Starker

"Raise Weapon" Command Malfunction

The "Raise Weapon" command performs the exact opposite action of what it is intended to do.

Your weapon is up by default and holding "Raise Weapon" lowers it while releasing it returns your weapon to the up position. If your weapon is down, holding "Raise Weapon" will raise your weapon and it will stay up after releasing "Raise Weapon".

The description for this command is "Temporarily raises weapon". It should function such that holding it will raise your weapon and releasing it will lower your weapon. Using this keybinding should set weapon down as the default position. 

• Like 1

Agree, the "Raise Weapon" binding is confusing, the action name is "tempRaiseWeapon" but it acts as neither, there is very little logic to what it does @oukej

• Thanks 1

I would definitely welcome the option to spawn with weapon lowered and walking by default. I'm sure a lot of RPG'rs would also.

• Like 3

I also wish this keybind worked as intended, I would definitely use it. Seems weird to me you default to weapon raised and pointed all the time. I alleviated this problem somewhat by making a small addon but it's not perfect. It's linked in my signature if you want to check it out, you might find it useful.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:32 PM, Defunkt said:

I would definitely welcome the option to spawn with weapon lowered and walking by default. I'm sure a lot of RPG'rs would also.

Hell yeah. The first thing I do in any mission, is lowering that goddamn rifle. <_<

• Like 3