AZCoder

AZC JBOY Pain Mod

AZC JBOY Pain is a small addon that adds pain grunts and swear words to units when they are shot. This is an extension of JBOY's script only version.

What's different? Glad you asked.

- it's a pbo that automatically runs so you can use it with any mission you play (not tested in multi-player)

- it adjusts the sound to the pitch of the unit shot ... this can be quite hilarious

- it adds swear words! These are from the dubbing library of Arma 2 in English & Russian, it autodetects Russian otherwise uses English. There are 3 different swear words in 5 voice types.

Feel free to include with your missions if you wish.

Download: http://www.azcoder.com/arma3/AZC_JBOY_Pain.7z

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2950363186

Update 1/14/2020

Released new version because during weeks of testing it was clear that shot units tended to swear extensively for each round that hit them.

• Added shot count tracking that limits chance of pain grunt or swear to once every 3 hits.
  • Tweaked percentages of events.

You might ask why every 3 hits when usually a couple shots will kill someone. This feature is intended for your team members that are injured but get healed, or anyone shot in the leg over and over by a handgun because that's not very dangerous. Don't try that at home though.

JBOY script only version:

Demo Video of this mod:

• Like 6

Love it!  The high pitch dude totally cracks me up. Thanks for the enhancements and making the mod.  This is 100% JBOY approved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excuse me, but where link on download this mod?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WAR326 said:

Excuse me, but where link on download this mod?

Details, details.

It's up there now, thanks.

Version 1.1 is released. Unit will no longer yell if killed outright, will not always yell even if alive, and will now swear 50% of the time.

Updated this to fix "swear spamming" as I call it 😄.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's one of the possible words, although they are more likely to grunt in pain. Before the fix they tended to say the d, f, and s words quite a lot. It's a lot more restrained now and 75% more likely to just make a pain sound.

5 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

It's one of the possible words, although they are more likely to grunt in pain. Before the fix they tended to say the d, f, and s words quite a lot. It's a lot more restrained now and 75% more likely to just make a pain sound.

God****it, AZC, you ****in' broke this sweet *** tourettes mod!!!!  That was a feature!!!  $!!##*****!!!!!  😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

God****it, AZC, you ****in' broke this sweet *** tourettes mod!!!!  That was a feature!!!  $!!##*****!!!!!  😂

I guess you better NOT update it then 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1