Hi Arma 3 Developers

I've played all your Arma series and i loved it. When Arma 3 come out i missing two things.

1. A M4A1 carabine. I really like this gun and i would love if you will add it back to Arma 3. I know there is kinda M4A1 gun but i prefere having the real M4A1. So if you can add it too that will be nice

2. A HELICOPTER. Theres MH-80 Ghost Hawk. If you will add a script to open the doors and firing from them that will be so cool.

At least add an M4A1 back to game. And if you want to say that i can use workshop to dowload a mod for this gun and helicopter I don't want to. Why? Beacouse then I won't be able to play Arma 3 Official Servers. So like i said please add a M4A1 to Arma 3.
Hope to see that

Bye

1 hour ago, Internet_ARMA3 said:

1. A M4A1 carabine. I really like this gun and i would love if you will add it back to Arma 3. I know there is kinda M4A1 gun but i prefere having the real M4A1. So if you can add it too that will be nice

Mods exists that add M4A1s.  Plenty of mods actually. 

2. A HELICOPTER. Theres MH-80 Ghost Hawk. If you will add a script to open the doors and firing from them that will be so cool.

The doors of the ghost hawk are openable.  Here's the code:

_helicopter = vehicle player;
if (_helicopter doorPhase 'door_R' == 0) then {
	_helicopter animateDoor ['door_R', 1];
	_helicopter animateDoor ['door_L', 1];
} else {
	_helicopter animateDoor ['door_R', 0];
	_helicopter animateDoor ['door_L', 0];
};

And here is the topic you should go to if you want to request something from the devs:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Internet_ARMA3 said:

1. A M4A1 carabine.

Since APEX there is at least an AR15 kind of rifle with multiple variants in the game (yes, it is an HK416). With the latest DevBranch update (today) you are also able to put 30 round magazines into the longer barreled variant which is really awesome. 

7 hours ago, Internet_ARMA3 said:

2. A HELICOPTER

There are actually multiple helicopters with FFV positions in the game. For example the Hummingbird and armed Hellcat. 

Yea nato hellcat.................... and the Apex DLC gun. Apex DLC. DLC! You need to buy this holy mighty thing or whatever it is to us that gun. M4A1 gun should be for Free like MX guns

It benefits you not to throw insults at somebody on these forums. Especially when you're making a post that in fact shows you're the one being ignorant.

You failed to read what he said about it being a feature in the dev Branch version of the game. You can load 30rnd mags in the longer barreled SPAR-16 in the latest test build of the game (and likewise load 150rnd drum mags in the short barrelled version) and it will show the correct magazine.

It'll be a feature of a future Arma 3 stable patch.

Edited by FallujahMedic -FM-
removed insult quote
  • Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 10:18 PM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Since APEX there is at least an AR15 kind of rifle with multiple variants in the game (yes, it is an HK416). With the latest DevBranch update !!!    (today)    !!!! you are also able to put 30 round magazines into the longer barreled variant which is really awesome. 

So that mean it should be now

It is on DevBranch. No idea when it will hit stable branch. 

Your post would be better readable if you hadn't wrote everything in the quote by the way.

@Internet_ARMA3

Arma takes place in 2035. In that timeline, the M-16/M4 platform (of NATO) had been replaced with the MK16 (FN SCAR). This has basis in the real-life adoption of the SCAR by USSOCOM in 2009 (in use by operational units). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_SCAR

So, not having the M-16/M4 platform isn't so unrealistic after all. 

As for not wanting to pay for DLC (whose sole purpose is to "add to", "augment" and "build upon"), the good news is that Arma gives all of the features of DLC to Non-DLC customers. "A key component of our new approach is the idea that, while new content is paid, new features are entirely free. This enables us to grow the platform with significant new gameplay updates for everyone who owns Arma 3, while offering up great extra content for those players who want to experience it and support our ongoing development."

In that vein, mods such as CUP provide a Smörgåsbord of weapons, units, vehicles and terrains ABSOLUTELY FREE! In fact, there are 9 different variants of the M-16/M-4 in CUP Weapons mod alone.

• Like 4

Suggest renaming thread to 'adding old things'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3