AZCoder

[sp_camp] Dark Tides

I'm most certainly looking forward to this!

@AZCoder If you are looking for beta testers, I'll be gladly one of them!

• Thanks 1

Here's a couple new ones, plus I updated the first post with a new pic.

SEAL_TOC_sm.jpg

watery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AZCoder said:

Here's a couple new ones, plus I updated the first post with a new pic.

So, can we expect NBC suits usage and functionalities on this campaign? sweeeeeet... and dark Tides will be as lenghty as Shadow Fall and Gambit Royale combined? Gosh...it´s going to be a looong ride... awesome 😍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

So, can we expect NBC suits usage and functionalities on this campaign? sweeeeeet... and dark Tides will be as lenghty as Shadow Fall and Gambit Royale combined? Gosh...it´s going to be a looong ride... awesome 😍

Yes indeed. I've wanted to do something like this for years now.

• Thanks 1

Some more pics to show progress.

promo1.jpg

promo2.jpg

promo3.jpg

• Like 4

Kart race! Fish BBQ! Jennifer Connely!

Wow, this campaign just gets better n better =D

Anxious to finally see the series finale of Gates of Armaggedon!

Cheers! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not all parties. Here is something for the dogs.

m08a.jpg

m08b.jpg

m08c.jpg

SEAL dog with vest and camera

m08d.jpg

• Like 7

I just wanted to make sure anyone reading here has seen Ghosts

I know at least a couple of you did. I got to playtest this campaign and it is real solid, extensive voice acting, an intriguing story, well worth your time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Them thar skies are lookin' rather sullen to me.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

aBellTower.jpg

aFlying.jpg

aMi24.jpg

aSu57.jpg

aWheat.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I found a weird bug on Livonia. The problem is that when an AI dies in the big hangar at the airfield, they fall through the floor. Using debug I was able to determine that they were still there, so I did an experiment of raising a body up 1 meter and here is the result.

Is this a known issue?

• Sad 1

Hey bro, tried to simulate your issue at the exact same spot in your video...couldn't replicate it, bodies don't disappear.....however, If the building takes damage then they do fall through the floor. I ran a little test after catching the last few seconds of your test video, I noticed there was a wrecked vehicle and some fallen walls just outside the right hand side window, so maybe the building had taken some damage when you ran your test, It's possible this is a bug that's went unnoticed by the developers...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EO said:

Hey bro, tried to simulate your issue at the exact same spot in your video...couldn't replicate it, bodies don't disappear.....however, If the building takes damage then they do fall through the floor. I ran a little test after catching the last few seconds of your test video, I noticed there was a wrecked vehicle and some fallen walls just outside the right hand side window, so maybe the building had taken some damage when you ran your test, It's possible this is a bug that's went unnoticed by the developers...

Fantastic! I'm sure the building is damaged, lots of things happening inside and around it. Maybe I can grab the building object and make it invincible. Thanks for looking into it!

OK so I have it figured out. The problem occurs only when the damage to the hangar is 100%. There's a certain something that keeps exploding in the hangar in my mission (not on purpose) and causes 100% damage, BUT there's no damage model for the hangar! I didn't know the hangar was being "destroyed." Glad that mystery is solved, thanks EO.

• Like 2

Just a little update. I have had a series of challenges with trying out different maps for one of the major sections of the campaign and run into different problems with each. For example, the most recent work has been on Livonia, but FPS is generally poor on that map, especially with 80+ groups operating. Throw in some weather and dawn lighting and my FPS is 12 to 16 in some areas. I was trying out Livonia because Contact also has the CBRN equipment that I need. An old (unsupported) CBRN mod I was using got wrecked by a recent Arma 3 patch.

Before Livonia I was using Beketov. The only issue I ran into there came from the fences. Everything is fenced in on that map LOL. However I wrote a script that solves the problem with fences, so maybe I will return to that map instead of using Livonia.

Other than that, things are going well. I have 10 solid missions completed and a few more to go. Keep in mind some of the screen shots posted are all from development and can change / have changed over time. Don't worry, the beach party is solid and won't change. Drinks on the house.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, AZCoder said:

Other than that, things are going well. I have 10 solid missions completed and a few more to go. Keep in mind some of the screen shots posted are all from development and can change / have changed over time. Don't worry, the beach party is solid and won't change. Drinks on the house.

Phew... for a minute I thought you´d scrap that lovely beach party! Don´t you dare, lol

I hope to be able to use JohnnyBoy´s boomstick... even if it is just in a cutscene

Anxious for the conclusion of the DUtch Denmark trilogy 8D  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

I hope to be able to use JohnnyBoy´s boomstick... even if it is just in a cutscene

It does work on Tuna!  😉  (and men and sharks, the other fish are too small to target with it).  Let's face it, the audience will be confounded and disappointed if the question "How did they catch that tuna on the BBQ?" is left unanswered...lol.  Maybe when the director's cut comes out in a few years...

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Anxious for the conclusion of the Dutch trilogy 8D  

You know that name Denmark is something I just pulled out of my ... uh, hat. That's why I made Shadow Fall, just to explain the name 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, AZCoder said:

You know that name Denmark is something I just pulled out of my ... uh, hat. That's why I made Shadow Fall, just to explain the name 😉

Indeed... gosh, I was kinda half asleep when I wrote that and didn´t even bother to check the vilains´name lol

To be fair, I´m a fisionomy guy (have hard time remembering names, but I can recall a face in the crowds easely) so pardonnez mon error 😉

AZCoder, your storytelling is impecable, I dare BIS (or at least a big mod/cdlc group) to hire you as campaign writer 😃

Cheers  

PS: I sincerely hope Denmark somehow survives and escapes the final showdown... such memorable vilain deserves to live another day (and suffer the embarassment of failing his masterplan lol)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Indeed... gosh, I was kinda half asleep when I wrote that and didn´t even bother to check the vilains´name lol

To be fair, I´m a fisionomy guy (have hard time remembering names, but I can recall a face in the crowds easely) so pardonnez mon error 😉

AZCoder, your storytelling is impecable, I dare BIS (or at least a big mod/cdlc group) to hire you as campaign writer 😃

Cheers  

PS: I sincerely hope Denmark somehow survive and escape the final showdown... such memorable vilain deserve to live another day (and suffer the embarassment of failing his masterplan lol) 

I thought you were making a clever reference to Denmark, but it seems Dutch is Netherlands. I confuse the 2 countries.

I'd comment on that last part, but hmmm, spoilers and all. However I can say there are a couple of major choices the player can make that will determine which of 3 endings you can get. Also I appreciate the compliment.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

I thought you were making a clever reference to Denmark, but it seems Dutch is Netherlands. I confuse the 2 countries.

I'd comment on that last part, but hmmm, spoilers and all. However I can say there are a couple of major choices the player can make that will determine which of 3 endings you can get. Also I appreciate the compliment.

MULTIPLE ENDINGS?!!!!! Lovely 8D

I´ve loved that Ghosts (influenced by your work) had 2 possible endings (MERCS too has 6 or 7), so Dark Tides is already on the Pantheon of Unforgetable Epic ArmA3 Campaigns (beforehand lol)

I praise all my missionmaker´s idols cus you guys keep this engine running, the least we can do is keep your creative minds motivated, lol 😃

Cheers and keep up the great work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's Fall already? What a busy Summer.

Sorry, things got delayed. After 7 years in WA state, I went back to Arizona and bought a new home. My online name has meaning again, LOL.

Now that moving and all that busy work is out of the way, I'm going to pick up where I left off and get going on the campaign testing again. We'll get this done sooner or later.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1