to setup settings rather than predefined.

Updated: Insigina; Loki, Thor, VIS, Odin, Balder - hidden until next update due to image errors.

Removed: EC-135 (Removed on the 02/06/2020) due to IP violation.

Removed: Alive from ext. mod

Fixed: errors on FAST helmet retextures

Removed: RHS SAF from faction

Version 1.1.7 - SUPER LATE update on this fourm page, my mistake.
Viking PMC Official Mod
Added: New South African Beret

Added: Viking Logo Beret

Added: Loki Camo Boonie

Added: USA and Russian Patches for caps

Added: New function VKN_fnc_formatChange to adjust data type format with given prams. See function notes for details

Added: New weapons: AS VAL, Desert Eagle, Remington 870, SIG P226 and P250

Added: Beards with varying colours. Matched to custom faces.

Added: Headless Client support and extended support for Werthles' Headless Module

Added: Notification system on template tool that will alert user about a new update to the tool.

Fixed: Cleanup on configs in VKN_Gear

Fixed: Loki Gear

Fixed: Naming conventions on caps

Fixed: template tool not updating side from west.

Fixed: Newest factions breaking Zeus.

Overhauled: Image sizes of texture files

Removed: Textures that are no longer used

Added: New faction Modern China

Added: New Faction Taiga

Added: New Faction Legion

Added: Loki Camo Nicecomm2 LR Radio

• Like 1