1 minute ago, froggyluv said:

Gonna lmfao if I ever see an enemy ai jump off a roof to a van to take a shot at me. For ultimate cheese you should add the tumble animation from iron front for the landing

lol, that would be sweet.  Do you know if those vaulting and wall climbing animations in that cool movement enhancement mod uses vanilla moves, or has its own?  I need those moves as options as well.

Pretty sure Bad Benson created those -MadCheese's mod uses them or is somehow linked into EM mod to allow the player to order his subordinates to scale to an extent as well. Honestly im far more excited at the thought of enemy AI doing these types of things than player squad AI -player side already has the advantage and an absurdly moving AI hunting player can be terrifyingly hilarious

1 minute ago, froggyluv said:

Honestly im far more excited at the thought of enemy AI doing these types of things than player squad AI -player side already has the advantage and absurd moving AI hunting player can be hilarious

Agreed.  But AI is AI so if it works for one, it will work for the other, so may as well support both.

@johnnyboy Those videos look great, I love the grenade tossing to clear a room and stepping back to take cover. I think someone released a flashbang mod which could be used also.

Keep up the great work mate.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

RHS has flashbang and concussion grenades, not sure about CUP. There's also an individual flashbang mod as mentioned.

• Like 1

Something else I'd encourage you to keep in the back of your mind is AI that only has a melee attack and possibly cannot open doors. Dogs or zombies are an obvious example but an even better one I think is Raptors chasing you around a hospital or other large facility. I guess there'd need to be logic that allows a route to be interrupted by the need to close directly with a discovered enemy.

Understand this might not be a priority but just wanted to make mention in case it informs some choices you might have to make.

• Like 1

@johnnyboy

I made a little FSM file for a unit animationcycle ( unit walking on path) to support your project. It is very Basic an more of a proof of concept. Unit is able to stop and engage enemies on its way. 

If you interrested you can download the missionfile here. Missionfolder

If I find the time I will upload an examplevideo soon.

Best greetings

Gizzy46

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gizz46 said:

@johnnyboy

I made a little FSM file for a unit animationcycle ( unit walking on path) to support your project. It is very Basic an more of a proof of concept. Unit is able to stop and engage enemies on its way. 

If you interrested you can download the missionfile here. Missionfolder

If I find the time I will upload an examplevideo soon.

Best greetings

Gizzy46

Thanks Gizzy!  A video would be great.  I admit I'm pretty ignorant of how FSMs work (yours is the first one i have looked at), but it looks clean.  Feel free to take it further if you like (the more solutions we come up with, the better).  I'm writing a ton of sqf code, but its slow going right now due to my limited time.   My current problem is having a stack of 2 to 4 units move through a path of movepoints, and look decent while doing it.  One unit works good as I demonstrated in previous vids.

• Like 2

This is so awesome and has a lot of potential with the work you guys have been doing with dynamic position handling through script

Thanks

• Like 2

This is just awesome to see on cargo ships! 

• Like 2

UPDATE: I've made some progress on getting a stack of 4 (or less) units to move through a building path.  As you can see from the video, there is lots of room for improvement.  It's been a royal biatch getting the little AI wankers to perform this well...but I hope to improve it.

New features:

Spoiler
  • Stack of AI can now move through waypoints.  Leader moves from point to point, and followers follow the leader.
  • Stack reverses direction (i.e., rear guy become leader) when path reaches dead end, and they need to reverse course.
  • When moving, 2nd guy covers left, 3rd guy covers right, last guy covers rear (covers their "six')
  • Stack leader issues commands using in-game vanilla radio command for: Form On Me, Rally Up, Take Cover, Advance, Halt, Set Charge, Clear, etc.  It uses unit's speaker's voice, and later will say the commands in unit's correct language (its English only for right now).  This should be immersive when you are hiding in a house, and hear a Persian team giving orders as they search the house for you.
  • When tossing grenade into room, leader will sidestep to safety and order team to take cover.   Team will go prone.
  • When stack leader killed, next guy in line becomes leader and continues on path.

Known Problems:

Spoiler
  • Stack not moving close enough together.
  • AI gets stuck or clips on stairs sometimes.
  • When leader killed on a blind corner, next leader will dumbly move to same spot and risk being killed also (we need stack to react to hidden AI that kill leader)
  • Need AI to change sectors covered while moving to not look at a near wall (I tried raycasting left/right to determine what sector to watch, but couldn't get it to work... will try again)
  • AI healing in middle of moving causes following units to clip through them.
  • AI jerky when figuring out which direction to look. I think AI's desire to look at sensed enemies vs. setFormDir vs. my script forcing a direction is fugging with their heads.
  • Followers should sidestep when leader tosses grenade (instead of going prone).  I tried this but couldn't get it to work.  Must test if there is room to sidestep left or right, and coordinate that movement with leader throwing of grenade.  Will try again.
  • Improve initial stacking up before making entry.

Future:

Spoiler
  • Fixing known problems above as best I can
  • Integrate with @madrussian 's building node generator and @sarogahtyp's path calculating scripts
  • Add in Breaching with Beno's script
  • Add in Flash Bang's using Phronk's script
  • Add climbing ladders
  • Add strafe in/out when doorway/corner known to be hot
  • Make MP compatible
  • Tune for performance
  • Secure hostages
  • Lots more I'm sure!

My apologies to @beno_83au for not yet incorporating his breaching script.  He kindly delivered a working copy integrated with an old version of my script a month ago, and I haven't integrated it yet.  I promise I will get to it mate and release a vid!

Progress Video:

If you are curious, this is the path array that was used for this video:

Spoiler

_path1a = 
[
[[2881.77,5998.96,0.261482],["door","grenade"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",123.663,"UP",1,false,0], // entry door
[[2885.43,5996.22,0.255672],[],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",83.5895,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2886.71,6004.42,0.317038],[],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",33.8073,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2888.23,6006.87,0.32576],[""],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",133.826,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2886.63,6000.57,0.265674],[],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",134.553,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2888.71,5998.46,0.192748],[,"stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",37.6283,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2890.52,6000.27,1.03856],[,"stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",30.1491,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2891.64,6001.8,1.81644],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",302.025,"UP",1,false,2],
[[2889.72,6003.35,2.83963],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",290.946,"UP",1,false,2],
[[2887.69,6004.5,3.72556],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",126.211,"UP",1,false,2],
[[2884.78,6002.13,3.74875],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",204.619,"UP",1,false,4],
[[2882.62,5998.95,3.76792],[],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",118.733,"UP",1,false,4],
[[2887.23,6004.78,3.72991],["door","grenade"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",22.2814,"UP",1,false,4],
[[2888.99,6008.09,3.71968],[],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",125.812,"UP",1,false,4],
[[2887.12,6004.73,3.73123],["stairs","clear"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",115.184,"UP",1,false,4],
[[2891.79,6002.25,1.81065],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",207.687,"UP",1,false,2], 
[[2888.41,5997.32,0.17694],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",231.765,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2884.54,5997.14,0.299843],["stairs"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",293.001,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2881.64,5998.56,0.257141],["exit"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",298.587,"UP",1,false,0],
[[2878.47,6000.47,0.00144124],["exit"],"amovpercmtacsraswrfldf",300.205,"UP",1,false,0] 
];

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@johnnyboy I can't imagine the complexity of having a team of AI do this :hang: But holly crap, if I see a video with a team explosively breach, flash bang and clear a room with a hostage inside of it, I may NEVER again re-install SWAT......

(lol jk I always re-install it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

@johnnyboy I can't imagine the complexity of having a team of AI do this :hang: But holly crap, if I see a video with a team explosively breach, flash bang and clear a room with a hostage inside of it, I may NEVER again re-install SWAT......

(lol jk I always re-install it)

Hahaha.  Sadly, there is no way this will ever be as good as Swat 4.  That was the best coop game ever.

The bloke with the Katiba at 1:55:

He in the wrong spot for the demo and hoping no one notices him fix it?

Advice: If they've taken a casualty in a room they could frag it before trying to clear again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

Everybody's a bloody critic...  lol  :hammer:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow @johnnyboy you have been busy indeed!  That's awesome man, I can really see it coming together!

It's helpful to see that path array.  Also I'm sure you have good reason, but curious why you are using explicit animations (and playMove) vs more general actions (used with playAction)?  Now, I seem to recall you saying you use both playMove and playAction...  Anyhow, was thinking if you ended up with a pistol guy in the mix (instead of all rifles), that playAction would make things easier?  For instance playAction "SlowF" would cover both rifle guys and pistol guys, no?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madrussian said:

Wow @johnnyboy you have been busy indeed!  That's awesome man, I can really see it coming together!

It's helpful to see that path array.  Also I'm sure you have good reason, but curious why you are using explicit animations (and playMove) vs more general actions (used with playAction)?  Now, I seem to recall you saying you use both playMove and playAction...  Anyhow, was thinking if you ended up with a pistol guy in the mix (instead of all rifles), that playAction would make things easier?  For instance playAction "SlowF" would cover both rifle guys and pistol guys, no?

I've tried both playMove and playAction and in buildings playmove is much more reliable for me.  I understand your point on rifles vs. pistols, and will likely end up dynamically changing move based on weapon (replace substring...or something).  I'm already doing that to change from standing to crouch. Unfortunately, playAction seems to be unreliable for me.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, beno_83au said:

The bloke with the Katiba at 1:55:

The little hop the unit did is in my move script.  The script plays a move animation, and checks if unit position has changed since starting the move. If he hasn't moved, he's given a little velocity boost to get him going.  This helps prevent units from being stuck and running in place.  And it also causes the occasional little funny hop you spotted.

• Like 2

If I got a penny for every time I had to velocity-boost an AI in this game, I'd be a very rich man.  (My dynamic mission velocity-boosts AI vehics as unstuck measure all the time... I feel your pain!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

this is really interesting stuff! The military cargo buildings (especially cargo HQ and cargo Tower) are a bit of a nightmare for building patrols, looks like this could help. 👍

Is the plan that this would work dynamically for any defined buildings (eg. as part of random patrol script)?

16 hours ago, madrussian said:

My dynamic mission velocity-boosts AI vehics as unstuck measure all the time

ah, thats a good idea too, i'll try that 😄

🖖

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lordfrith said:

Is the plan that this would work dynamically for any defined buildings (eg. as part of random patrol script)?

Ideally, yes.  Check out this about scanning buildings for the important points if you haven't already.  The keys are defining enough buildings (perhaps all of them) and of course johnnyboy's script and the other major part here (which is already done).  Once we assemble the 3 pillars, the idea is it becomes a platform for AI mod creators to go wild with, writing all manner of "random patrol scripts".  (Maybe even having AI assemble weapons in buildings, etc.)

• Thanks 1

are there anyway that some one can help with the scanning of buildings any program to get or something i have a laptop just standing on my table??

Maybe i can start it up and check some building if any one can tell me what to do.

@Play3r

You could walk through all buildings and mark all the important points by hand?  <- Joking of course, that would be silly given we can automate so much of the process.  Some larger buildings have 20+ actual doors and 40+ window points, perhaps way more than that.  Even if any human wanted to try and accomplish this, it would be a daunting task and they would surely miss many points.

However, when I get my scanner done I don't think it will 100% identify every important point.  It will be more of a tool that identifies perhaps 95% of all important points (and perhaps that's being somewhat optimistic).  At that point, sure we could use a few people to fire up the tool, walk through buildings and check things out, selecting any missing points.  (Mainly for cases where there are more than one connected node cluster that can be connected to another by quickly adding a point here or there.)  Thanks for the interest, will keep you updated for sure. :smile_o:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Count me in for that too MadRussian - heck id do that for BIS for free! The thing they seem to not get is that Buildings ARE the new combat dimension lacking in Arma -not Space, underwater or zombie land. Watch any WW2/Vietnam/Iraq documentary and when a squad enters a village or city s**t gets hairy (read awesome) real fast!

• Like 5

Please excuse my ignorance but how do I use the script? Any sample mission available? Thank you!