bombe

Warlord played as independant

Hi,
I want to make a server with personnalised map and i try to make independant VS bluefor.

But i tried everything that writed on "https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_MP_Warlords" and it doesnt work at all.

The vehicle work well, but nothing more.

When i play as independant, i dont have warlord protocole.

Then , when i put OPFOR as indep, there are no enemies who spawned.

Help please. Does independant cannot be played at all ?

Sides are just conventional. You can play as BLUE or RED with independent units? Just "join" side you want for any unit/player.

so , is there something to put independent with OPFOR skins and OPFOR with Independents skin ?

28 minutes ago, bombe said:

so , is there something to put independent with OPFOR skins and OPFOR with Independents skin ?

why skins?

For edited units (example):
units myINDEPgrp1 joinsilent createGroup EAST;

units myOPFORgrp1 joinSilent createGroup INDEP;

for Spawned units (example):

[ <positionHere>,EAST,["I_Soldier_F"],[],[],[],[],[],180] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

For Warlord,  do what you want in your class CfgWLRequisitionPresets

Seems to be more difficult, any type of unit can be in your group but for some reason, the native side seems to apply during chute. Boring!

So that mean that's more difficult than it seem.

I think we can modify enemy spawned in town directly with adding side, and that would work.

But i think that wont work well if the native side apply..

Maybe the creator of that mod can help us to modify this. I haven't all the mission script to understand how to modify this

In fact you can do what you want in

class CfgWLRequisitionPresets
{
    class MGIAssetsList
    {
        class WEST
        {
          class Infantry
          {
            //class CUP_B_USMC_Soldier
            class O_Soldier_F   //  tested with OPFOR on BLU
            {
              cost = 100;
              requirements[]={};
            };

}}}};

but you need to add this code in init.sqf (or initserver.sqf):

if (isServer) then {
[] spawn {
 while {true} do  {uisleep 2;
  {_x setVariable ["para",true]; [vehicle _x] joinSilent leader _x} forEach (allUnits select {vehicle _x isKindOf "air" && isNil {_x getVariable "para"} && leader _x != _x});
}}};

This way the parachute is also taken into account for the new side. That works for units only.

I don't have thought/tested about vehicles for far.

With this code, do what you want in your CfgWLRequisitionPresets. BLUFOR can buy a frogfoot, you can have any type of unit for any side....

if (isServer) then {
  [] spawn {
   while {true} do  {
      uisleep 2;
      {_x setVariable ["para",true];
      [vehicle _x] joinSilent leader _x} forEach (allUnits select {vehicle _x isKindOf "air" && isNil {_x getVariable "para"} && leader _x != _x});
      {_x setVariable ["spawnedAir",true];
      [_x] joinSilent createGroup ([EAST,WEST,INDEPENDENT] select (["colorOPFOR","colorBLUFOR","colorIndependent"] find (markerColor (_x getVariable "bis_wl_trackmarker"))))} forEach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "air" && isNil {_x getVariable "spawnedAir"}});
     };
  };
};

Sorry to necro but I am trying to create a warlords scenario using Spearhead 1944 with US vs Germans. In the mod the US faction is Independent and the German faction is Blufor. I have everything set up to work so that the US faction spawn as OPFOR using your script when you purchase units the problem now is when the US soldeirs spawn as a Warlords Garrison they still spawn as Independent and all shoot eachother which is what they do when you purchase them as units without your scrip. Any idea how to make the independent units spawn as an OPFOR garrison without them all killing eachother?

On 9/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, singis tinge said:

the US faction spawn as OPFOR using your script when you purchase units the problem

OK

On 9/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, singis tinge said:

the problem now is when the US soldeirs spawn as a Warlords Garrison they still spawn as Independent and all shoot eachother

In warlords, you have one OPFOR base vs one BLUFOR base

+

several optional independent sectors.

You need to choose the factions in Warlords init module, make your class CfgWLRequisitionPresets  for spawning what you need.

There are also response teams. These modules are supposed to be linked to Independent sectors. They don't spawn BLUFOR or OPFOR units when linked at bases, but independent ones.

So, avoid any response team module linked to bases, and add/spawn reinforcement by another way.  I created MGI modules for that.