Sign in to follow this  
mickeymen

Please correct the error of the player automatically getting up, after firing from the launcher

On 5/1/2019 at 9:56 AM, reyhard said:

I tried to debug it for around 3 hours and see what is wrong but it seems to be more complex than I initially thought. Issue is listed on internal feedback tracker so perhaps someone more skilled will be able to take a look at it in their spare time. Arma 3 is now in End of Life state and there are no dedicated programmers assigned to it no more so usually issues with higher priority (like crashes or MP security) are being fixed first.

Hi @reyhard! I dare say that now Arma3 is still is in not End of Life, because BIS working hard on the next cool DLC, before the release of Contact DLC, there are 9 days left!

Surely you have programmers on your staff. Please do not forget about this irritate player error and correct this already in upcoming DLC - "Arma3: Contact"

This bug/weird action is a result of a specific behaviour in the stance handling with a launcher. You can override the stance change via player action key and force into stances and cfgMove states and it works fine, you can use your launcher in prone as you do in real life and this bug does not occur. It is the result of a change in the stance change state machine and it seems purposely made. Either fixing the float problem with actionKeys or removing this behaviour in the stance state machine would be a solution we could work with.

Hei Bohemia! 

Half a year has passed since I published this post! At first I needed to prove a crazy bug, because you did not believe me, but I still proved that it exists!

Now that I have proved it and half a year has passed - we want to know:

When this crazy bug will be fixed ?

@BIS! Half a year has passed,  it was easier for you to create a whole DLC Contact, instead of fixing this shameful mistake that kills the player!

The player is tired of dying from the return fire of the tank - the game seems to mock the player. It spoils the quality of your game!

Each time a shot from the Titan-launcher (top fire mode) and in the 50% of cases, you is a dead soldier, because the game will lift you to your feet and return fire will kill you!

Why should a player die from this shameful error and experience negative emotions?

Developers are you going to correct it or not?
If you can’t fix it, just remove the switching fire modes from the game! Let the Titan have only the top fire mode by default

Please finally do something!

5 hours ago, mickeymen said:

If you can’t fix it, just remove the switching fire modes from the game! Let the Titan have only the top fire mode by default

No, why only one fire mode?

There are situations where you don't want the top-attack mode...

You may just switch firemodes back to default to avoid this bug... (if that works that is...) or just switch to rifle before going prone.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:20 PM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

No, why only one fire mode? There are situations where you don't want the top-attack mode...

It will be better than the game will raise you to kill, at moment when you namely want save your virtual life!

Yes, I sometimes use a switch of fire or a change of arms before I go to prone, but I can’t always manage to do this (I can forget or not have time). At that moments , I want to break the keyboard and monitor

This code, launched in the player's init, will help to avoid this bug:

this addEventHandler ["AnimChanged", 
	{
		params ["_unit", "_anim"];

if (_anim in ["amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon"] && currentWeapon _unit isEqualTo secondaryWeapon _unit && secondaryWeaponMagazine _unit isEqualTo []) then 
			{         						   
				if (primaryWeapon _unit isNotEqualTo "") exitWith 
					{
						_unit selectWeapon (primaryWeapon _unit);
					};

if (handgunWeapon _unit isNotEqualTo "") exitWith 
					{
						_unit selectWeapon (handgunWeapon _unit);
					};

if (binocular _unit isNotEqualTo "") exitWith 
					{
						_unit selectWeapon (binocular _unit);
					};

_unit action ["SwitchWeapon", _unit, _unit, 100];				
			};
	}];

Improved version:

anti_stance_up_bug = 
	{
		params ["_unit"];

while {alive _unit} do 
			{

waitUntil 
					{
						sleep 0.5;

(animationState _unit in ["amovpknlmstpsraswlnrdnon_amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon","amovpercmstpsraswlnrdnon_amovppnemstpsnonwnondnon"])
					}; 							                                                      													  

sleep 0.5;

_unit action ["SwitchWeapon", _unit, _unit, 100];	

sleep 0.5;

if (primaryWeapon _unit isNotEqualTo "") then 
					{
						_unit selectWeapon (primaryWeapon _unit);
					} else 
						{
							if (handgunWeapon _unit isNotEqualTo "") then 
								{
									_unit selectWeapon (handgunWeapon _unit);
								};
						};
			};
	};

[player] spawn anti_stance_up_bug;

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alleluia! Finally, after 4 years problem solved.

Better late, than never, thank you BIS!