Timberhawk

automatically running a script on spawned units, after the game has started.

ok, so here's the outline of my conundrum:

- introduce gaming community X

- community X focuses on zeus-run missions

- X has a coder Y who made templates for all maps in order to organize the start of zeus missions.

- a majority of X, like many others, are of the opinion that Arma's vanilla style is "too futuristic".

- member Z completely disagrees with this assessment, and enjoys running missions set in Arma's 2035 setting.

- Z recognizes that one of the prime factors of the disagreement with X are the aesthetics of the equipment used by the main OPFOR faction CSAT.

- Bohemia introduced a BDU styled uniform in arid hex camouflage with the tacops DLC, which is more in line with the desired appearance of OPFOR factions by X.

- additionally, the modset of X includes several mods that introduce pieces of equipment that go well with an arid hex BDU.

- Z wishes to meet the members of X halfway.

- creation of a script to change the loadout of a unit falls within the scope of Z's coding abilities.

- Z hopes to find a way to automatically run a script on each CSAT unit included in a list of units, including units like crewmen but excluding units like snipers, officers and divers, upon spawning by the curator.

- creation of a script to run a script automatically on each spawned unit does not fall within scope of Z's coding abilities.

- coder Y is to be at best considered uncooperative.

- Z does not have the ability to change X's modset to include more factions.

- X uses a system created by Y that forces players that wish to play on their server to run the modset of X, with only Y-approved additional client-side mods.

- Z does not have the ability to change the template used to start zeus missions, as such this idea needs to be able to be implemented when the game has already started.

- however, X does run the Ares/Achilles mod, which introduces an execute code module M, which Z hopes will allow him to add an event handler.

- M features the ability to run a script in a local, server, global, and global + JIP environment.

- Timberhawk, who shares Z's fondness of the 2035 setting, wishes to help, and at the same time create a script that can be adapted to adjust the loadouts and other parameters of any spawned unit in the game by way of code, allowing the zeuses of X unprecedented freedom to come up with new styles of factions using the myriad pieces of clothing and equipment present in X's modset.

- however, the scope of my coding abilities is about as limited as that of Z.

I really hope someone can help me make this a reality; as you can see if this can be pulled off the possibilities are endless.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Timberhawk said:

I really hope someone can help me make this a reality; as you can see if this can be pulled off the possibilities are endless.

Hello there Timberhawk and welcome to Bis Forums !

I was reading and i was thinking on continuous xyz , so here is the greek Ω (omega)😂

You could just ask for a loadout script !

This is probably what you want :