Homesick

Arma 3 - Creator DLC Discussion

Any new effects, animations, AI adjustments, damage models/explosions/particle effect kinda things?  no offense but those are the things im always after. I see that all buildings are destructable and thats also a big deal to me. Are the houses all AI friendly?

• Like 1

I assume there will probably people who will provide video test on every DLC.

However, I hope people will make walkthrough for the SP content.

• Like 2

Agree with Wiki. I am looking at the pictures and as far as I can tell, this is TOP notch quality. But I need a video to sell me. 

Off the cuff thoughts -

Would be amazing to remake some of the classic OpFP missions with this mod  pack. Even if it was made by users.

I wish CRW2 (3) was a part of this mod to be honest. I would place my preorder right now at full price, even though I own OpFOR, all the Armas and have played or still playing the remakes.

Just a COOP mode would win me over for the campaign.

• Like 1

On this subject I would like BI to explain a bit better what we can expect. I really would not like to see how this community becomes a market of junk, literally, like other games where there are children buying skins and dance moves. Shame. We do not know for example how many DLC are expected to be published, 5, 100 ?, or if these will be exclusively expansions of the highest quality, or here anyone will try to sell us anything so that we spend hundreds of dollars.

I think it could be an interesting way to expand content while BI is dedicated to other things, but this is only good if what is offered is limited or moderate, complete expansions, and of the highest quality. This is pure shit if we are going to see campaigns at $5, missions at $2, weapons at $1, or skins at $.50.

18 minutes ago, VanZant said:

On this subject I would like BI to explain a bit better what we can expect. I really would not like to see how this community becomes a market of junk, literally, like other games where there are children buying skins and dance moves. Shame. We do not know for example how many DLC are expected to be published, 5, 100 ?, or if these will be exclusively expansions of the highest quality, or here anyone will try to sell us anything so that we spend hundreds of dollars.

I think it could be an interesting way to expand content while BI is dedicated to other things, but this is only good if what is offered is limited or moderate, complete expansions, and of the highest quality. This is pure shit if we are going to see campaigns at $5, missions at $2, weapons at $1, or skins at $.50.

Look man... for example DCS flight simulator every plane costs you additional "game" cost, from $30-60 and more dollars. Here you already got 5 years of substantial free patches and many many new content - for free, too. Even Apex objects and vegetation became part of the original game for guys not buying the Apex with new Tanoa map. Isn't that a lot?
New DLCs can be standalone like Arrowhead in A2. Teams can use them for one even, then disable it for the next one... if it proves that we get "a whole new experience" why wouldn't a dedicated arma player fork out 3-4 pizzas for it?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I have no problem to pay for quality content. And I will. For example, if any video or additional information confirms what MONDKALB has shown us, I will buy the DLC, for sure. My problem is with the system itself, if at the end it becomes a place where everyone tries to sell you everything and then, the community as we know it simply dissapears (It is an exaggeration obviously). Why to share a mission or a mod with the community if other people are making money selling it? That's my concerning. I'm almost sure this is not the case but BI has not make absolutely clear what type of content is going to sell as Creator DLC, or how many of them.

5 hours ago, icebreakr said:

I really would not like to see how this community becomes a market of junk, literally, like other games where there are children buying skins and dance moves

Isn't this first DLC already proof that we aren't looking at a feature of skins and dance moves? Hell, this first DLC might as well have been nothing but vehicle reskins. That's certainly enough "new content" for other companies out there to justify.

• Like 3

nice dlc. hope it wont turn into a future of paid mods/ community store. reminds me of that 83 game that is coming out from tripwire. 

Have i missed something in regards to advertising the release of the DLC?I only found out thru reading these forums.Maybe a pm advertising the release would be good?

25 minutes ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Have i missed something in regards to advertising the release of the DLC?I only found out thru reading these forums.Maybe a pm advertising the release would be good?

It's been advertised on /r/arma, on the Arma Discord, on the Arma Twitter, presumably on the Arma Facebook, on the Arma website, and I expect there will be an advert of some kind on Steam when it actually releases.

I'm not sure how much more you expect them to do. This has had the same level of propaganda as any other A3 DLC - more, in fact, since CDLCs in general were announced months ago, and the GM devs have been actively talking to the community about it since it was announced.

12 minutes ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

lol,i dont use social media.iam oldschool.:)

It's also been advertised within A3's launcher...

This is how they took and threw the Supporter Edition owners ..
Bravo!
On my server, this DLC will not. Fundamentally.
---
Вот так вот взяли и кинули владельцев Supporter Edition..
Браво!
На моем сервере этого DLC не будет. Принципиально.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 6:19 AM, icebreakr said:

Look man... for example DCS flight simulator every plane costs you additional "game" cost, from $30-60 and more dollars. Here you already got 5 years of substantial free patches and many many new content - for free, too. Even Apex objects and vegetation became part of the original game for guys not buying the Apex with new Tanoa map. Isn't that a lot?
New DLCs can be standalone like Arrowhead in A2. Teams can use them for one even, then disable it for the next one... if it proves that we get "a whole new experience" why wouldn't a dedicated arma player fork out 3-4 pizzas for it?

This^^^ is a great response. I was a Alpha tester for Planetside 2, bought the $40 Beta package for a game that was to be free to play. Then pitched in membership. All of that money spent and I still have a LOT less content of weapons, skins and boosts compared to what this DLC will offer.

2 hours ago, P.P said:

This is how they took and threw the Supporter Edition owners ..
Bravo!
On my server, this DLC will not. Fundamentally.
---
Вот так вот взяли и кинули владельцев Supporter Edition..
Браво!
На моем сервере этого DLC не будет. Принципиально.

They said all honestly))) But I buy this. 

I know some people disagree with this Creator DLC thing.

However, as SP guy, I find we lack A LOT good SP content.

Of course, there are plenty of missions and campaigns on the workshop but

1. Most of them are designed to be coop and not SP
  2. The quality is not very good
  3. They often require tons of mods

So, if Creator DLC allow people to release good, decent and high quality missions and campaign, I think that's for the best.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Wiki said:

I know some people disagree with this Creator DLC thing.

However, as SP guy, I find we lack A LOT good SP content.

Of course, there are plenty of missions and campaigns on the workshop but

1. Most of them are designed to be coop and not SP
  2. The quality is not very good
  3. They often require tons of mods

So, if Creator DLC allow people to release good, decent and high quality missions and campaign, I think that's for the best.

Hi,

i beg your pardon but i'm french and my english level is really poor !

I'm really disagree with you! Cause in workshop there are several mission creator mods !!

They works perfectly !!

Have you seen the price of this DLC ??? Shocking !!

Maybe this dlc, and the nexts, are a big reason for BI to not develop anything else before longtime !! They can wait quietly !!

6 years !!!! I really appreciate Arma III (more 920 hours of playing is a good beginning ) but it's really aging graphically ! (it's not a problem from my graphics card, i have a RTX2070)

It's time to go to the next generation !! BI must progress and stops resting totally on his community !!

At them to work !! I think they have money, and really good, so :

BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE : GO WORK !!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, coucoudemaline said:

Hi,

i beg your pardon but i'm french and my english level is really poor !

I'm really disagree with you! Cause in workshop there are several mission creator mods !!

They works perfectly !!

Have you seen the price of this DLC ??? Shocking !!

Maybe this dlc, and the nexts, are a big reason for BI to not develop anything else before longtime !! They can wait quietly !!

6 years !!!! I really appreciate Arma III (more 920 hours of playing is a good beginning ) but it's really aging graphically ! (it's not a problem from my graphics card, i have a RTX2070)

It's time to go to the next generation !! BI must progress and stops resting totally on his community !!

At them to work !! I think they have money, and really good, so :

BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE : GO WORK !!!!

That's not what I said

I would get this, because I like arma and have all the other dlc's. But the one thing holding me back is just how this doesn't load and integrate like all the others. Instead from what i've heard it does so more like a mod. Thus I can't have it on and just hope into a normal server, instead i have to have it on or off based on if the server allows it or not. I hope that can be something sorted out, because frankly that's one of the big appeals for the arma dlc's.

At the moment with the static tripod ATGMs, when you exit the weapon you are forced into a standing stance. This can be very frustrating when trying to maintain stealth. Would be great if this was fixed so you can stay prone once leaving the weapon.

I don't have a problem with the Creator DLC format. GM had me with "Cold War" and "SP Campaign". I'm not all that interested in MP and with nothing really on the horizon as far as Cold War SP games are concerned, it was an easy decision for me to make the purchase. I hated the futuristic focus of A3 from the beginning and only purchased it because I knew that the mod scene would come up with good contemporary and historic mods and missions/campaigns for it. Likewise, I only purchased APEX for the missions and campaigns that I would find interesting that would require the terrain or additional assets. Other than APEX, this is the only other A3 DLC that I've purchased. I actually purchased all of the DLC for A2 but will only purchase any future DLC's for A3 if they are similarly focused on contemporary warfare or historic warfare (real or hypothetical). If you think about it, BIS could have avoided the arguments concerning these paid Creator DLCs by licensing out the A3 engine for completely separate games like they did with Iron Front on the A2 engine and then anyone that wanted to play would have had to pay the $40+ that a separate game would cost. I'm actually glad to be able to add this to A3 without the hassle of installing and configuring a completely separate game (and at half the cost) and if some of the talented mod makers out there get paid in the process, then that's perfectly fine as well. This actually gives some incentive to some of those mod teams to keep up the hard work because they have the potential to actually get paid for that hard work in the future. We all know that numerous interesting looking mods eventually die due to lack of motivation, loss of interest or lack of time to invest. I also don't understand the complaints about the cost. I believe that APEX was and still is rather expensive considering the content (or lack of IMO) that is included but at roughly $23 regular price (currently 10% off on Steam), I think that GM is a good deal. I just hope that the community continues to step up and create additional content for it, especially SP content.

BTW, I'm curious to know if there is any information out there concerning additional Creator DLCs that are in the works? I can think of a few long running projects (*cough* "CSLA" *cough*) that are in the works that might benefit the teams creating them and even those interested (I'm thinking more polished and extensive content) in them if they actually switched to a commercial format.

We all remember the situation with YuEmod and that it was removed from forum because of beggin money from community. Yesterday i saw his post in vk.com with video of his content and he said that he sent this video to Bohemia Interactive and wants his mod to became new Creator DLC. Is this true and someone can confirm it?