maxl30

[Suggestion] Arma 2 3rd Party DLC for Arma 3

Arma 2 was my first Arma and the one wich thrilled me to the idea of Arma.

With Arma 3 we win and loose some things in Arma.

We win the ability to dive, clothe oure characters and create missions in a 3d editor.

arma3_screenshot_27.jpg

arma3_screenshot_28.jpg

Arma%203%20Eden_wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg

We loose the reality nearness of the game setting, the arma womens and the diversity and number of uniforms and weapons.

ARMA2-Boot-Camp-Screens_18.jpg

ARMA2-Boot-Camp-Screens_17.jpg

chernarus-citizen.pngrus-regsoldier.pngcdf-comander.pngumsc-soldiers.png

arma2weapons_Makarov-silenced.jpg

arma2weapons_mount_M2.jpg

SL_Igla-anti-aircraft-missile-pod.jpg

Sources:

https://arma3.com/

http://www.arma2.com/

The idea is simple, rework the content of Arma 2 (wich are under some licenses free available to be edited) and integrate it into Arma 3 as third party DLC.

It includes the reworked campaign (in A3 Vanilla campaign style), content and the maps (larger as the maps) of Arma 2 in Arma 3 Vanilla quality.

B0D37D32BD8FAB34DEC63B883F09E885B1A19419

FD0C5FCE2A37F988BAA77F54685A0C021625950B

5FA9EDC73786D80ED47B08A3AF15C769F91964B9

9BC52837D73EB6E26EE9A4FB03C2CE060D4DE6C5

Sources:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/rhsmods/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383093546&searchtext=zamak

On 4/10/2019 at 2:05 AM, maxl30 said:

The idea is simple, rework the content of Arma 2 (wich are under some licenses free available to be edited) and integrate it into Arma 3

CUP is already doing that.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:05 AM, maxl30 said:

as third party DLC

CUP can't do that as it's already freely available.

Also I don't think BI would accept a third party DLC that does the same things a free mod already does, no one would buy it if everyone can already get it for free.

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

CUP is already doing that.

CUP can't do that as it's already freely available.

Also I don't think BI would accept a third party DLC that does the same things a free mod already does, no one would buy it if everyone can already get it for free.

CUP is Arma 2 Vanilla quality not Arma 3 Vanilla quality, i think in A3 Vanilla quality many would buy it.

There's actually more unique weapons and vehicles in Arma 3 than Arma 2. Not to mention most of Arma 2's content was Arma 1 ports.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, AveryTheKitty said:

There's actually more unique weapons and vehicles in Arma 3 than Arma 2. Not to mention most of Arma 2's content was Arma 1 ports.

No, not much more.

Fewer, the static weapons are "copy paste" and the RCWS are also "copy paste", maybe more rifles, but not much more pistols, at, aa and static weapons.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:05 AM, maxl30 said:

Arma 2 was my first Arma and the one wich thrilled me to the idea of Arma.

With Arma 3 we win and loose some things in Arma.

We win the ability to dive, clothe oure characters and create missions in a 3d editor.

We loose the reality nearness of the game setting, the arma womens and the diversity and number of uniforms and weapons.

Sources:

https://arma3.com/

http://www.arma2.com/

The idea is simple, rework the content of Arma 2 (wich are under some licenses free available to be edited) and integrate it into Arma 3 as third party DLC.

It includes the reworked campaign (in A3 Vanilla campaign style), content and the maps (larger as the maps) of Arma 2 in Arma 3 Vanilla quality.

You are 100% free to pitch such a DLC towards Bohemia Interactive.

none of the content in these 2 images are not part of A2 assets, all of it is part of RHS, all of it is bespoke content made for A3 btw.

• Like 3

I'd like to have old ArmAs campaigns with new 3rd party DLC 

• Like 1

JUst for the women alone I would be all behind a paid port of the Arma 2 assets (improved of course).

However, Reddit is in full meltdown over the GM DLC right now could you imagine if they were made to pay for an Arma 2 into Arma 3 DLC? Their heads would explode🙄

• Haha 1

One thing I liked about Arma 2 was the diversity.

The Arma 3 MBTs are all fairly similar in power. Its nothing like putting an M1 TUSK against a T-34 or T-55, regardless of which Arma3 tanks you choose.

It can be fun to be the advanced but outnumbered foe (similar to the APEX campaign when fighting syndicate), or the guerilla forces trying to make do with some pretty bad equipment.

APCs in arma 3 also seem rather cookie cutter, every faction gets one ampiibious wheeled, one tracked. Opfor and CSAT both get 1 with autocannon, one with HMG+GMG.

So I'd love to see A3 quality (with interiors) T-55s (not sure if GM has interiors), T-72s, BMPs, M113s, LAVs, etc. I'd also love to see high end stuff like a proper F-35B - with dynamic loadouts, and all the 2035 goodness, like the various small AAMs that were planned for it:

https://www.snafu-solomon.com/2016/01/f-35-news-looks-like-cuda-has-been.html

or the 6 AMRAAM internal loadout that was planned (but who knows, given its development cycle).

A2 quality is not A3 quality. CUP ports aren't that good either. I did my own F-35B port

And I'm fully aware that its not A3 vanilla quality.

A2 was great with the breadth of capabilities covered, from the L-39 with just rocket pods (I'll grant that dynamic loadouts has added a lot of diversity to A3, but only to the planes and Helos), to the SU-34 and the VTOL F-35B/ harrier.

On the west from old UH-1's with door mounted guns/AH-6s, to super cobras (AAMs in addition to the full A2G loadout)... West needs a heavier anti-tank helicopter. The east had a nice range of attack helos too...

But its really the ground vehicles where I think there was a lot more diversity. BMP1 vs 2 vs 3 were very different, as was a vodnik BPPU, or the wheeled APCs and armored cars. Just compara a BMP-1 to a BMP2 to a BMP3, or a BRDM 60 to 90, or the hmmv varieties... in A3, we get nearly identical MRAPs with just 2 weapon loadouts, and LSVs that are either ATGM or HMG/absurdly penetrating minigun (why why why does the 6.5mm minigun have a much higher penetration scaler than the infantry 6.5s?)

So:

1) older tanks, APCs, armored cars that are outdated A2 has these, port them and increease the quality, add interiors, etc

-BRDM2, BMP-X, T-55/72, T-60, LAV-25/M2, M113, HMMV variants

2) A port of the apache for the west, ideally with wingtip mounted AAM places like the supercobra had (and the real apache had tested this configuration out, even if it wasn't adopted), Mi-24s +MI-8/17 ported

UH-1s for syndicate or something

3) F-35B, and a carrier capable SU-34 for CSAT (and a reskin or similar CSAT/Chinese carrier)+  An updated LHD

As pointed out, for ArmA 2 we already have CUP, which is good enough. Armed Assault is irrelevant, honestly.

Recreation of Operation Flashpoint though, complete with official campaigns and scenarios, now for that I wouldn't mind paying full expansion price.

• Like 2

I would be fine with more Chernarus + assets and an official takistan 2035 map ...female characters will not be in without the engine change that includes new skeleton and anim system I guess.

Maybe we will see Arma 3 maps in DayZ and vice versa some day...that would be smart 🙂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Maybe we will see Arma 3 maps in DayZ and vice versa some day...that would be smart 🙂

This should have been done , a long time ago for both arma and dayz.

There are a lot of stuff included that missing , that could be used and make a great upgrade for both games.

But after 5 years ?!

#marketing

10 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This should have been done , a long time ago for both arma and dayz.

There are a lot of stuff included that missing , that could be used and make a great upgrade for both games.

But after 5 years ?!

#marketing

Yeah but both games have been in early access for ages..so with both titles full released and with nothing new to come for a long time it would help a lot keeping things interesting ...

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, maxl30 said:

CUP is Arma 2 Vanilla quality not Arma 3 Vanilla quality, i think in A3 Vanilla quality many would buy it.

How do you come to that conclusion? CUP adds new textures, models and animation in every update and is constantly improving the quality if its content. There are some assets that are more or less a direct port from A2 but the majority was either completly remade or was atleast impoved in some aspects. The rest is scheduled for rework/upgrading. Also CUP includes A1 and CWA stuff. Upgarading that many stuff just takes time.

Than there is RHS which contains a lot of stuff we had in A2. Together you already have all of A2 (except the campaign) in A3 and that is why I think it is really unlikely to see something like that as CDLC.

Nevertheless you a free to pitch this idea to BI yourself, if you are up to the task.

P.S. Also consider the huge s***storm that is inevitable when the player see a DLC where BI is charging money for stuff they already released 10 years ago. It doesn't matter if the stuff is polished or not, the reviews would read "BI is selling the same game twice!11 RIPOFF! Don't buy!"

Edited by NeoArmageddon
Added a P.S.
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

How do you come to that conclusion? CUP adds new textures, models and animation in every update and is constantly improving the quality if its content. There are some assets that are more or less a direct port from A2 but the majority was either completly remade or was atleast impoved in some aspects. The rest is scheduled for rework/upgrading. Also CUP includes A1 and CWA stuff. Upgarading that many stuff just takes time.

Have to more than agree with this comment. Sure, the first releases of CUP just ported over and made available A2 public assets in ARMA3 (which was very welcome), but anyone who says that CUP is just A2 quality nowadays hasn't looked at what the team has done in the last couple of years. From adding new assets - the MELB, Leopard II, M60, Burnes's amphibious assets among others - to their pioneering work on magazine wells support to the retexturing and rework of the old assets (particularly for BAF), the team has done a vast amount of work to constantly expand and improve their range of mods.

On the Terrains side of things they also continue to improve and expand what is available for mission and map makers - from fully integrated ARMA3 road network support to the addition of winterized assets to the continuing localization of resources to expand their mods to a wider audience.

Highly recommend folks keep track of the changelogs both in their published mods and those for the dev branch versions on the Steam Workshop that show what is coming soon

And LOL, while Contact may have a tractor that CUP has had for ages, like RDS before it... they do not have this work of art:

cup_old_tractor.jpg

• Like 3