Rokuruta

Some problems with CfgSFX

What's goin' on guys?

I want to add sounds from this video to my mission.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have any tutorials how to do it.
For the third day I am trying to find answers.

I downloaded the sound packs and figured out the discription, but I do not know how to activate them in the game.

For example, I want the sound to come from a laptop, or a radio in the car. How to do it? (in the case of music, news)
Or I want to add sounds of conversations, and that they turn on when I walked alongside (just like in the video) I suppose this is done using a trigger. But what should i write in the trigger itself (on activation)?, Etc.

I'd be grateful for any help.

16 minutes ago, Rokuruta said:

ive already seen it. Still dont understand...

Then I suggest one of various scripting tutorials for arma.

Mr. Murrays guide might be for A2, most stuff still holds true and should get you started. Also google is your friend.

Don't expect to get into it within a day, 2-3 weekends with 2-3 hours per day should be plenty though.

Cheers

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Then I suggest one of various scripting tutorials for arma.

Mr. Murrays guide might be for A2, most stuff still holds true and should get you started. Also google is your friend.

Don't expect to get into it within a day, 2-3 weekends with 2-3 hours per day should be plenty though. 

Cheers

Thank you so much, I will carefully study this material. But now I would like to get an answer to my question ... please

Have you check here ? :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30413

it says here :

Spoiler

Installation / Usage:
For usage instructions and information of how to use the Regional Ambient Sounds Pack please refer to the included documentation and/or example mission.

As with my other packs this is plug and play...just drop the "sound" folder into your mission folder and copy the accompanying description.ext into your mission as well. All ambient sounds will appear in the "SFX" section of Trigger effects.

I've included 2 sample templates for the awesome Sangin and Isla Duala maps. But you don't have to have those maps to use these. Simply copy the description.ext and sound folders over into any map you want, then place appropriate triggers where you want the sounds to play. The sounds will show at the very bottom of the "triggers" selection box under effects when using them with traditional triggers.

• Thanks 1

I have also something similar , that you can change this a bit to different type of objects , like radios etc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I have also something similar , that you can change this a bit to different type of objects , like radios etc 

Oh wow! i'll check that out and write here later. Thank you sir!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rokuruta said:

Oh wow! i'll check that out and write here later. Thank you sir! 

You 're welcome and welcome to Bis Forums as well !

since you like ambient sfx , you can check also here :

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

You 're welcome and welcome to Bis Forums as well !

since you like ambient sfx , you can check also here :

Just tested the sounds. It worked. Have no words actually. I waste 3 days to find the answer, and just found it because of you, sir. Thank you!

btw I'll be using your soundeffects too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rokuruta said:

Just tested the sounds. It worked.

you're welcome Rokuruta, have fun !

• Like 2