empleat100

military simulator yet you die through walls

This game is so unrealistic, you keep dying through walls. It's like this game would be still in Alpha. So many bugs, you can stuck everywhere, can't overstep 10cm curb and can't even climb over fence, which leaves less tactical options. Would think some of this issues, would be fixed past years, but noone. Guess engine doesn't allow to fix this easily, means game was designed badly from start. There is so many issues, there is only so far one can tolerate, so annoying to deal with this all the time. What can we expect from Arma 4. Hope that game at least will run on 60fps and won't be that bugged. I think content and goog gameplay is always preferable, before graphics, this game looks very realistic but runs on 25 fpsmin.

Ok before posts follow, let me clarify: Arma 3 is not a simulator intended to be realistic but just a game for fun purpose. You know, there's no “military simulator” that lets you spawn tons of Aircraft Carriers midair. Unrealistic, eh? Of course this never means glitches are allowed to alive. Looks like you just didn't get fun from Arma 3 much.

Guessing Arma 3 and Real Virtuality Engine become too large to handle by Bohemians. That's why they're working on the new game engine, Enfusion. I'm not a big fan of DayZ so didn't played so much, but I feel things are improved.

By the way what do you mean dying through walls? High caliber and/or high velocity projectiles let you die through walls apparently.

• Like 2

No through walls, don't you know sometimes you bug through walls and part of you is visible. And sometimes you die even standing behind. True walls can be penetrated, but i just don't believe 30 cm strong wall, or bricks could be penetrated with couple shots with mxm e.g. and usually you can't penetrate slimmer walls. This is hard to tell what walls can or cannot be penetrated, but are you often are visible through walls. I was standing 50 cm in front of fence wall and got killed through, which is pretty thick.  I get fun from arma, it is just hilarious, camper in tower, i don't know how gets bugged into wall and kills me, even he is not visible and second time i ran into him and it bounced me through wall to the ground and i died. Or i get stuck a lot. It is not that bad as at release date and close period afterwards, you could die from falling from 10 cm. Some of these bugs are honestly hilarious, i am dying here AHHAHAAHAH, it is so fun sometimes... Most annoying is fps, because you can't hit anything and whole game is about camping. Since even on private you get 25fps min supposedly, there is nothing u can do. I most enjoy game where there is some fast paced action, which is hard to execute, since game is ultra lagged and camping is advantageous, instead of normal play.  I am playing on ultra low and sampling like 67% or what, to get extra couple fps, so i can even hit something, ultra lagged.... Who game feels like alpha, you fall into ground and stay completely hidden, i guess, because of vastness, it is hard to fix these bugs. For example there were bugs like this in bf3 when it come out and it is much smaller. And sometimes bugs can be fun, each game has small gems, which can be used to your advantage and if a lot of people don't know about and people get confused, it is fun.

Say what you like about the game, at least the developers use paragraphs and avoid run on sentences.

Sounds like a bad experience on a KOTH server or the like, so yeah let’s judge the entire title on that experience or game type.

Arma offers gameplay that really can’t be found anywhere else. BI have really stood on their own for putting money and effort into the Arma series. Is it perfect? Nope, but what it does and what it is far outweighs any flaws.

Youre allowed to disagree but you also have to respect the opinions of all those who love the game.

Ultimately you don’t HAVE to play Arma 3.

• Like 4

No, i don't, i know what you can play in arma. I like becti but there is no servers in eu. Besides these problems aren't caused by server, but by the game : bugging through walls e.g..

Mate if you want people to read your rants,at least consider paragraphs.Im not about to read that wall of text.

If you are being killed through a wall,its because even when you are out of sight,AI still estimate your POS and shoot at that estimated POS.If they have high enough caliber the round will penetrate.

If your talking about the player model glitching through the wall,specify what building.Iv only noticed tin shacks having this issue(bullets go through them easy anyway so no biggie)Other than that the only glitching through walls i ever see is occassionaly the weapon glitches through,if your prone in a building(arma2 + 3 buildings)

This game was not designed poorly...considering how many variables you take into account,and situations this game can throw at you,i'd say this game is designed very well and has been refined extremely well since launch.I'v now got about 3000hours in Arma3 and yes,odd glitches can happen,but if your looking for total realism with NO chance of glitches,go join the military.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I play in a group on a dedicated server and we found that the ENY AI tend to see/fire at us through walls and trees, but as fas as I know IRL bullets (I'm think 7.62 but could be more) depending on their caliber will go through walls/defenses and IRL people will try to track into buildings so I don't think its too unrealistic.

You have to consider too that at the end of the day ARMA is a game at the end of the day, maybe you need to adjust your difficulty settings?

I consider it a plus that AI shoot thru walls. Its been disproven long ago that AI cheats in that manner.

• Like 1

Dslyecxi

Demonstrated how ballistics work in 2013

Player's clipping through walls can depend on the type of wall, building, even weapon being used.

Ya theres bugs, theres issues if you call it that, the game was designed with functional real world ballistics, if one think they are not or could be better

take a look at ACE mod, or another.

I can't say for certain but I am convinced that I have been killed by ricocheting bullets    :shoot:

...and yes, you can clip through walls. Here's how

Spoiler

Crouch parallel and as close to a wall as you can, then lean toward the wall and in 3rd person you can easily see outside.

...just one of many "glitches" that we have played the game with. I think most folks understand your frustration but after nearly a decade, you should just find mods to overcome some of the short comings, (EM), and enjoy the multitude of positive and enjoyable game experiences A3 has to offer.

You know, there are other fun things to do in Arma as well, like Editing, mission making, Terrain making, model making. You might find you have a gift something else that you could share.

BTW, even with over 5700 hours I still get pissed sometimes when I drive into a rock the size of a lunch box and roll a tank over, end to end! lol

• Like 2