PCanas

Arma 3 is messing my connection

Hello!

I recently noticed that everytime I'm in the game (full screen or windowed / SP or MP) something happens with my internet connection, or at least, with Team Speak: I start hearing everyone with very low quality and robot-like voices, lot's of "breaks" in the sound, until eventually it disconnects.

Now here's the "funny" part: it happens only if I'm IN the game. And it doesn't matter what I'm doing, I just need to be in the game, even if I'm just staring at the main menu.

But if I Alt+Tab... everything is fine.

No error messages, no BSODs, no programs stop responding, nothing major. Team Speak just starts loosing connection until it disconnects completely, and won't connect again if I don't Alt+Tab from the game (or at least it will take more time to do so).

Could it be from TS? Yes, but I doubt it, becasue it only happens with Arma 3, so lets discard that option for now.

Any idea what might be causing this?

What kind of aditional info do you need to investigate this issue?

Thanks in advance :)

Are you running teamspeak with administrator privileges? 

Yes.

The problem is recent, I started noticing it about a month ago or so.

I'm connected to my router via Wi-Fi. I think the connection is at 150Mbps. It might be from that, but it's strange because it only happens in the conditions I mentioned above, and it didn't happen before...

What changed since when it last worked? 

Nothing big or that I can remember, except I now have Arma and mods installed on a dedicated SSD. But I had the problem before, I just did that change because the disk I had before was getting too full and I couldn't play with more that 10 fps.

My internet connection is now (since December '18) 100Mbps optic fibre to the router. Router --> PC is wireless connection. Before this I had a 4G router and the only time I had this kind of problem was when the ISP made traffic shapping to my connection, but then the problem would be with everything that used internet, not just Arma and TS, so it was expected and understandable.

Is there a way for you to plug a LAN cable into your PC just to be sure? 

Well, kind of. I'd have to pass some meters of cable through the house, since the router is "fixed" on the first floor, and the computer is in the second floor.

The distance, which in s straight line might be something sround 3 or 4 m, and having a floor in between slows down the connection, obviously. However, I usually have around 60/70 Mbps of upload speed, but only 10/15 of download (in good days), which doesn't make sense, becasue the connection is exactly the same and is going via Wi-Fi both ways.

Also, I don't think that might be the problem, because as I said, it only happens with Arma and only if I'm inside the game. Right now, as I write this, I'm playing with my unit and if I alt-tab into the game, the problem shows up immeadiatly. In fact, I've disconnected about 4 times already.

Problem solved.

For some reasons my Wi-Fi board on the PC could get enought signal from the router, which is wierd because I ahd speeds like 60/70 upload and usually around 10 of downlaod. The cell phone could get a nice connection, no problem at all. It's just wierd...

Anyway, what I did was getting a Wi-Fi repeater, and connected it to the pc with a lan cable.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

• Like 1