LoRo

Automate placement of ponds on Terrain Builder?

I am working on 2 maps of 80 km of the real world ( Malvinas / Falklands ) that have too many lakes / ponds to place manually, and I would not like them to be seen on the satellite and not be closed, or to be deleted from the map. texture ... Many of them are at very high altitudes to sink the land to sea level, so I would use the ARMA2 ponds

lvWi5jJ.jpg

j0B1W8z.jpg

h7ypJDd.jpg

53Hz49X.jpg

I am trying to automate everything possible, in openstreetmap satellite information I have most of the lakes in zones (blue), along with rocky areas (gray) and roads.

zoFXZ4T.jpg

bEsaRai.jpg

0sV9NjC.jpg

I was thinking if they could take advantage of these areas in TB and fill them with several blocks of ponds as with the trees, but they would be at different heights, and I do not know if it is possible to level them or assign them only ONE block for each area and stretch it in a size that covers all the area, do you think any of these options is possible or another one occurs?

You can get programs that turn shapes to 3D models. BUT you will have to split the shape in to objects smaller than 50m (might be lower), then add snap points to the corner of each models, so you can join them in TB.

There is no quick and easy way to make ponds, its a long and tedious task adding snap points and LODS.

Also in future it might be better to use English, so we don't have to translate the page

• Like 1

I suppose I will have to manually place only the most important ones, at least initially, but I did not want to discard the idea of looking for another solution, I do not know the use of the terrain processor and if some kind of script can be used for this task

13 minutes ago, RoF said:

Also in future it might be better to use English, so we don't have to translate the page

sorry I did not notice, I had originally published in English, but when editing the post to change a duplicate image I think that chrome auto translated my publication