Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Mh47e chinook released

The MH47E Chinook has been released for version 1.85 and higher only

The script to transport vehicles and personnel isnt finished yes and will be released with version 1.1

get it at the downloadpage

Great sounds cool any idea when 1.1 will be released?

Damn, i love you guys!!! biggrin.gif I'm gonna download it right now!

When the script is finished

but our mission/script maker is very busy with making the demomissions for our addons, and we aim to get the other helos released first.

Edit: D´oh, don´t mind me. I read someting wrong.

Oh, and no demo mission? confused.gif

OFP CWC mean operation flashpoint cold war crisis

the reason there is no 1.46 version is because the backhatch only works with 1.75.

YA i agree with u vixer to release the other helos first and keep up the gret quality addons u guys are the best! biggrin.gif

Edited, Good job BAS!

Great Work BAS. You guys have done it again. Bravo smile.gif

I just sent a simple Co-op mission to opflashpoint.org for anyone who want's to see this puppy in action. It may take a while to appear there so I'll try and get some space to provide a link for a short time.

Here we go: Co-op Mission

Link will only be active for a day. Enjoy. wink.gif

HELL YEAH! 12 MORE MINS TO GO!!! I loved flying the orginal chinook people said to me its a flying brick but there sooo wrong!

Great work BAS!

ahh, i slept right through release time, but anyhoo, until we get link up on Ballistic site, here is Ballistics MH47E Demo.

BAS MH47E Demo

Well i tested it and loved it soooo sooo much very great work! Cant wait for the cargo script out. I vote for BAS to make a KC-130 Stratotanker for all the in flight refueling needs  biggrin.gif

BTW: Nagual did you mean to say the demo mission not the demo helo?

I just tried it out. Here are my thoughts on it:

Neg. stuff/bugs-

1. Flight characteristics are not bad, but perhaps a tiny bit more sluggish then the regular CH-47.

2. Sometimes in a hot LZ, all the men aboard a chopper somehow die. I'm not sure what caused that... I only saw it happen twice.

3. Enemy machine gunners don't seem to shoot at it like they do the SEB NAM2 Chinook.

4. The door gunner with his excellent minigun, does not seem to ever fire at anyone. sad.gif Maybe I just don't hear him firing or something.

5. It could use a custom gun site of some type. But that's not a big deal. Works fine as it is when playing the gunner.

Positive stuff

1. The model is outstanding. Lots of very cool details like all the radar/FLIR stuff, ECM/COMs equipment, hoist, and infrared suppressors near the engines. I love the big refueling probe (ack that sounded bad) and the extra wide fuel tanks/extra armor on it.

2. Nice moving cargo door also.

3. No major bugs.

I think that it still could be improved. For example it would be very nice to have the flare system from the G8 Tornado.

But overall I think it's one mean looking mutha. I just wish I had some Delta Force/Rangers to stuff in it. Right now I'm using the Operation Code Blue soldiers in it which looks very cool on the Desert Malden map.

Keep up the outstanding work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 02 2003,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. Enemy machine gunners don't seem to shoot at it like they do the SEB NAM2 Chinook.<span id='postcolor'>

What? I get the east reg machine gunners and addon machine gunners to shoot at it try raiseing there skills maybe?

I tried it with bolth the cargo and non cargo verison and the machine gunners fire away and dammage me so i fly in a lead em down with the good old M134 biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TaNK_Em @ Jan. 02 2003,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 02 2003,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3.  Enemy machine gunners don't seem to shoot at it like they do the SEB NAM2 Chinook.<span id='postcolor'>

What? I get the east reg machine gunners and addon machine gunners to shoot at it try raiseing there skills maybe?

I tried it with bolth the cargo and non cargo verison and the machine gunners fire away and dammage me so i fly in a lead em down with the good old M134 biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm.... I'll test that out some more and try raising the skill level. I was using Christoph's Middle East fighters so perhaps their skill level is down low. But they fire at the BAS AH-6 Little Birds just fine....just not at the BAS Chinooks. sad.gif

Anyways, I'll try it again.

Thx.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm as you said Miles the Ai gunner will only fire if you target and give fire command or something like that as for the people geting in sundely and dieing i tested it with a 12 man group under my controll and they got in fine dident test it with non group members. Im sure the final verison will have bug fixes cause BAS always gets things done with 110% work force biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. Flight characteristics are not bad, but perhaps a tiny bit more sluggish then the regular CH-47.<span id='postcolor'>

What can you expect - its a bigger, heavier and much wider than a CH-47...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2.  Sometimes in a hot LZ, all the men aboard a chopper somehow die.  I'm not sure what caused that...  I only saw it happen twice.<span id='postcolor'>

strange... will have to look into this one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3.  Enemy machine gunners don't seem to shoot at it like they do the SEB NAM2 Chinook.<span id='postcolor'>

Very strange, after hours of testing i have never noticed that - i allways get shot at a lot, maby the AI just don't like me tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4.  The door gunner with his excellent minigun, does not seem to ever fire at anyone.  sad.gif  Maybe I just don't hear him firing or something.<span id='postcolor'>  

That is an issue, the AI just doesn't seem to like minuguns... will have to test and modify this for next version

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.  The model is outstanding.  Lots of very cool details like all the radar/FLIR stuff, ECM/COMs equipment, hoist, and infrared suppressors near the engines.   I love the big refueling probe (ack that sounded bad) and the extra wide fuel tanks/extra armor on it.<span id='postcolor'>

Thankyou - there has been A LOT of time and effort spent on this model...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. Nice moving cargo door also.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks again...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3.  No major bugs.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what we strive for with our beta testing biggrin.gif

Regarding flare systems, rappelling and other nice features like that - we ARE working on it, and I assure you that it will be available in version 1.1

Will the rapelling cability be part of the helicopter's .cpp file or it will it require an external script?

I have a script that works nicely for rapelling, but it would be incredible if it was possible for any " in cargo" units to do that without a script.

Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

no flares yet...

it will be built into the helo's cpp and included in the pbo, so no need for external scripts  biggrin.gif

i dont know if this happens to anyone else, but i have some problems with it. first, when i start resistance, (1.91) an error message comes up saying i need bas_soar to use the MH6 little bird, after, the games starts normally with no problems. everything works fine, all addons and the MH6 work fine. but when i try to load missions using bas little birds and soar pilots and some addon weapons in the editor, another error comes up saying that "cannot load mission, missing addons 'bas_soar'" what the hell do i do, i worked hard on these missions and now i cant load them