mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

2 hours ago, Ex3B said:

So I went ahead and bought the DLC on sale, its like 1-2 beers at a bar, so why not.

I guess some things were done in the interest of "realism", but there are some things with the tanks that just end up being awkward.

* For the leopard variants with TI (TI isnpt realistic though is it?), its awkward that the normal key to change vision modes doesn't work, and instead using the zoom key will switch between vision modes (which have different zooms).

* Switching to the loader's hatch, and having to choose to take the mg3. I couldn't seem to switch directly from the inside of the tank the the loader's seat. It seems to me that a system like Arma 2's M1A2 TUSK would just be easier to deal with.

* Having to press reload after firing each shot, a bit annoying.

* FCS working for the main gun and not the coaxial MG... I understand that its realistic, but it also seems realistic that one could still use the rangefinder for the mainguns to get the range to a target that you'll engage with the machinegun.Its a bit annoying to switch to the main gun, get the range, switch back the the mg3, then set the range...

But nothing major...

Regarding the PT-7B: I thought arma's engine can't have amphibious tracked vehicles using physX, does this mean the PT-76B does not use physX?

As far as I remember, tracked vehicles did never use PhysX  SDK in ArmA III,. hence the extreme physics difference in game compared to wheeled vehicles.

What i rather noticed is moslty issues with sound resultign in using default BIS engien sounds fpr ther new planes. While the engien sound is good enough for the Do-28, the LET needs a turbine sound. Also both planes go all to silent when the engien is off, no wind, no ground rumble. THe LUchs is missing all wheel steering and the Engine is much to dominant, The real vehicle is almost silent except for full throttle and most of the tiem it was Brakes and tyres you heard way over gearbox noise and engine, at least from outside.

Hey guys,

i found a Bug with the MI-2. In advanced flight model the tail rotor strikes the Ground far before it really touches the Ground. In Fact the helicopter may not bank up at all. With the Standart Flight model everything is fine. 

Thank you guys for this beautyfull DLC. And i raise my head to the Team that designed the Map. It really Matches the real Area just great. 

Greetings Chop

There are no plans to decrypt the files. Also there is no need for this. The texture samples are available here. And the files for terrain editing are available here.
If anything else requires legitimate access, please let us know and we will see what we can do to resolve.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:04 AM, mondkalb said:

The texture samples are available here. ...
If anything else requires legitimate access, please let us know and we will see what we can do to resolve.

Cool that there are tex samples available. One thing I had wanted to do was make a CSAT reskin of the pt-76 and bmp (since csats only amphibious armored vehicle is very weak compared to other amphibious/airmobile vehicles)

I haven't had time to check (new baby at home), but have slingload points been configured for the bmps/pt-76? I nnote that the real bmp-1 has a mass below the mass limit of the taru.

Also (again, because I lack time to check), does the epbo prevent making a new vehicle config for one of the gm vehicles- for example if I wanted to make a pt-76 variant that fits better with the vanilla vehicles/2035 setting?

Lastly... I would love to see a bmd-1 or bmd-2

Thanks for the last update with the helicopters! I do have one question about the big transport chopper. I lower the ramp and we are able to drive a jeep up into the Helicopter but if we try to take off with a vehicle loaded the chopper explodes! 

What am I missing?

Do you know that the NVA helmet M56 and the shoes of the NVA soldiers in the GM-Mod looks like horrible ?  I suggest to look after the M56 helmet from Marseille 77 from the Arma 2 NVA packet.

• Confused 1

Hi,

I am currently working on a mod that brings GM assets to an 80s Tanoa setting. I am planning to reskin the BDU, however I took a quick peek at the texture templates but could not find one for the BDU - maybe I am missing something?

Best regards,

quarren

On 6/26/2020 at 11:43 PM, mondkalb said:

The overall weapon values are following the same reasoning of using their correct penetration powers.

Putting a T-55 up against the Slammer is going to be a very uneven match, no doubt. For context: The design of the Leopard 1 was influenced by the expectation that AT weapons and missiles would continue to become so powerful that further uparmoring tanks is not feasible (ATGMs with penetration powers approaching 1000mm with HOT and TOW missiles). As a result the Leo 1 is a tank that traded armor away to gain speed and agility. It can easily reach 70km/h in cross country drive in Arma 3, same as a T-100.
Additioanlly GM includes old period-appropriate ammo as well and modern rounds for the 105mm, so with a Leopard 1A5 (roughly from the 1990s) you can definitely deal serious damage and be effective against the modern assets in CSAT.
Also keep in mind that the Vanilla assets are not necessarily geared towards realism, but rather towards gameplay and fair matchups. GM assets seek to recreate the vehicle simulation as closely as possible....

Hello GM team,

I've been using ballistic mods since ARMA 2 + ACE days, and now ARMA 3 + ACE + Universal Ammo System ballistics, and I only just noticed this due to comments from others.

So my general question is that within GM mod, have all the ballistics been adjusted relatively to each other based on real world performance? 9mm, 5.56, 7.68, etc... Were the ARMA 6.5 also recalibrated?

I am an accuracy nut... I love to see how AKs tear up a car and brick and mortal obstacles with enemies behind it.

Just wondering.

I do see GM - recalibrated mods that detunes GM to vanilla ARMA ballistics. I would like to see the reverse where all the basic ARMA 3 ballistics inherit based on GM and referenced.

@Valken

In GM we tried to achieve a degamified experience when it comes to ammo ballistics and damage. We based all of the behavior on real-world performance, with the main focus being the penetration capability and velocity at a specific distance (this is what we can configure). For large caliber weapons (cal .50 +) we used the RHA penetration capability while for smaller caliber weapons we used whatever was available (usually wood panels, concrete, or ballistic gel penetration capabilities). We are using the vanilla penetrability values for these materials to ensure compatibility with Vanilla structures/assets. In addition to that, the velocity at the chosen penetration distance (and the muzzle velocity) is used to calculate the air friction of the individual projectiles. Due to the nature of how the ballistic system works, the values might not be 100% precise at distances closer or further away from the chosen reference distance, but overall it is fairly close. From these values, we can easily extract a "hit" value.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2020 at 5:43 PM, mondkalb said:

Heya,

A dynamic AI Airport Object is included in 1.2 exactly as you described. So that should provide the capability to create airports for AI anywhere.
About the 5km -> 3mi, this makes a lot of sense is likely the origin of the confusion. That's a really plausible connection!
The overall weapon values are following the same reasoning of using their correct penetration powers.

Putting a T-55 up against the Slammer is going to be a very uneven match, no doubt. For context: The design of the Leopard 1 was influenced by the expectation that AT weapons and missiles would continue to become so powerful that further uparmoring tanks is not feasible (ATGMs with penetration powers approaching 1000mm with HOT and TOW missiles). As a result the Leo 1 is a tank that traded armor away to gain speed and agility. It can easily reach 70km/h in cross country drive in Arma 3, same as a T-100.
Additioanlly GM includes old period-appropriate ammo as well and modern rounds for the 105mm, so with a Leopard 1A5 (roughly from the 1990s) you can definitely deal serious damage and be effective against the modern assets in CSAT.
Also keep in mind that the Vanilla assets are not necessarily geared towards realism, but rather towards gameplay and fair matchups. GM assets seek to recreate the vehicle simulation as closely as possible.

About the various weapon values and their behaviour, you can check them even out before a purchase!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1776428269

This allows you to check out the content in the editor with the standard DLC restrictions that mostly only allow passive use. So you can use this to do some target practice and to examine the assets through the config browser, too.

In regards to that post  -  if you were to put a Slammer up against a T-55  -  lets say in a scenario where US/ British Special Forces clear a path for Israeli tanks to advance on Rebell positions and these Rebells happened to command T-55 tanks, Glob Mob reskins, in thiscase a reskin from this excellent piece of art: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1737435871
If one were to do this.. my finding was, that what ensues is indeed quite an "uneven match", for a single T-55 may well completely obliterate any number of Slammer/ Merkavas - while with the exception perhaps(?) the T140 Angara - Vanilla vehicles don't stand a chance against Glob Mob tanks. A Slammer for instance needs approx. 4 to 8 shots to where the T-55's ammunition should be stored, till the T-55's crew will decide to leave the vehicle, whereas the T-55 either takes one shot (especially the AMB variant with the Bastion ATGM) or at most four to blow up any enemy tank, with the exception of the T140, maybe, depending on the distance.

In line with those experiences, one can imagine, that mixing Glob Mob tanks with RHS vehicles results in. . even more uneven matches..  is maybe something off on my end?
Or have other people witnessed a similar behaviour?

Does anyone, with probably more insight into the topic, have any ideas as to why I might have had such experiences?
I had hoped that the approach Glob Mob and RHS took in regards to armoured vehicles would be similar enough, that I could use Glob Mob vehicles in RHS assisted scenarios or vice versa.

What I noticed was, that in general certain types of armour "work better" - or worse against Glob Mob tanks - for example an RHS T-72B(1/ obrig. 1985) was nigh invincible for either Leopard or T-55, while an T-72B3M or T-80/T-90 would be killed almost instantly.
An M1A1 AIM on the other hand would burst into flames after a single AP round from the T-55, maybe two from the Leopard 1A3 (isn't the Leopard 1A3 supposed to have a better main gun than the T-55?), while an M1A2 TUSK might prove more resilient, depending on where shots land (except for the bastion missile, which will kill anything in a single shot, apart from the Angara of all tanks).
I would love to use Glob Mob vehicles in conjunction with others (mainly RHS), because they're just so beautiful and immersing with their attention to detail.
Any insight or share of experiences much appreciated!

Best regards as always 🙂

1 hour ago, alessiomoreno said:

If one were to do this.. my finding was, that what ensues is indeed quite an "uneven match", for a single T-55 may well completely obliterate any number of Slammer/ Merkavas - while with the exception perhaps(?) the T140 Angara - Vanilla vehicles don't stand a chance against Glob Mob tanks. A Slammer for instance needs approx. 4 to 8 shots to where the T-55's ammunition should be stored, till the T-55's crew will decide to leave the vehicle, whereas the T-55 either takes one shot (especially the AMB variant with the Bastion ATGM) or at most four to blow up any enemy tank, with the exception of the T140, maybe, depending on the distance.

Couldn't one edit the glob mob T-55 config to have a lower armor value, and to use the vanilla 105mn cannon (yes yes, this is not OFP, it should be a 100mm cannon).

Is it a problem of failures to penetrate the t-55 armor, or simply that the t-55 can take a lot of damage even if the shots do penetrate?

Does the kuma's gun do any better? The 125mm of the t-100/140?

What about the pt-76b though, surely that cannot take on slammers

14 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

If one were to do this.. my finding was, that what ensues is indeed quite an "uneven match", for a single T-55 may well completely obliterate any number of Slammer

I cannot confirm this finding.

The following test environment:
4x M2A1 Slammer vs 1x T-55 (Player) at ~1000m.
All shots done using the AP ammo, not HEAT.
7h5w9ah.png
What happens is that the AI M2A1 generally miss their first shot and overshoot (Might be my AI settings), but the second shot directly takes me out.
Meanwhile I as the Gunner in the T-55 know the distance and can exactly range and land a first hit. I can hit the M2A1's main gun and damage it so that the enemy cannot aim anymore. This is absolutely possible for a 100mm shell at 1.0km distance.
So from here on I'll disregard the claim about "any number of M2A1 vs T-55" and that the T-55 will emerge victorious. I cannot find any proof for this in my testing.

1v1 T-55
In a 1v1 where I purposefully not shoot to disable the gun but instead try to hit the turret of the M2A1 I am able to inflict 14% of damage to the enemy tank after 4 rounds to the turret.
When I do nothing and just sit for the Slammer to shoot me, it had finally hit me with the second shot and destroyed my tank's engine via a frontal penetration shot that went all the way through the tank. This happens around 60% of the cases (I tried 10 times). In the other cases the 120mm does damage but ricochets off the front glacis.
myRuwzU.png
You can see here the first shot completely went over, and the second went through the hull and destroyed the engine, inflicting a mobility kill of the vehicle. The Diag message there (part of diag_toggle "shot" in the devbranch) tells us that the slammer's projectile travelled a 721cm distance from first entry until full stop within the engine block.

1v1 T-55AM2(B)
Pairing it up against the T-55AM2 the scenario changes the outcome slightly for me, in that the AI M2A1 needs to hit my tank's turret three times to cause a catastrophic kill. (As a player I can one-shot the T-55AM2 with a center hit to the turret) For me to kill the M2A1 it took 7 damage-dealing hits to the turret/front. I am not able to cause the M2A1 to explode with two frontal hits by using the Bastion ATGM. When I play as the M2A1 and shoot the T-55AM2, I am able to cause a catastrophic kill with two hits to the turret, and force the crew out with one hit through the lower tank hull.

1v1 Leopard 1A3 vs RHS T-72B ('85)
Indeed I am not able to deal damage to the front of the T-72. This is as expected.

The same happens when engaging a T-90 ('92) and T-80B.

1v1 Leopard 1A5 vs RHS T-72B ('85)
I am able to deal damage to the T-72 in such a way that the crew disembarks after one shot. This is expected (the Leo1's DM63 is quite powerful and can penetrate the T-72s center turret and hull sections)

The same happens when engaging a T-80B. The T-90 ('92) does not appear to take any damage and the crew cannot be forced out. The Main Gun can be destroyed though.

PT-76B vs M2A1
The HEAT ammo deals most often no damage (Expected) except for the occasional turret-top hit. This can happen due to the strong arching trajectory of the 76mm at 1000m. The HVAP ammo deals more reliably damage, but in very small amounts of 4-5% per hit.

-------------------

14 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

In line with those experiences, one can imagine, that mixing Glob Mob tanks with RHS vehicles results in. . even more uneven matches..  is maybe something off on my end?

According to my tests just now (And also some early day feedback from RHS members) it can be said that GM and RHS tanks/weapons interact with each other as expected. This means that there is an appropriate reaction to the armor protection values and ammo penetration power of vehicles and weapons on both sides.

Have you checked that you are not unknowingly running any mods that modify ammo and armor values? Perhaps some addon that you are not aware of is located in the Arma3\Addons folder so it always is loaded. Perhaps ACE mod? We repeatedly hear that the ACE mod seems to change how GM ammo deals damage, but that is (I hope understandably) beyond our control.

• Like 5

Hey, currently the DLC only supports English and German, I would like to ask if there are plans to support more languages in the future?

Wow. Amazing content release. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: GM is what Arma3 should have been on release.

-k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks! For context: The 1.3 update is now released. Find the OPREP here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@mondkalb

One suggestion, the Leopard 1 tanks should have gunner periscope view in different place, at the moment it seems to be placed over the gun mantlet, and not where periscope is phisically placed on the turret roof. In general it seems that sights view are placed not where sights are in reality.

XypjZxx.jpg

Otherwise great job with latest patch. 🙂

Heya, yes this is known. We assumed it was an engine limitation that a given turret can only have a single optics memory point that all vision modes share. However there is a hidden engine technology that allows to specify optics memory-points per vision mode. We were made aware of this only yesterday. So it's known and fixable, yes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mondkalb said:

Heya, yes this is known. We assumed it was an engine limitation that a given turret can only have a single optics memory point that all vision modes share. However there is a hidden engine technology that allows to specify optics memory-points per vision mode. We were made aware of this only yesterday. So it's known and fixable, yes.

Great! So the same can be done for other vehicles as well. 🙂

hi, does anyone know how i activate the smoke generator of the Mi-2Ch and the sprayer of the Mi-2P? it should be activated by the ai.
and are there some other scripts / commands for global mobilization?

Hello! The smoke generator on the Mi-2Ch can be activated via script this way:

Turn On:
[this] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

Turn Off:
[this, true] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

For the Mi-2R's sprayer it works similarly:

Activate:
[this, false, 'gm_spray_water_dummy',[0,-2.4,-0.95],false] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

Deactivate:
[this, true] call gm_countermeasures_fnc_engine_smoke_toggle

• Like 5

the Marder is a stunning work! the amount of details on interiors the camo the animations on the hatchs all is a top notch!
Panzerfaust 3 is fantastic!

• Thanks 1

I don't think enough praise has been given for the pseudo-interiors added to some of the armoured vehicles in GM. It is a super smart system that I wish more mods adopted. Essentially, what you get are the portholes with the interior itself being blacked out.  This gives the crew both a sense of space and adds useful viewpoints to look through.An excellent compromise between the immense effort of redoing vehicle interiors universally for a mod, and the simple, actual gameplay utility 3D-interiors are meant to give. 

-k

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3