Sign in to follow this  
The Black Fox

How can I integrate my custom A3 vehicle into the game?

I know a fair amount about modding other games, but I'm trying to get into Arma and it's extremely complex.

I have ONE goal for now.

I want a black Strider with a decent top speed (~200km/h) that retains the original Strider's amphibious nature, but is faster in the water (~65km/h) with the 30mm cannon from the BTR/Gorgon instead of the RCWS.

Getting models and textures out of the game is pretty easy. I already have the black textures, the strider model, and the cannon model/textures.

The next steps for me are integrating the finished thing into the game, which I have NO idea how to do.

Can someone post an easy to understand guide of how to put a finished model into the game?

There's an issue...
You can't just rip a model out of the game, change what you like and put it back in.

Technically you can, legally you cannot.

So what you should do is: take the strider config, change whatever you wish, like speed etc, but it needs to link to the standard p3d.
I'm unsure on how to do the turret stuff, you can hide the old one, but I don't know if you can attach a new one.
It may be possible to attach a Gorgon which is all hidden except for the turret, to the hidden turret of the strider.
Remove the ammo from the original turret and add the weapon and ammo from the Gorgon's turret.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/54604-forum-rules/

3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

An email or PM will be sent regarding this matter.