empleat100

how much fps you get on private server ?

Lets say clan server 32 players. How much fps you can get, i am especially interested at min fps. In koth public, i get 25 barely and when i encounter someone whole game freezes. This game has so poor performance, it is unplayable. Only on private servers it is better. But still this game has poor engine so how much min, average on private server ? And on what details ?

19 hours ago, empleat100 said:

this game has poor engine

Oh, look. Another game engine expert.

Cheers

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Dude just, you can't deny this engine bottlenecks gpu and it isn't fully used, even with geforce 2080 and i7 8700 - perfomance is still poor. That would be stupid denying that, because it is fact. But i don't say engine is garbage in any other aspect. It just doesn't take full advantage of gpu and use it inefficiently. And you didn't answer my question, that's why i am asking, how is performance on powerfull private server, lets say 32 players. Because on private it is little better.

32 minutes ago, empleat100 said:

you can't deny this engine bottlenecks gpu and it isn't fully used

If the bottleneck were the GPU, then the GPU would be fully used wouldn't it?

• Like 1

What ? Cpu bottlenecking gpu, so gpu isn't fully used.By the way can you asnwer my question, or you want to brag about words...

Well to answer to the initial question, I am getting  30/110 FPS on Malden in a Coop on our clan server.

On more difficult terrains like Tanoa, I am getting from 25 to 80 FPS with an average 45/50.

On #1, I am gaming a specially configured Arma rig with all terrain preparation based on the Old Bear method😎

i7-7700/Z270/GTX 1060 6Go/16 Go DDR4 3200/SSD M.2 500Go + SSD M.2 500Go

CPU = i7-7700 : the faster and more efficient CPU I can get 2 years ago allowing a good FPS level.

GPU = GTX 1060 6Go : the card allowing to play in "Ultra" quality without sacrifice.

RAM =  16 Go DDR4 3200 MHz : 8 Go is a minimum, 16 Go helps to play 64bits client and heavy loaded terrains. High level frequency helps overall performances.

Storage = SSD M.2 500Go + SSD M.2 500Go : SSD gives no FPS but helps to stream textures at high speed and to fight game stuttering.

This game is different, it's slow, more based on tactical approach than brute force.

30 fps min is yet manageable. 25 not so much. Also big problem are drops, because they cause tearing and dynamic lag, so maybe better to lock fps, but that may cause fps drops. Do you get that problem, when you encounter someone whole game freezes and you can't hit anything. This is from poor server performance , i don't think this happens on powerful private server right ?

That's more a server/connection issue than a game issue.

In order to host a server, you need to get a rather good connection.

If you have a symmetric 500/500 Mbps fiber internet connection it will run well.

If you have a dsl internet connection you will get issues.

DSL connections typically have very fast download speeds but very slow upload speeds.

Arma MP is using a very special server system, it's not a classical current Client-server system.

Here,  for reliability and precision need, simulation is run on the server and on the client as well.

Most of the exchanges between client, your PC and the game server are used for synchronization.

Last years, BI Dev have done a nice job in reducing the weight of information flows.

But you will always have issue on a DSL hosted server.

• Like 1

Okay ty.

Btw when arma 4 comes out, better be at least 60 fps. Playing this game is painfull right now. What are outstanding graphic for, if game is not playable...

3 hours ago, empleat100 said:

What are outstanding graphic for

Picture's.. Still one's. In the case of Altis, holiday snaps. 😉

So true, i crank up everything on maximum details and go watch turtles on the beats on 11 fps, this is all this game is good for...

How about some information about your setup, provide the following if you could, maybe we can clear

this up further, answer the following @empleat100

• What are your computer specs?
  • What are your video settings set at, low?
  • What server were you on, Koth?
  • Server location if you know that you have been on when you get your low fps and the game freezes on you?
  • Your location, and your ping when on that server?
  • Number of people playing at once?
  • Mission being played?
  • Map the mission is on?
  • What was the situation during your play, in a city, urban, or field environment?
  • Many explosions going off, or alot of action going on, on the screen?
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

How about some information about your setup, provide the following if you could, maybe we can clear

this up further, answer the following @empleat100

Well he already complained that a i7 8700 and a GTX 2080 ain't enough for this game:

On 4/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, empleat100 said:

Dude just, you can't deny this engine bottlenecks gpu and it isn't fully used, even with geforce 2080 and i7 8700 - perfomance is still poor.

So either he doesn't even own any of the mentioned components and made it up, or he's already playing arma 4.

I guess he actually owns an i7 3770k and a GTX 780 with slow as hell RAM (think ~1600MHz) or something along those lines, some fairy told me...

Cheers

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Well he already complained that a i7 8700 and a GTX 2080 ain't enough for this game:

So either he doesn't even own any of the mentioned components and made it up, or he's already playing arma 4.

I guess he actually owns an i7 3770k and a GTX 780 with slow as hell RAM (think ~1600MHz) or something along those lines, some fairy told me...

Cheers

I wonder how that fairy knows... I have an idea how. 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Gees, those are a bit better then what i have but then whats his ram, and ram frequency, is the game on an SSD, whats his view distance set at, you and i know all this

but theres alot of other factors that go into how Arma runs and sometimes its not all just the best cpu and gpu you have that make the difference.

I played on an IFA3 king of the hill Koth server earlier this week, had 48 players on it, i never play on public servers, but i just joined a friend, anyways game ran perfect for me,

i had no lag, no issues whatsoever, and all my settings except for some i dont use are maxed, view distance is at 2000m.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 5:17 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Cheers

True, people with this setup having perfomance issues, because arma wont take advantage of multicore bottlenecking gpu. I won't pay 500$ for 4400 mhz ram and oc cpu to 5ghz to get 10 extra fps, when most of the time perfomance will be limited by server you are playing on anyways... 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, empleat100 said:

True, people with this setup having perfomance issues, because arma wont take advantage of multicore bottlenecking gpu. I won't pay 500$ for 4400 mhz ram and oc cpu to 5ghz to get 10 extra fps, when most of the time perfomance will be limited by server you are playing on anyways... 

Then why use hardware as an argument to complain about the games fps in most of your posts?

Cheers

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Gees, those are a bit better then what i have but then whats his ram, and ram frequency, is the game on an SSD, whats his view distance set at, you and i know all this

but theres alot of other factors that go into how Arma runs and sometimes its not all just the best cpu and gpu you have that make the difference.

I played on an IFA3 king of the hill Koth server earlier this week, had 48 players on it, i never play on public servers, but i just joined a friend, anyways game ran perfect for me,

i had no lag, no issues whatsoever, and all my settings except for some i dont use are maxed, view distance is at 2000m.

IFA 3 king ? Couldn't find that server on gametracker, on in game and googled it and there is thread saying it doesn't exists anymore.

3 hours ago, empleat100 said:

IFA3 king of the hill Koth server

All the servers for Koth https://servers.armakoth.com/

Koth website https://armakoth.com/

Server i was on ---->  CodeFourGaming - King of the Hill - 1944  by Sa-matra             Current number of players 82/85