LSValmont

vDog Patrol and VDog Feral Multiplayer Scripts [v1.9 - updated 05/18/2020]

Senoj,

That started this week with the ArmA 3 update to 2.0 previously it was working fine. I have used the dogs in half a doz missions this year with out a problem. hope it can be fixed.

hi after i seen your post i quickly checked my missions out and my ai and dogs are still the right way up 

maybe you are running a mod that is causing the issue 

also try changing the ai soldier 

also i am using the patrol dog script as enemy ai and dog patrol 

it seems weird as im not having any issues i have the patrol and ferral script on 20 missions on 5 servers and all is fine 

i will quickly do a sample mission and send it to you so you can try and it will give you an idea how i setup ours on the servers

ill get it to you asap

i have sent jgaz-uk a test mission file in pm try that out see if it helps give you an idea what to do 

but all working for me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same problem its not the dogs that are upside down, but some of us are seeing  a "Survivor" AI unit stuck upside down in the dog & moving around with it. This only started after the last Bis A3 update to 2.0, was fine before???

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2259581893

Tested the mission you sent me, running all the usual addons & that worked fine just like previously!

Tried a different mission with the Dogs in (without the Horses Addon in it) right after testing yours & still the same problem? Weird or what?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2264093489

I'll un pbo your mission & try your scripting to see if that will fix it. Thanks for your time.

YAY sorted it! :yay:

I un pbo'd the example PatPgtips sent me & eventually found what as different & found a way to fix it.

If you have the same problem, the visual bug, check the init script of each player or AI who has the dog script in the init, & change the true to false e.g.

null = [this,"Alsatian_Random_F",1,false] execVM "vScripts\vDog\vDogPatrol.sqf"; (will fix the bug)

If like me you see the bug then your dog handlers init script will read       null = [this,"Alsatian_Random_F",1,true] execVM "vScripts\vDog\vDogPatrol.sqf";  just change the true to false & problem solved. The colour not needed, just used in this post.

Dont know why the ArmA3 2.00 update caused this to happen? & not exactly sure what the  true/false refers to?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

YAY sorted it! :yay:

I un pbo'd the example PatPgtips sent me & eventually found what as different & found a way to fix it.

If you have the same problem, the visual bug, check the init script of each player or AI who has the dog script in the init, & change the true to false e.g.

null = [this,"Alsatian_Random_F",1,false] execVM "vScripts\vDog\vDogPatrol.sqf"; (will fix the bug)

If like me you see the bug then your dog handlers init script will read       null = [this,"Alsatian_Random_F",1,true] execVM "vScripts\vDog\vDogPatrol.sqf";  just change the true to false & problem solved. The colour not needed, just used in this post.

Dont know why the ArmA3 2.00 update caused this to happen? & not exactly sure what the  true/false refers to?

I had same issue, works now, thanks!

im glad you guys got it working 

i changed it to false as we run escape servers and i didnt want the enemy ai killing the patrol dogs before the playable units see them

so it made the escape missions have some more options to change things up a bit 

realy good script and everyone does enjoy seeing them 

This is a new script for me and I have a question on use. I have the dog patrolling with OPFOR AI. When I try to come up behind the AI, the dog detects me, charges, growls , barks...all good. The AI keeps on walking. Is there a way to get the AI to react to the dogs "alert"?

I hope LSValmont will take a look at the new bug, as the script had the dogs being able to be detected & shot by enemy AI by attaching an invisible unit, which now after update 2.0 can be seen!

Any chance of taking a look at the problem sir?

On 10/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, Soapbox0331 said:

This is a new script for me and I have a question on use. I have the dog patrolling with OPFOR AI. When I try to come up behind the AI, the dog detects me, charges, growls , barks...all good. The AI keeps on walking. Is there a way to get the AI to react to the dogs "alert"?

If the visible bug can be fixed & the "false" turned back to "true" AI should I think react, they did before.

• Thanks 1

Turning to false will get rid of visual bug but, then AI will not react to the dog which is a pity. Just have to hope LSValmont will find a way to fix the bug.

Just discovered with "false" set not only will the AI not react to the dog, but in Coop Multplayer the dog wont attack enemy, just follows the dog handler around.....

LSValmont Any chance of taking a look at the problem?

Would really like to get this back to how it was before the last Bis ArmA 2.00 update please please.🙏

I think I've narrowed it down to something in line 241 of vDogPatrol.sqf, where _virtualTarget is defined. Unfortunately the BI changelog for 2.00 gives no hints, because they don't mention any changes in how AI or setObjectTexture works. 

@LSValmont Any tips, sir? As much as I like Salvador Dali, it the visual bug shown by jgaz-uk in his October 20 post really does kill the script >=(.

Hi guys.  I think LSValmont is busy with fatherhood, so we can't blame him for not jumping on this!  🙂

But I think I solved it.  In both of these scripts:  vDogPatrol.sqf and vDogFeral.sqf, comment out the line shown below, and add the next two lines:

//_virtualTarget setObjectTextureGlobal [0,""];
	_y=0;
	{_virtualTarget setobjecttexture [_y,""];_y=_y+1} foreach getObjectTextures _virtualTarget; 

I think the ARMA upgrade must have added more textures to the units, so just replacing the first texture no longer made the unit invisible.  The code above replaces all textures, so the upside down target unit is invisible.

Try it out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i have tried and tested the code changes you said above

switching the code to true now the enemy ai and dog work properly

the dog will attack and works well

the only issue i found is once the dog owner enemy ai is dead the dogs will move but wont attack at all 

so its getting closer to working just a shame the dogs goto a passive state will move but wont attack once owner is dead

thanks for the info though much appreciated 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2020 at 6:15 PM, johnnyboy said:

Hi guys.  I think LSValmont is busy with fatherhood, so we can't blame him for not jumping on this!  🙂

But I think I solved it.  In both of these scripts:  vDogPatrol.sqf and vDogFeral.sqf, comment out the line shown below, and add the next two lines:

//_virtualTarget setObjectTextureGlobal [0,""];
	_y=0;
	{_virtualTarget setobjecttexture [_y,""];_y=_y+1} foreach getObjectTextures _virtualTarget; 

I think the ARMA upgrade must have added more textures to the units, so just replacing the first texture no longer made the unit invisible.  The code above replaces all textures, so the upside down target unit is invisible.

Try it out.

Thank you @johnnyboy! As always you are correct... both fatherhood and work have taken a toll on my scripting time but I will be more active here in January.

I will update the script with your improvements and any other suggestion you guys have.

PS: I can make the dogs focus on the killer of their owner. Right now they go passive as an optimization and also because they are grieving =p 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Thank you @johnnyboy! As always you are correct... both fatherhood and work have taken a toll on my scripting time but I will be more active here in January.

Glad to help.  Congrats on fatherhood by the way!

4 hours ago, LSValmont said:

PS: I can make the dogs focus on the killer of their owner. Right now they go passive as an optimization and also because they are grieving =p 

In one of the last updates to JBOY Dog I had AI Controlled dogs switch to next AI in group if owner killed.  If last AI in owner group killed, maybe switching them to feral would be easiest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Guys for looking it this!

The dog would be grieving 😪

Happy new year.

• Like 2

Sadly the fix works if you host it your self, but on a Dedicated Server still have the same problem of the upside down body attached

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2346993071

I tried changing the line to   setobjecttextureGlobal   but that stopped it working completely 😞

Only solution at moment is to do the..... "null = [this,"Alsatian_Random_F",1,false] execVM "vScripts\vDog\vDogPatrol.sqf"; (will fix the bug)"....... again which looks OK but the AI dont react.....

until the scripting genius's can find a solution  🙏

• Sad 4

Any chance of a fix for Dedicated servers? or how to make the existing fix "Global" ?

On 1/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, jgaz-uk said:

Any chance of a fix for Dedicated servers? or how to make the existing fix "Global" ?

Can you try this Beta of version 2.0.

Quite a few things have changed so read the readme perhaps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/142RTSWBJT74fy22Q3KfB95vzYncHkGtZ/view?usp=sharing

Let me know how it fairs in MP!

• Like 1

Glad to hear from you sir. 
It took me a while (and several restarts on my dedicated) to realize that your uploaded folder doesn't have a mission file =]. So just added your old one. 

Also, could you perhaps upload the new readme documents as well? The ones in this folder are dated from 2020 (Changelog last modfiied as of 18/05/2020).

This version seems to work fine in singleplayer and dedicated. Same visual bug as described by jgaz-uk when targeting by AI is enabled in the parameters. Will gladly help test out new builds. 

Have a good one!

• Like 1