Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Independence lost lives!

(Operation Flashpoint 2) September's or Augests Issue of Computer Gaming Has a very small acrticle with 1,2 pics and a article on what codemasters is working on. As well as a WWII game with the same graphics engine as ofp.   wink.gif

>

>Gamespy Name-

" FHAF[LT]Victor "

w w w what?

WWII?

Is this a try to competive Battlefield?? I hope not.

And I think not CM is working with OFP engine but BIS.

BIS, are you planning a WWII story?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Dec. 11 2002,14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">w w w what?

WWII?

Is this a try to competive Battlefield?? I hope not.

And I think not CM is working with OFP engine but BIS.

BIS, are you planning a WWII story?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it is that RTS from maddox games(IL-2) he means...

Yes, Codemasters is the publisher for Maddox Games' WWII RTS. That does not mean that BIS has anything to do with it.

Lol! U want proof? Go to the articles in computer gaming that posted it, either Augest, September! Ill get the old article out and the page number by saturday.. I posted this on Wednesday the 11th, so 3 days.. " Computer Gaming "

I looked on there site couldnt find it.

Not their website.. the MAGAZINE! The actuall magazine... this isnt a lie, of any sort.. I can proof it, just not no where near my house to get it.

I hope they make OFP2 backward compatible with OFP and OFP:R addons. smile.gif That would be cool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BBSmith @ Dec. 11 2002,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not their website.. the MAGAZINE! The actuall magazine... this isnt a lie, of any sort.. I can proof it, just not no where near my house to get it.<span id='postcolor'>

We haven't all got access to that magazine. Some might be in countries where it isn't distributed, and there may be more than one magazine sold under that name. Could you scan the article to allow us to read it?

You are reproducing a copyrighted medium digitally and spreading it over the internet with out the makers/owners consent. Like spreading mp3's and the sorts.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 17 2002,02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are reproducing a copyrighted medium digitally and spreading it over the internet with out the makers/owners consent. Like spreading mp3's and the sorts.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, lets just say he will be quite safe if he puts the source of the quote. And I hope he doesn't post the entire magazine on here. smile.gif Magazines can be quoted anywhere... they were originally meant to get information to as many people as possible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 18 2002,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like spreading mp3's and the sorts.<span id='postcolor'>

My 2gigz of music has something to say about that! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Dec. 17 2002,08:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 18 2002,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like spreading mp3's and the sorts.<span id='postcolor'>

My 2gigz of music has something to say about that! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* 4,4 gig *cough* tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you scan the article to allow us to read it?<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, want to read it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*cough* 4,4 gig *cough*<span id='postcolor'>

hmm.... multiply with 6 and you have mine...... hehe... tounge.gif

Ok, its in the MAY Issue of Computer Magazine MAY, the WWII game made with the same engine as Ofp, is located on page 45 of this issue, for magazine picture Cover visit this link http://www.cgonline.com/cgm/200205-m1.html#continued this is for just the picture of the issue, Now in the quote for WWII says this in the picture " This is the WORKING title of a real-time stratagy game from the publishers of Operation Flashpiont.  They promise to medel heroism, confidence, despair, and cowardice.

Now in the operation Flashpoint 2 section (page 56-58) talks about the models that are going to be used to improv upon stealth and, mosly focuing on the AI and how they react to real time envirnments. It says in a picture of the modeling of the ai movments caption " A.i work on Operation Flashpoint 2: attack of the shrubs." Which dosnt mean thats it what the game is called, just how they focus on stealth and the bushes. But the have word in there on the progress of operation flashpoint 2, Not a release date nore an expected demo, or year! Even that matter. If you don't belive me, look it up, sum way or form and look at pages 56-58 on Computer Magazine.  xmas.gif  My scanner is non operable at the moment, but this is enought proof, to get you into looking into the future on the new ofp comming.