Sign in to follow this  
The Black Fox

Island made of Malden's limestone rocks, laggy

So I made an island base out of the limestone rocks that came with Malden. About 100m away on a boat it doesn't lag, but once you get 50m in it starts to lag a LOT (as in the frame rate drops).

The island has an interior cave as the rocks are placed precisely. On the interior, no matter how low the game's settings are set, it drops to about 8fps.

It's a really nice island and doesn't require the terrain editor, but the lag makes the area unplayable.

Here's a link to a custom composition of it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qnfnii24nmakkbq/Island%20Base.zip

• Thanks 1

Not sure if you ever got your answer to this, but setting the rocks to disable simulation in Eden fixed the problems for me and gave me an almost 10-15 frame boost in FPS. Setting them to simple objects using the following script (grabbed from Reddit): 

0 = [this] call bis_fnc_replacewithsimpleobject;

made it a little easier on dedicated servers when playing multiplayer. I also used zoning outlined by Karmaterrorᵁᴷ's comment on steam to help optimize large missions with many sets of rocks in different places. Hope this helps anyone who's having this issue!

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 1:42 AM, The Black Fox said:

So I made an island base out of the limestone rocks that came with Malden. About 100m away on a boat it doesn't lag, but once you get 50m in it starts to lag a LOT (as in the frame rate drops).

The island has an interior cave as the rocks are placed precisely. On the interior, no matter how low the game's settings are set, it drops to about 8fps.

It's a really nice island and doesn't require the terrain editor, but the lag makes the area unplayable.

Here's a link to a custom composition of it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qnfnii24nmakkbq/Island%20Base.zip

I've experienced this bug too and it is clearly a case of an unoptimized asset that needs to be fixed by the devs at some point, as having just a few of these "Limestone Rocks" and cause heavy stutters and cause low FPSs on all systems.