mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

Sorry for the offtop, please tell me what was the official name of the quality maintain sign for the NVA aircrafts?

Hello guys, please really need help.

How to turn "Sprayer On"  which is heli action menu, of civil MI-2R, but via script? I looked in CfgVehicles, but was unable to find..

GM is a beautiful Base for  to recreate a mod for BF2, Operation Peacekeeper the maps was very funny the problems are the serbian vehicles

19 hours ago, FoxtrotF said:

Hello guys, please really need help.

How to turn "Sprayer On"  which is heli action menu, of civil MI-2R, but via script? I looked in CfgVehicles, but was unable to find..

Hello!

For the Mi-2R

Turn on:
[this, false, 'gm_spray_water_dummy',[0,-2.4,-0.95],false] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

Turn off:
[this, true] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

For the Mi-2CH it is doable via:

Turn On:
[this] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

Turn Off:

I hope this helps! 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Hello!

For the Mi-2R

Turn on:
[this, false, 'gm_spray_water_dummy',[0,-2.4,-0.95],false] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

Turn off:

For the Mi-2CH it is doable via:

Turn On:
[this] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

Turn Off:

I hope this helps! 🙂

Thank you so much! This little feature is awesome for cinematic and unitPlay!

• Thanks 2

Is it just me or is AI path finding borked on Weferlingen? They seem to bunch up at the border east of Querenhorst when moving from just south of Klein Sisbeck for me.

there is a plan/idea to add towed artillery?(m198? D20?) thanks in advance
never mind

with GM 1.4 I'm wondering if possible make a Endgame mission for special forces or a Vanguard (with nuclear warhead for the Frog 7 rocket) both PVP mission. Even the Goldfinger mod fits well in this scenario

arma3_creatordlc_gm_update1_4_screenshot

They still do have loader seats. The KPz 1's Loader seat can only be accessed from the outside. The T-55 I just checked and it is indeed something unusual that the T-55's loader now can also only be accessed from the outside. We streamlined the setup a bit and this probably happened by accident for the T-55. For the KPz1 it is correct that it can only be entered from the outside and not switched to from an inner seat. Thanks!

• Like 2

The new vehicles are very exciting! I want to make a coop mission where the players need to take out a 2P16 short-range ballistic missile launcher before it fires its missile but I don't know what code will make it fire.

I wish to give it a position to hit and have it raise the missile and fire if the players fail.  I think watching a missile lifting off at twilight would be awesome!

To make the launcher raise the missile and assume a ready-to-fire position, use the lookAt script command:

gunner LaunchVehicle lookAt getPos targetHelper;

LaunchVehicle being the variable name assigned to the the 2P16 vehicle, and targetHelper being the variable name assigned to a helper object like a helper-sphere or some other small object. Place that in the air high above the ground in front of the vehicle. 50m in front and 50m up for example. The LaunchVehicle will then raise the missile and aim at it. Don't forget to make that sphere object invisible to hide it. 🙂

To actually fire it you can use doArtilleryFire script command:

LaunchVehicle doArtilleryFire [getPos realTarget, "gm_1Rnd_luna_he_3r9", 1]

realTarget being the variable name assigned to a helper object that is located where the missile shall hit.

Also, if you want to equip the bigger missile instead of the HE-FRAG one that is loaded by default, you can run this code:

LaunchVehicle removeMagazinesTurret ["gm_1Rnd_luna_he_3r9",[0]]; 
LaunchVehicle removeWeaponTurret ["gm_luna_launcher",[0]]; 
LaunchVehicle addMagazineTurret ["gm_1Rnd_luna_nuc_3r10",[0]]; 
LaunchVehicle addWeaponTurret ["gm_luna_launcher",[0]];

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi folks,

i love your addon it is what i ever wanted to have for arma 3 and i played it a lot.

i have some questions about some issiues i have.

Is it possible to lock the turret when youre outside view?(no movement of the turret and gun) since version 1.4 the artillerie tank M109 does lock the turret.

it would be awesome if the other tanks (leo, t55, gepard, marder, fla slf 23, bmp ect) also can lock the turret 

is there any solution to make the tanks boarded with 4 soldiers (driver gunner gun loader commander)

on the leopard when outsideview the hatch is not opened. it means the soldier who is outside glitches throug the turret hatch.

i hope my questions arent so stupid.

have a nice day

Good day! First of all, I would like to thank all the creators of this modification - this is the best addition to "Arma 3". I hope the development of the project will continue, now there is an imbalance of factions - the BRD army in the 80s, and the DDR more in the 70s. For example, the East really lacks light anti-tank armored vehicles based on the BRDM and the T-72 tank. I would like to wait for these machines in the game. As well as the Mi-8 helicopter. It would strike a balance.

P.S.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, soulboy666 said:

on the leopard when outsideview the hatch is not opened. it means the soldier who is outside glitches throug the turret hatch.

There is such a trouble. With T-55 hatches, the same problem. The modification has very few bugs (which is great), and this makes the problem with tank hatches even more noticeable.

I wish the authors every success in life and work. Guys, you are the best!

With the last update the penetration on the G36 rifle model was changed. I think this should actually be reversed. Most parts of guns are not bulletproof to rifle or even pistol calibers. Since it may be hard to do diffrent properties for barrel/ bolt carrier group and the rest of the rifles I think all rifles should be changed so you can actually perforate them with small arms fire. That would be also more in line with the vanilla game rifles.

IRL you would probably be smoked wearing no body armor if the gun you are holding is hit even if the bullet doesnt perforate the gun because of secondary projectiles of the gun itself.

At least if you are holding it close to the body. Although IRL bullets may deflect off the gun.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a question - is there a reason why there are no flak vests (the 1990s ones) in Tropentarn instead of Flecktarn?

Hello GM team!

Yesterday I installed the Global Mobilization DLC and I was surprised, how buggy the tracked vehicles are in this DLC.

Just place a Shilka in an open field and control it.

You will jump, jump, jump on the flat place and eventually even you will have a chance to do a somersault!

How can a user shoot constantly while jumping? The player can't aim because he periodically jumps! This will annoy the player.

I tried other tracked vehicles. Any tracked vehicles will bounce endlessly to varying degrees and roll over on level ground! 

Even after this flip, they will keep twitching and bouncing:

I want to tell, that today and unfortunately, after three year life and support  this DLC the tracked vehicles in the Global Mobilization DLC are completely unplayable content, while it's paid DLC! 

I don't understand how this happened? Can anyone tell me why, as of 2022 this still hasn't been fixed? Maybe after this post, someone will notice it?

Yes, in Global Mobilization DLC, from utside, all tracked vehicles look on the highest level,  but are functional, against the background of the vanilla quality of tracked vehicles, it looks as not playable.

For comparison, I did tests with vanilla tracked vehicles in same Weferlingen map and it worked stably, without any problems. 

I checked hard it again and again, trying to see the any bug, but it didn't happen!

I know that in the past, vanilla tracked vehicles could also sometimes bounce, but fortunately, I have not observed such bugs for a long time. 

Probably BIS still fixed this problem, also I use the Anti-Bounce System (ABS) mod (which smoothes but does not completely fix the problem) and I completely forgot about such a problem, for vanilla tracked vehicles!

After what I saw, a purely spontaneous question arises - why don't you guys just copy the configs from the vanilla vehicles and paste them into the Global Mobilization DLC tracked vehicles?

It seems to me that this would save your DLC from problems.

GM team, I think you need to neutralize this problem,  otherwise your beautifully modeled vehicles are simply not usable( What's the point of them if they can't be used without problems?

I hope you take care of this problem since vanilla vehicles have already forgotten about this problem, this is a solvable question.

If you don't believe me, then put on your map vanilla tanks vs your tanks and compare their stability.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, mickeymen said:

Hello GM team!

Yesterday I installed the Global Mobilization DLC and I was surprised, how buggy the tracked vehicles are in this DLC.

Just place a Shilka in an open field and control it.

You will jump, jump, jump on the flat place and eventually even you will have a chance to do a somersault!

This is caused by the "Bullet Casings" mod to my knowledge, it's not fault of the GM devs it's just that this mod isn't configured to not collide with GM vehicles, unlike vanilla vehicles.

Essentially the mod creates a casing whenever a shell of that Shilka is fired, the shell is placed inside the tank so the tank "collides" with it and sort of gets "pushed up" by it, it's funny physics behaviour.

This Mod is the cause.

To the devs:

All of the SPz1 (Marder) and SpPz2 (Luchs) variants do not engage aircraft (Planes, Helicopters) at all when crewed by AI, they follow aircraft with the turret and gun but never fire. I've tested this without any mods and without being in the command structure of the vehicle (not being the tank commander)

The Gepard and mounted MG3 engage aircraft just fine.

• Thanks 1

Good work on new RC, the AKs models look vastly better. Plus other new gear and weapons as well.

Could you please reduce visual recoil of G3 versions in 7,62x51?

The iron sights jumps too much into the screen, feels like it's gonna pop players eye out.

In that split second of recoil the rifle goes too fast back and forward, it gives "lag" like effect instead of smooth visual recoil.

Screenshot_2023-04-04_204828.jpg

IIRC in Arma the appearance of recoil is tied to the actual weapon recoil - so to get rid of that "in your face" effect (which is present even on some vanilla guns, especially GPMGs from the Marksmen DLC), you'd need to "nerf" G3 recoil. Or more like "buff" it, since it'd make the gun easier to shoot - and that'd be rather controversial choice IMO, as G3 is a kicking mule of a gun.

• Like 1

Good day for all!

As far as I understand, this update has only been uploaded to the Dev Branch/

Can anyone tell, when the 1.5 update will be in the stable branch?

On 10/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, Felix.Z said:

This is caused by the "Bullet Casings" mod to my knowledge, it's not fault of the GM devs it's just that this mod isn't configured to not collide with GM vehicles, unlike vanilla vehicles.

Essentially the mod creates a casing whenever a shell of that Shilka is fired, the shell is placed inside the tank so the tank "collides" with it and sort of gets "pushed up" by it, it's funny physics behaviour.

This Mod is the cause.

Many thanks You gave me useful information! I namelly had this mod!

I also assume that it will have a bad effect on RHS vehicles, because sometimes they had weird physics also!

As soon as I removed it, I stopped seeing small bouncing of RHS vehicles.

Thus, I do not advise anyone to use Bullet Casings.

18 hours ago, mickeymen said:

Good day for all!

As far as I understand, this update has only been uploaded to the Dev Branch/

Can anyone tell, when the 1.5 update will be in the stable branch?

Many thanks You gave me useful information! I namelly had this mod!

I also assume that it will have a bad effect on RHS vehicles, because sometimes they had weird physics also!

As soon as I removed it, I stopped seeing small bouncing of RHS vehicles.

Thus, I do not advise anyone to use Bullet Casings.

If I understood your situation correctly. You had other mods enabled at the same time when you were having that bug in GM. So you decided not to first disable other mods and then test GM mod/DLC, but instead you came here and wrote a strong critic how it's GM devs mistake for something you made on your own end? That is totally uncool from you.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:36 PM, FoxFort said:

That is totally uncool from you.

Dude, I'm not going to look cool.

The main thing is that you look cool)

Second, did you tell me that I had other mods enabled!? Maybe can you imagine playing Arma 3 without mods/dlc/additional corrective content?

I, like 99% of community users, have those enabled, because Arma3 in 2023 without this all is not playable content.

PS: In addition, I want to say that when I wrote about the GM error in which tanks turn over, I turned off all mods.
But I still got these errors! It just wasn't related specifically to ZSU-23.

Not sure if this is the right place - maybe official missions...

Really enjoying the Force Recon mission, however I've found that the camera is struggling to identify and award recon points for photos of AAF vehicles.

Also are you planning on adding an official server running Force Recon? - I think you should!!

Thanks