Ryko

What script or function does Arma use to reload / rearm / refuel vehicles from Huron containers (etc)?

You know the vehicles I'm talking about - the HEMTT ammo / fuel / repair truck, the Huron containers, Taru pods, Zamaks, etc... you drive up to it and it just automatically repairs / refuels or rearms you, as is the case.

I've searched high and low through the functions and config files, and I can't find the scripting that is making this effect happen.  Does anyone know what it is, or where it can be found?

Please don't answer with references to your own or other's Rearm / Refuel / Repair scripts, I have a ton of those but that's not what I'm asking - thank you!

Why am I looking for this, specifically?

1. Vehicle rearming, with turrets and especially with dynamic loadouts, is especially problematic.  I challenge you to reload 13 out of 19 rockets, exactly, on a rocket pod that's not on the vanilla configuration of a dynamic loadout aircraft.  The vehicle rearm script on the Huron pod just works, it an cosmetically appealing way: the numbers just increase while you're next to the rearming source, until you're fully reloaded, and it doesn't seem to care whether it's a vanilla loadout or a dynamic one, whether the turret is local or not, etc.

2. There's no way to adjust the "flow rate" of vehicle rearming, repairs, or refueling.

3. The effect itself is capricious.  Sometimes it works as intended (drive up to the box/ car/ whatever) and the vehicle resupplies as intended.  Sometimes it doesn't, but it provides you with an action (complete with a lovely icon) to perform it.  And sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Thank you in advance!

Ryko

Thanks sarogahtyp,

I tried adjusting the flow rate by adding a loop which uses setRepairCargo and the other two functions; essentially setting it all to 0, sleeping, then setting it back to 1, then sleeping again, and this does indeed adjust the flow rate fairly nicely.  My problem however is with the other two issues, where the action sometimes does not function reliably.

It's an engine function, for as far as I am aware. You get close to the object center, then it starts "refilling" the vehicle. Same with fuel trucks, gas stations, etc. If the object is standing in a weird position, or something is blocking it, it might not recognize the distance / action correctly.

If you want to mimic, the effect with something on your own, you'll have to script it yourself using the commands that sarogahtyp mentioned above.