AZCoder

[sp_camp] Dark Tides

Looks interesting, hopefully we'll get to play with some modern Russian equipment. Got bored of playing with m4 all the time lol

• Like 1

I looked back at the start of this thread and didn't realize how long I've been working on this. LOL  It's getting close!  I don't want to predict when ... I'm terrible at that, but there're only 3 or 4 more missions to go out of about 18. There will be 2 completely different and unrelated final missions depending on choices made.

promo1_111020.jpg

promo2_111020.jpg

promo3_111020.jpg

promo4_111020.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, AZCoder said:

There will be 2 completely different and unrelated final missions depending on choices made

I LOOOOVE Multiple endings... AZ, for unknown reasons, I can´t see the jpgs you´ve attached to your post =( (even the ones on your signature) - edit: I can see them if I open the links on an extra tab... must be my AdBlocker plugin 😃

Anxious for the last chapter of Gates of the Armageddon!

Cheers!

3 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

I LOOOOVE Multiple endings... AZ, for unknown reasons, I can´t see the jpgs you´ve attached to your post =( (even the ones on your signature) - edit: I can see them if I open the links on an extra tab... must be my AdBlocker plugin 😃

Anxious for the last chapter of Gates of the Armageddon!

Cheers!

Same for me with the pics

I think I've seen that happen with AdBlock. They don't like Godaddy I guess.

I can't see any of the pics either.  I'm using Brave browser.  Looking forward to this release!!!

• Like 1

I just loaded this on Brave. I can see the pics fine. But I cannot see the footers for anyone. So for example, @johnnyboy your footer shows Missions and Scripts, that's hidden on Brave for me, so are my missions for my posts. Pictures are there though.

On Brave you possibly have to disable certain shields for this website. On PC (I'm using Opera GX) I had to disable some Ghostery tracker blockers to see the pics.

Primary development finished and the first beta was built last night which is my first chance to see how it all fits together. I think it does what I envisioned. A few things need to be fixed and tweaked, and there are some voice overs to implement. It could take a few more weeks in post-production 🙂

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

On Brave you possibly have to disable certain shields for this website. On PC (I'm using Opera GX) I had to disable some Ghostery tracker blockers to see the pics.

The funny thing is that I've tried this page in Firefox, Chrome, and Brave, with adblock and ghostery, and nothing gets blocked. Except for Brave, it did block the footers until I turned the shield off, but no trouble with the posted images. I have seen ghostery block a lot in the past, to the point where I stopped using it, but I did re-enable it here for testing and had no problem. I wonder why this is, after so many have reported the problem. I was hoping to experience it myself and try to find a solution.

45 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

Primary development finished and the first beta was built last night which is my first chance to see how it all fits together. I think it does what I envisioned. A few things need to be fixed and tweaked, and there are some voice overs to implement. It could take a few more weeks in post-production 🙂

Best of luck for the final flourish mate, I've really enjoyed following the development.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updated first post with required addons, a few optional, and a list of recommended immersion mods (some are obvious). The required list is a bit heavier than my previous works but mostly matches the previous two campaigns.

I went back and forth on requiring Contact, and while I really like that DLC, I realize not everyone has it so I went with JSHK Contamination Gear to get the chemical suits required, and the variety of suits and helmets is awesome. Some of you may know that I was also split between using either Beketov or Livonia. I went with Beketov in the end of course, since I'm not requiring Contact. Having said that, I am using 2 assets from Contact that may cause a problem. One is the chemical detector, although I can probably script around it. The other is the radio backpack which is used by a team NPC. I think as long as you don't team switch to that NPC, then you should be ok ... if I understand the DLC rules. I also use a few Contact DLC vehicles in the background, and some Contact units. I think that's ok if you don't have the DLC. If I'm wrong, someone please let me know.

The reason I have a list of optional mods is because I know some people get turned off by having too many required addons, and none of them are really necessary although the GPNVG18 mod really makes night vision a lot better.

Then there are the addons that are included in the campaign pack, some of which I made, several are from EO, a couple maps from Jakerod, and a few others. Some of the ones I made include a patch that fixes the missing rain sound on Beketov, and one to convert rain to CUP snow on Pecher.

One other item to note, the campaign is around 400 mb. 19 missions and several hundred lines of dialog will do that 🙂. The included addons are almost 400 more for a total of roughly 800mb. Remember, Moschnyi and Miroslavl' are included in that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow! We´re almost there! I would have voted (if there were a poll) for keeping CONTACT but I guess it is preferable to keep requisition to a safe minimum... Livonia looks better than Beketov, thou it has some "distopic" areas that would fit the campaign... either way, waiting anxiously for it and as all those required mods are availableon ArmAholic, null sweat!

Keep it coming AZCoder 😃

• Like 2

12 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Wow! We´re almost there! I would have voted (if there were a poll) for keeping CONTACT but I guess it is preferable to keep requisition to a safe minimum... Livonia looks better than Beketov, thou it has some "distopic" areas that would fit the campaign... either way, waiting anxiously for it and as all those required mods are availableon ArmAholic, null sweat!

Keep it coming AZCoder 😃

I have mixed feelings about the choice. I really liked what I did on Livonia. I am also using a couple assets from that DLC (like the chem detector), and that may not work out well for non-owners of it. Honestly, I prefer the Livonia version. For that matter, I guess you need the Karts DLC if you want to do the kart track in the campaign. It's optional in-game and just meant for fun. I couldn't get the AI to race around reliably so it's a solo event.

• Like 1

@Dedmen  Can anyone PLEASE tell me why my posts keep getting hidden?

• Sad 1

@AZCoder Hey mate, I'm following closely this development as a great tool to learn campaign making. I can't wait to play it...and learn from a true mission making master.

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2020 at 11:43 PM, corporal_lib[br] said:

Keep it coming AZCoder 😃

This is my third attempt to reply to you. BI keeps hiding them.

It seems if I mention a certain map, even though I love that map, my posts get hidden. This has been going on for a couple months.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, AZCoder said:

BI keeps hiding them.

Actually the forum software is automatically hiding them, at present I am unsure as why. It maybe your Script Library link in your signature which is triggering the anti-spam protection. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Actually the forum software is automatically hiding them, at present I am unsure as why. It maybe your Script Library link in your signature which is triggering the anti-spam protection. 

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I just yanked out that link. Will see how that goes.

I was hoping to get this out before Xmas, partly because there are some holiday themes in the later part of the campaign. However the last half of December is busier than normal, and I have one "problem child" mission (plus a few minor things to cleanup). I am now aiming for early to mid-January.

• Like 4