mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

Sorry for spilling sewage in this topic, i should have done more research. Apparently i should have referred to "CBA magazine compatibility" instead of MagazineWells. I have found a mod in the workshop that adds CBA magazine compatibility to the CDLC and this resolves most if not all issues i was trying to point out in my previous post.

Awesome news. No matter what everyone and their neighbours were complaining about, I liked GM from the beginning, as I was expecting a few flaws. Keep up the good work, guys. 

On 8/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, GalComT said:

GM makes full use of magazineWells for every single weapon in the addon since the first release. Can you please elaborate on what exactly it is you are expecting to be able to do?

Is that really the case, also for vanilla ArmA weapons I mean?
I do not know if I'm wrong, but I can not swap the GM RPG ammo with the Apex RPG ammo, for example or load the GM AK Magazine into the Apex / Contact AKs and vice versa.
As I said, maybe I'm wrong here, but I suspect that you should actually be able to use the magzine in the other weapons, since they are the same weapons (classes).
I'm playing on the Dev branch, so maybe I have not got the latest GM update yet.

By the way, the next update looks pretty cool 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to point out that I am incredibly excited and unimaginably grateful for your expansion of the T-55 family of tanks!
This is awesome news - think I'm gonna purchase half a dozen copies of GM -  such goodness!!

On top of the variety of tanks, I actually am glad you didn't (yet) include versions with ERA, so that if you or anyone chooses to
add those - it's possible to choose between liveries with and without ERA.
Will the new vehicles also be incorporated into you Takistan faction modification?

And last but not least: Do you plan on enhancing the night time combat experience with e.g. functioning IR-(flood)lights
and IR sights?

Stoked to see you continue in this manner either way!

• Like 1

Hey Alessiomoreno,

we are happy that you are excited about the upcoming update!

As for your questions and comments.
- At first there wont be the ERA version of the T55 (T-55 AMV) as it was not used by east germany, if at some point we will introduce the AMV is unknown at this point.

- Yes new assets will role over into the GMX addons (Takistan and AAF, potentialy mroe in the future)
- We are unfortunatly limited by the possibilites the engine gives us at this point as we dont have engine support available, we do however have some ideas floating arround of how the night fighting capailities could be improved in a satisfying way.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GalComT said:

Hey Alessiomoreno,

we are happy that you are excited about the upcoming update!

As for your questions and comments.
- At first there wont be the ERA version of the T55 (T-55 AMV) as it was not used by east germany, if at some point we will introduce the AMV is unknown at this point.

- Yes new assets will role over into the GMX addons (Takistan and AAF, potentialy mroe in the future)
- We are unfortunatly limited by the possibilites the engine gives us at this point as we dont have engine support available, we do however have some ideas floating arround of how the night fighting capailities could be improved in a satisfying way.

Any news about the "Luchs" armoured recon vehicle? The Panzeraufklärerer already close to perfection depicted in GM wait for their ride 😉. Also some camo "sooty" faces would fit well since both sides used the most available kind of face camo... sooth, The combat equipped soldiers in summer  field gear should also wear the thin "summer" leather gloves.

• Like 1

As a former Panzeraufklärer myself the Luchs could be considered a must have 😉

• Like 2

Hello

I have a question, it's about the police cap in their DLC (GM), I would like to skin this cap but the file where the cap is inside is an EBO and I can't open it, I've already googled it but not found an EBO manager or anything else. My question is: how do I get the template or the normal skin?

Greetings Sgt.Brain

Spoiler

Guten Tag 

Ich hätte eine Frage, es geht um die Polizei Schirmmütze in ihren DLC (GM) den ich würde gerne diese Mütze skinnen doch die datei wo die Mütze drinne ist ist eine EBO und diese kann ich nicht öffnen, ich habe auch schon danach gegoogelt doch keinen EBO Manager oder sonstiges gefunden. Meine Frage lautet: wie komme ich an das Template oder den normalen skin ?

Grüße Sgt.Brain

Edited by Dedmen
Translated to english. Keep in mind this forum is english only.

The above question was resolved on Discord in German. 🙂

• Like 2

Love this DLC and excited for the future.

If you reload the MG3 while prone with the weapon deployed, once the reload animation ends the weapon is left undeployed, requiring you to redeploy after each reload. 

Does Global Moobilization work with Alive, especially with Alive Orbat Creator? In Hetman War Stories missions GM units are mixed up summer and winter, I wanted to separate them in Alive Orbat but they are invisible.

I have no idea about Alive but the following mod will sort the units into separate winter and summer factions.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1749842400

My biggest issue with HWS when using GM (and a number of other faction mods) is the way that certain vehicles are spawned. For some reason way too many AA armored vehicles are spawned.

Thx, I try this. Too many AA groups are caused by the platoon commander being in a wheeled APC :)

3D tank interior would be REALLY awesome. Not the biggest fan of periscope only views.

• Sad 1

@mondkalb

For RHS and my own purposes I collected and done some tanks protection values. It's based on declassified data or estimates based on avaiable knowledge. If you plan to add Leopard 2, it's worth to note that a lot of it's armor was lately more or less declassified for the early Cold War variants.

Would you guys wish to take a look at it? If yes then PM me.

Cheers! 🙂

• Like 2

My favorite DLC so far (and not only because of the OFP nostalgia vibe).

Many thanks for your hard work guys, I'm eager to see what will come in the next updates.

• Like 1

@mondkalb @GalComT

A question, would you guys consider a T-55AM Merida for LWP faction? It looks similiar to T-55AM with Volna or Kladivo FCS, but Merida FCS have a different sight and no capability to fire ATGM's. However it uses new CDDN-1 day/night sight and old day sight is used as auxiliary. Merida FCS however can be considered as more precise and more modern than Kladivo/Volna FCS.

55AM_tank_(22905532890).jpg
T-55AM with Kladivo/Volna FCS next to T-55AM with Merida FCS.

T-55_in_MWP.jpg

Image-T-55_in_MWP_2.jpg

The GM 1.1 Update is now released!
Find the full change log here.

We have also prepared a dedicated game server where a GM specific CTI (Capture The Island) mission runs 24/7. It's a quick and easy way to get into some MP action with GM assets, and your progress and gear is saved between sessions until the mission is completed.

Details:
Global Mobilization Public Server
46.249.50.28:2332
No password

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Will the update also be available in the dev branch? By the way, it's super nice

Fantastic update guys, thanks for the ongoing support. :thumb: 

• Like 2

I'm assuming that 1.1 should now be available in Dev Branch?

My Steam does not seem to want to download the update at all.. 

Same here. But if you download the workshop version for non-owners you can still use it (as a little workaround until this is fixed)

Hello, yes the 1.1 update was unfortunately not applied to the Dev Branch. We've contacted BI to see if this can be changed on Monday.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1