LSValmont

vDog Patrol and VDog Feral Multiplayer Scripts [v1.9 - updated 05/18/2020]

Not been on here for a while, will test, but looks like Melody Mike says still the visual bug when targeting by AI is enabled.

=========================

After testing on a Dedicated can sadly confirm when the targeting by AI is enabled, set to true you still get the   https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2259581893

15 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

Not been on here for a while, will test, but looks like Melody Mike says still the visual bug when targeting by AI is enabled.

=========================

After testing on a Dedicated can sadly confirm when the targeting by AI is enabled, set to true you still get the   https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2259581893

The issue is related to a bug with the setObjectTextureGlobal command that was broken with the release of Arma 3 version 2.0 but will be fixed in an upcoming Arma 3 patch.

The fix is already present on the Dev Branch of Arma 3: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/?do=findComment&comment=3421633

• Like 3

That's great, looking forward the the next A3 update patch!

Any idea when the patch is due out?

On 2/6/2021 at 2:49 PM, jgaz-uk said:

not soon, judging by the history of patches

On 2/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, jgaz-uk said:

I'd imagine all the fixes added to the Dev Branch will be part of the upcoming Art of War update, possibly next week.

• Like 2

Sadly the Art of War didn't fix the Dedicated server graphics problem (upside down man in dog) thought it had for a moment when player with dog ss Blue force, but when playing as Independent it came back again for all sides. weird.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

(upside down man in dog)

Quality bestiality right there!

• Haha 3

On 2/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, jgaz-uk said:

Like it lol

this is what i mean   https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2259581893   

Having to turn true, to false, in the dog handler's init turns it into eye candy, wish there was a fix for Dedicated servers....

Can you confirm that this happens on dedicated servers only?

It doesn't seem to happen if you host it your self (I'll double check) but it does on the Dedicated server we use

================================================

Seems to work OK if you host, but not on dedicated, & you don't have the radio commands on a dedicated server also.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2418845622

8 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

It doesn't seem to happen if you host it your self (I'll double check) but it does on the Dedicated server we use

================================================

Seems to work OK if you host, but not on dedicated, & you don't have the radio commands on a dedicated server also.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2418845622

Thank you for your feedback, very useful, working on a fix with the devs.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Any progress?

I reported the issue to the devs, offered repro procedures to KK on the Arma 3 Discord but I haven't seen anything else about it on the dev branch changelog.

Perhaps you could ask about it on the feedback tracker discord channel.

I reported a problem to Devs  about forcedDifficulty not working on Dedicated servers since last update, & no reply or acknowledgement. Makes you wonder if they've lost interest in A3.

• Sad 1

Heya so im having this error popup whenever a dog spawns in (they work fine but its a bit annoying having an error popup everytime)

Error params: Type Group, expected Object
line 408

Any ideas?

Hey @LSValmont,

am I allowed to create a version of your script which uses armas function library?

I m willing to hand it over to you if its done and you can think about what you want to do with it.

The reason is that I personally don't like to execute scripts which are not precompiled by function library.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

Hey @LSValmont,

am I allowed to create a version of your script which uses armas function library?

I m willing to hand it over to you if its done and you can think about what you want to do with it.

The reason is that I personally don't like to execute scripts which are not precompiled by function library.

Sure my friend! Do it and later share with us 😉

• Like 1

there is a chance that this is not a bug.

Could you show a .rpt file of the server of a session where this happend? @jgaz-uk

I'll check but we were not the only Server to have the problem.

Came across this; in server report;

18:47:14 Loading movesType CfgMovesDog_F
18:47:14 Creating action map cache
18:47:14 MovesType CfgMovesDog_F load time 16.0 ms
18:47:14 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
18:47:14 No face for Agent 0x8d640640
18:47:14 Inventory item with given name: [] not found

search for the keword "allowed" in the .rpt. If this brings a result then show from some lines above to some lines below of it...

I just want to mention guys that I've completely rewritten the vDogs script in a much more optimized way.

Additionally the vDogs now:

- Can now hear gunshots and move to investigate if the sound came from inside their territory.

- Can smell nearby enemies so even if they loose sight of their prey they can continue to pursue by following their smell.

- Dogs attack damage is now physical rather than script based. That means that they can miss attacks and that their attacks can be diminished by vest protection etc. It also means that players can avoid the dogs damage by hiding behind cover while previously they couldn't.

- Dogs can now follow and attack vehicles but will not do much damage to them.

- Dogs now react to getting hit and will become aware of the attacker, reacting accordingly. 

- Patrol Dogs whose owner dies become Feral now instead of going passive.

@sarogahtyp Regarding turning all the vDogs fncs into Bis Fncs their is not much benefit from it because those fncs are used perhaps once and turning them into BIS fncs will add an additional step for mission makers (editing their Description.ext) which may cause some additional confusion. So the less steps required to run the Script the better.

The new version of vDogs will no longer be released as a stand alone but part of my upcoming vScripts Suite that will have many other features in place.

• Like 3

One issue I notice is the dog will attack enemies hidden with the show/hide modules.

10 minutes ago, Liberty Bull said:

One issue I notice is the dog will attack enemies hidden with the show/hide modules.

Fixed for the next version! Thank you for the report!

if (_nearTargets isNotEqualTo []) then {
		{
			if (
			alive _x &&
			!(isObjectHidden _x) &&
			((side group _DogOwner) getFriend (side group _x) < 0.6) &&
			!(vehicle _x isKindOf "Animal") &&
			isNull objectParent _x &&
			!(lifeState _x isEqualTo "INCAPACITATED") &&
			(isNil {_x getVariable "vIsVirtual"}) &&
			([_x, "VIEW"] checkVisibility [eyePos _dog, eyePos _x]) > 0
			) then {
				if (_x distance _dog < vDogSmellRange || ([_dogRunner, _x, -3] call BIS_fnc_isInFrontOf) || (_x isFlashlightOn (currentWeapon _x)) || (isLightOn _x)) then {
					0 = _selectedTargets pushBack _x;
					_DogOwner knowsabout _x;
				};
			};
		} forEach _nearTargets;
	};

Additionally dogs now see enemies with their flashlights on better.